Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Snag List

Options
  • 20-09-2007 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Finally getting to snag my apartment next Monday and my friend is going to snag it for me. While I have every confidence in him ( he built his own house), I just wanted to ask if there is anything in particular I should look out for? All the important and major things to check for? Is there a checklist on the net I can print off?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

do you mind me asking where the apartment is?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

podge018 wrote:
    do you mind me asking where the apartment is?

Why do you want to know first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Pimpho,

At a minimum, make sure he compares it with the plans & specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

If he built his own house Im sure he knows the score...

When my sister was snagging the place Im buying I just had a look around inside presses. I opened all the windows, flushed the jacks, turned on taps and made the shower both hot and cold. I turned on their telly to check the signal.

She checked the serious things, and I was just poking around and being nosy and making sure there was nothing small wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

If he built his own house Im sure he knows the score...
    I opened all the windows, flushed the jacks, turned on taps and made the shower both hot and cold. I turned on their telly to check the signal.
    QUOTE]

Excellent advice re the plumbing - but bear in mind that the power may not be switched on at the time of inspection.

Good luck with the new place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

RIRI wrote:
    Excellent advice re the plumbing - but bear in mind that the power may not be switched on at the time of inspection.

Good luck with the new place

Indeed - make sure you put that at the end of your snag list, just to be on the safe side

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

juke wrote:
    Pimpho,

At a minimum, make sure he compares it with the plans & specs.

You wont get as built drawings and or constrution drawings from the builder or specs.

You'll be given the marketing crap but that wont be much use

Advertisement