Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Naughty Boys.

Options
  • 20-09-2007 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Was passing a car dealers in cookstown ind. est yesterday and noticed most of their stock was gone. They sold a lot of UK imported BMW 's . Had a closer look and discovered the place was crawling with Customs guys. They were wearing high vis jackets with Customs written on them in case anyone passing didnt know what was going on. Some one will be having sleepless nights !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A lot of Customs guys drive BMWs. Must have been a sale on.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I emailed a place on carzone about a 5 series they had (UK plates) - they had no problems saying that you buy "as is", i.e. you have to register it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dazcon

These cars were all registered here. I'm told the boys had worked out some kind of scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Dazcon wrote:
    These cars were all registered here. I'm told the boys had worked out some kind of scam.

Shouldn't take much of a scam to get around an illegal tax :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭~~SKYHIGH~~

You cant scam the government but they can scam us with their illegal vrt rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Let's Burn Stuff !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Could be firesale by customs in a few weeks, all cars must go!
    Might get a bargain for yourself.

Or else, they'll crush the seized cars:(

That's the government for you. Useless at spending tax money but damn efficent at collecting it

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

micmclo wrote:
    Could be firesale by customs in a few weeks, all cars must go!
    Might get a bargain for yourself.

Or else, they'll crush the seized cars:(

That's the government for you. Useless at spending tax money but damn efficent at collecting it

Do the customs resell the cars? and if they do who do they resell to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Altreab wrote:
    Do the customs resell the cars? and if they do who do they resell to?
    As far as I know they don't but they do have a nasty habit of parking up seized cars with the sunroofs and windows open until the owner forks out to get their car back so if you leave it for too long be prepared to find your car full of water and seagull sh*te. It seems to be the customs idea of a personal touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Was that *&* Autos

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

colm_mcm wrote:
    Let's Burn Stuff !!
    ROFL

@ NBar - thats them . Have you had experience of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

No experience but know of the crew that were running it. Lets just say the word cowboy and gangster are not to far away alot of cars with haircuts and oustanding finance etc would not buyt a spark plug from them and you can bet they will be opening under a new name very soon somewhere else. All I can say is from meeting people who have dealt with them Stay Away

Heard today they brought in a 911 and prebooked a registration number for it .They then went ahead and sold the car with the number but without paying the VRT. Unfortunatly the customer had the car confiscated as well when it all kicked off. There are cowboys out there............

Advertisement