Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tyres slashed

Options
  • 20-09-2007 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

On the way out to work this morning noticed that the two tyres were slashed on my bike. Total pain in the ar*e. Know nobody can do anything about it on here but why the hell do people do something like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Because they're scum.

Some people walk around with knives and get some primordial retarded kick out of cutting things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Angerdom: a potent mixture of anger and boredom.
    toombah wrote:
    why the hell do people do something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Revengeless vandalism never made sense to me. If you are going to commit a crime where you risk arrest or being beaten to a pulp if caught then you should really be doing it for one reason- monetary gain. At least a stolen bike might end up being used by another person, and the thief gets money, 2 people might gain. Obviously I am not condoning theft! just pointing out nobody wins from the vandalism.

The guy is getting nothing out of that crime- other than the satisfaction of telling his mother that she raised a kunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

You underestimate the pleasure certain people get from the feeling that they've gotten one over on some random.

There's also the image factor: two 14-year olds walk along a street and see a vehicle locked to a post. To you and me it's a bike. To one of the lads it's a chance to prove to the other that he's "up for it", "deadly crack", "a bit of a madser" etc....
    rubadub wrote:
    Revengeless vandalism never made sense to me. If you are going to commit a crime where you risk arrest or being beaten to a pulp if caught then you should really be doing it for one reason- monetary gain. At least a stolen bike might end up being used by another person, and the thief gets money, 2 people might gain. Obviously I am not condoning theft! just pointing out nobody wins from the vandalism.

The guy is getting nothing out of that crime- other than the satisfaction of telling his mother that she raised a kunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

where did the incident occur?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

King Raam wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Mad ou ov it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You underestimate the pleasure certain people get from the feeling that they've gotten one over on some random.

There's also the image factor: two 14-year olds walk along a street and see a vehicle locked to a post. To you and me it's a bike. To one of the lads it's a chance to prove to the other that he's "up for it", "deadly crack", "a bit of a madser" etc....

They really are just brainless, if they nicked the bike they can get the same pleasure of getting one over on somebody AND get some cash.

If the lad is caught he could be beaten to a bloody pulp, then would look an absolute idiot to his mates -getting beaten for no real reason, i.e. he was gaining nothing, it is not like "he got a beaten but almost got away with a €1000 bike", it is "the arsehole got beaten trying to slash a tyre".

I remember an asshole in school who did crap to be "the mad lad", would steal stuff like underwear and toothbrushes from supermarkets!, lads all laughing at him "could you not nick chocolate or something like a normal person!"- he couldnt even use the stuff as his mother would have known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 toombah

King Raam wrote:

Happened in the carpark of apartment block where I'm staying. It's a closed car park, other bikes there had tyres slashed as well. Really can't understand what the hell someone would do it for. Have been there around 2 years and nothing has happened like that in the past. Was lucky myself that I had spare tyres and tubes. (Albeit 700x23 's. Not great for the commute bike.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

ive heard about car tyres being slashed, but bike tyres??.......talk about a soft target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

get those tubeless all-rubber tyres. it will take them a while to realise what its not bursting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I've heard that it is local custom :-( I'm keeping my bike in the house or in my van so far.

Advertisement