Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 08 Demo

• 20-09-2007 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

HAve to say I really liked it, usually play PES 6 but I actually liked this FIFA not sure when its out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I got the demo. Thought it was pretty crap tbh.

Players just seem so unresposnsive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Wasn't convinced by the demo ... I felt like I was struggling to get the players to respond, close control wasn't great either - maybe there's some hidden button to do this (it didn't show the controller setup in the Demo).

Also, the cut scenes don't seem to fit seamlessly into the play. It's like the game stops for a bit to change the graphics into the cut scene movie, then switches back again. I mightn't describe it well, but it just felt disjointed ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Feels very like last years installment only again they've stolen one or two thing from the pro evo franchise. Very bulky unresponsive game, wouldn't really be into it myself. I'd say PES2008 this year is gonna be something pretty special!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I liked the menu. That was great, gameplay wasn't what I'd expect from a soccer game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Wasn't convinced by the demo ... I felt like I was struggling to get the players to respond, close control wasn't great either - maybe there's some hidden button to do this (it didn't show the controller setup in the Demo).

You can get to the controls ingame via options menu. It relies upon holding LT and using the right analog to do tricks. They seem very random though and they don't tell you how to do specifics, so u have to figure them out on their own.
    Game itself was a bit crap. I put on 2 player and didn't use the 2nd joypad but Mr Computer Man auto took the ball from me without even being controlled. So not much gameplay really at all! Shooting was a bit too easy and keepers a bit too athletic for my liking. Red Bulls keeper saving 10 shots inside the area from Henry & Ronaldinho? I don't think so!
    Bring on PES 2008!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

I actually thought it was good,
    One thing I did change was once the game started go to controller config, change setup to classic alternative(same setup as last fifa
    ) and most defiantly change:
    Pass assistance, through pass assistance, cross assistance, lob pass assistance to manual, makes it more free flowing and thee ball always goes where you want it to go.

Also check out http://blogs.ign.com/EAFIFA08/ for more info on the tricks etc.
    I can perform a rainbow (LB/LT plus flick down on Right TS then flick it up twice), and a few more that I don't know the name of.
    Favourite is flick right trigger up then down (while holding LT/LB[depending on config] and assuming player is running up[up is direction of player, down is opp direction of player])

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

not to impressed by the demo, was expecting more but maybe thats just my expectations. it just doesn't feel right. players are slow to react. haven't been a fan of fifa since pro first came out but was hoping this years fifa would be at least be able to match pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

brav wrote:
    o.

Also check out http://blogs.ign.com/EAFIFA08/ for more info on the tricks etc.

They make "run shoot score "sound complicated, what game are they talking about?

kdjac

I am waiting to play it on the 360. I thought that was great especially online, havnt touched Pro Evo after playing that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the player animations are very good but they feel really heavy to control. I thought it was ok but I went and played pro evo after and it was so much smoother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Been playing SWOS online on WINAUE over the last few weeks and jaysus the FIFAs and Pro Evos just don't hold a candle to it for playability and fun.Roll on the SWOS XBLA release. :D

Advertisement