Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaagggggggghhhhh -3

• 20-09-2007 9:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

i thought this was deserving of a new thread. i called 3 today to tell them that's there's a problem with the broadband since the "upgrade" on the 17th, namely the phone will download a number of bytes, a different number each time, and then just stop. sometimes it will kick in again a few minutes later but mostly the browser just times out. i made very clear that this has happened only since the upgrade.

this is how it went (a shortened version. there was much more back and forth of each of us repeating ourselves):

her:i'll just go ahead and ask my manager. hold please
    her: first i'm going to ask you to go ahead and turn your phone off and take the battery out

me: i've done that 10 or 11 times over the past few days. this is not a problem with my phone. hundreds of people are having this problem and if i put my sim in another 3 phone i have it has the same problem. the problem is with the network since the upgrade

her: ok so, i'm going to go ahead and ask you to reset your phone.

me: do you mean a factory reset?

her: yes

me: i'm not going to do that. that will delete my settings and will not fix the problem. the problem is at your end (also they just say that because your talking on the phone so it will become someone else's problem when you call back)

her: hold please.
    her: i asked my manager and he said that a factory reset will not delete your data.

me: i know it won't. it will delete my settings and it won't fix the problem. i'm not going to do it

her: hold please.

her: what my manager has said is that you should wait 24 hours and since you will not do a factory reset at that point we will go ahead and log your phone in for repair

me: there's nothing wrong with my phone. it happens in my other phone too

her: what my manager has said is that you should wait 24 hours and since you will not do a factory reset at that point we will go ahead and log your phone in for repair

me: are you suggesting that hundreds of people nationwide all simultaneously got incorrect settings on their handsets, coincidentally at the same time as 3 were upgrading their network

me: (dies a little inside). thank you. goodbye

i then called back a minute later because i was thinking to myself that if they keep telling everyone that the problem is their phone, the problem is never going to get fixed. i explained that to the agent and the symptoms again (again shortened)

him: yes there is a problem with the mobile broadband at the moment

me: the previous agent went and asked your manager and he told her to tell me the problem was with my phone

him: yes there is a problem with the broadband at the moment. out technical team are working on it and i suggest you wait 24 hours and if the problem is not resolved i will transfer you to them

me: well its already been 72 hours so can you transfer me now?

him: eehhhh, eehhhhh, the technical team is not available at the moment. i advise you to wait 24 hours and if the problem is not resolved i will transfer you then.

me: (dies a little more) could you please tell your manager that this problem exists? thank you. goodbye

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Maybe Three should bring their agents over to their stores in Ireland for a week or two and operate 'Genius Bars' (ala Apple Store), They can massage our sims and wait 24 hours to see what happens....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

WezzyB wrote:
    Maybe Three should bring their agents over to their stores in Ireland for a week or two and operate 'Genius Bars' (ala Apple Store), They can massage our sims and wait 24 hours to see what happens....
    a 3 customer care instructional video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmgAPOYqqSA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

send that log of in a mail to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

hey i had that problem re-downloading music tracks to a 2nd phone last week! would download a different percent of the file each time then just freeeze like as if i had hit some 2mb wall for downloads! managed to save 11 tracks but lost 21 and still waiting for response from three!

p.s. is it possible that they are limiting the amount you can download in one session??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

foggy_lad wrote:
    hey i had that problem re-downloading music tracks to a 2nd phone last week! would download a different percent of the file each time then just freeeze like as if i had hit some 2mb wall for downloads! managed to save 11 tracks but lost 21 and still waiting for response from three!

p.s. is it possible that they are limiting the amount you can download in one session??
    i don't think so. the n70 has a usage monitor and it usually stops at something like 300 bytes down and 1.03 kb up. it'd be fairly scabby if they were purposely limiting you to that.

unless they're trying to make it so unusable that phone customers give up and modem customers can get some bandwidth

• Advertisement

i don't think so. the n70 has a usage monitor and it usually stops at something like 300 bytes down and 1.03 kb up. it'd be fairly scabby if they were purposely limiting you to that.

unless they're trying to make it so unusable that phone customers give up and modem customers can get some bandwidth

scabby aint the word i'd use ha and did'nt o2 limit i-mode downloads from sites like napster to save bandwidth but at least that was to benefit other phone users! they are giving it all to data modem users to stop them cancelling and choosing other providers

just spent 40 mins on phone to three grrrr! the guy said he was technical support but when i asked was he a technician he wouldn't answer and he then said he is part of customer services working for tech support haha but more to the point i told him about re-downloading music to my upgraded phone on 7/9/07 and that 22 out of the 33 downloads had failed and as this was the 3rd re-rownload those tracks had gone from "my music". i asked for those tracks to be put back into my music so i could re-redownload them but he said while this was possible it would not be done as i could download the tracks using my pc which i refused to do because the traks on phone are designed for the phone they are only approx 1mb while tracks downloaded to pc are 4-5mb! the "my music" area says clearly that i am entitled to 3 re-downloads on upgraded phones yet three are preventing this!:eek: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

you really need to start getting these things in writing vimes. Then open one of those funny t shirt shops :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

There's absolutely no point in calling their customer care team for anything beyond standard and very simple problems. You might as well be talking to a voicemail system, they simply don't know anything / have no information and will force you through a loop of standard trouble-shooting proceedures.
    Email:

customer(dot)services.ie@3mail.com
    customer(dot)services.ie@threemail.com

insert . for (dot)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

I'm having the exact same problem and have been on to them countless time. I'm going to try and work this angle next http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54136999&postcount=6

I keep getting the same responses and basic troubleshooting guides. I actually stop them now before they even get to ask. They must think I'm Psychic. An engineer has been trying to get hold of me today so I left some answers to his questions which a colleague. Fingers crossed but I'm not very hopeful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Ok, so I got off the phone from 3. They say that their handsets do not support 3rd party software. If it worked until now then I was lucky. :rolleyes: I'm very curious as to why it's not working. It really does sound like they've messed things up in the backend. (or that they are deliberately restricting access to anything which involves large quantities of data - videos, software etc..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

her: first i'm going to ask you to go ahead and turn your phone off and take the battery out

me: i've done that 10 or 11 times over the past few days. this is not a problem with my phone. hundreds of people are having this problem and if i put my sim in another 3 phone i have it has the same problem. the problem is with the network since the upgrade

I know, it really is very frustrating, i was asked to do that twice even though my question "I've an unlocked phone, can you send me my settings for Planet3", had more relevance to "Hi! Is it possible to turn my phone into a bomb!!?!?" than that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement