Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jose Mourinho Odds

Options
  • 20-09-2007 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Spurs & Barca Joint favourites to land JM - 3/1 with Coral.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 monvoy

Paddy Power is giving 2/1 Jose to join spurs!
    Would this be a good move for either parties? I don't know! Although I can't see it happening myself. He'll go where he is guaranteed the money for transfers. But if we get him then that could prompt a takeover that we've been hearing about and therfore cash to spend.
    What do you think?
    Whatever the outcome we definitely need something to change at WHL.We must get back to winning ways. Poor result tonight could see the end of MJ by the weekend imho !!!
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I expect a big win tonight or he should go.

I'd love Mourinho - doubtful if it will happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well it might happen as The Special One's family are happy in London, kids settled in school, he mightn't want to move, also when Chelscum snapped him up there were rumours that Spurs had approached him, and I heard an interview with him in that he said that another London club had approached him before chelscum, and he aplogoised for turning them down when Chelscum came looking for him, so I took it he meant Spurs, we appointed Santini, Jose went to Chelscum and the rest is history, I also believe it would give Jose great satisfaction to turn Spurs into a top 4 side and Pizz off The Russian Mafia!

Snake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

don't think jose is the man for spurs. one of the reasons he fell out with his russian sugar daddy was because of the lack of flair in chealsea play.
    spurs were always known as a flair team and are in the process of being so once again.
    so no to jose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You should be praying for him, the thing that Spurs have badly lacked is 'steel' he's the man to build it in and you'll get JT and Fwankie next summer!

As he lives in and likes London and as said has a family now settled there it makes good sense for him, that said if Soho Square should make an inquiry he might fancy the England gig!

Here's an interesting fact Roman was first looking to buy Spurs, Chelsea came into view almost by accident.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

mike65 wrote:
    You should be praying for him, the thing that Spurs have badly lacked is 'steel' he's the man to build it in and you'll get JT and Fwankie next summer!

As he lives in and likes London and as said has a family now settled there it makes good sense for him, that said if Soho Square should make an inquiry he might fancy the England gig!

Here's an interesting fact Roman was first looking to buy Spurs, Chelsea came into view almost by accident.

Mike.

damn you accident!

damn you to hell!

id love JM to take over at spurs. And i dont agree that JM doesnt play with flair players, but his focus is on a strong team performance and not letting in goals.

i for one would welcome a clean sheet in a match for once. jesus, we couldnt even keep one against a team that would strugle in div 2 of the english league.

although, we can rule out JT and FL (shame, i like both players) due to the fact that we simply wont pay 150k a week in wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shelfer

Cannot see this happening for two reasons...

1. Mourinhos unwillingness to have his players bought for him is hardly likely to be any better at Spurs than it was at Chelsea, The DOF system doesn't seem to appeal to him very much
    2. For all his faults, he seems to be a man with a genuine affection for Chelsea and considers that working for Spurs would be a kick in the teeth to the fans he liked so much. Irrespective of his feelings from Abramovich, he wouldn't do the dirty on the fans...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

He told SSN that his next job won't be in England but hopes to return some day to manage again in England. So thats that then

Snake

Advertisement