Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing from Maynooth :(

Options
  • 20-09-2007 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi all,

My little grey and white cat went missing on Sep 7th from Maynooth and hasn't been seen since. She is medium sized, not big anyway. Was wearing a red collar with a gold bell. Very friendly but also timid.

If anyone has found or even seen her please let me know. 0861920397.

I am fairly sure she's just lost and not dead after conducting many morbid road searches and making the council try to recall every bit of roadkill they picked up from Maynooth (none! thanks be to god).

Any help very much appreciated. I don't know how to post a picture but her picture and details are up here on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/40/13478640.html

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

She looks like a sweetie. I hope you find her soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Sorry to hear that

Put lots of posters up if there are shops near you, and on lamposts in all the streets nearby.

From experience, cats can cover 1/4 of a mile a day going from garden to garden when they're lost. I got my cat back after 4 weeks, and he was only a mile or so away as the crow flies. Was able to track him based on sightings, always too late tho - until finding him when someone took him in. The posters I put up worked.

Good luck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Where's my Cat?

Many thanks for the support you two. I haven't given up hope yet.

I love hearing these success stories, thanks for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Dont give up hope yet, my neutered grey tom went missing for over a month! I made up posters offering a reward etc, no sign of him, was devastated! Used to wake up thinking I heard him outside the window, but no sign. Then he decides to turn up, when I was on hols! Thank god someone was home! I got a silent phonecall, was my bro holding cat to the phone! he was skinny but he was home and after 3 days of sleeping and constantly following us around, he was back to normal!

He has since disappeared a few times, nothing longer than a week. Although he is neutered, I am gonna bring him to a vet to check that it was done right, as that has been suggested as to why he suddenly decided to go walkabouts!!

Anyways, keep looking, and dont give up faith, I knew in my gut he was not dead, or injured, and he came home. Hopefully you will be back on here in a few days with your little darling back home safe and sound. Might be a grey cat trait!!

PS. What area in Maynooth have friends and family there who will keep eye out for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

yeah dont give up hope :) I had a cat years ago, suzi, and :) she used to go off for a month at a time and then decide to come back, god only knows where she used to end up, always used to come back very skinny and almost eat us out of house and home :D she was neutured also, but it still didnt stop her from doing it, altho she was older when it was done and did have a good few litters of kittens before we managed to get her done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Don't give up!!! I lost an 8 week old kitten once and she showed up outside my house almost a year later!!! My cat disappeard from Leixlip once and was found in a forest in Lucan a few days later!!! You are doing the right thing by putting up notices. Put up some in Lucan, Kilcock, Leixlip, even Dunboyne aswell. By the way the Liffey Champion have ran a few stories about missing pets, to great success, if you give them a ring maybe they will help!!! Try posting on DoneDeal.ie aswell, lots of traffic there.
    Also http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/ , lots of pounds and animal shelters post here.

All the best

Nala

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Cats can sometimes take refuge in garden sheds, outhouses and other buildings etc., so it might be worth calling around your neighbours and ask them to check their sheds or any other buildings the cat might have strayed into.

We had a cat that disappeared for about 4 days once, and we still have no clue where she went to, but like someone else said she ate us out of house and home for a few days afterwards so I assume she was trapped in somewhere without (much) food.

Thx all, to date I have

posters in all shops and vets close by
    leaflets in my estate
    notices in Kildare Post \ Evening Herald \ Indo
    posters on Gumtree \ ISPCA \ LostandFound.ie \ Lost.ie \ Adpost.com \ Catsaid.org \ and of course Boards.ie
    Registered details with every animal shelter who would speak to me in case she turns up there

You've had some great ideas and the success stories are keeping me hopeful, didn't even think of DoneDeal and also a great idea to put pictures in areas like Lucan etc.

Thanks again, I hope to be back on with better news after the weekend if not before.

No news at all yet so just bumping this up on the off chance it might help.

She was sighted in Carton Court, Maynooth on Monday but no sign since.

Agh, come home Sophie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Don't give up - if you're getting sightings then the cat's obviously on the move and you're just one step behind. That's what happened with mine (like I was saying above) - he was meandering from street to street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Try posting over on the NUI Maynooth forum aswell and posters around the college and schools. Kids are great at remembering animals, when we caught the dog that killed my cat, the dog warden said to ask the local kids if they knew him, he said we'd soon find the owner. We did, very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I'll keep an eye out for your kitty... I'm in leixlip myself...and will let you know if i see anything. I know how hard it is.

Advertisement