Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best takeaway - Bloody expensive

Options
  • 20-09-2007 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭

Was in Best takeaway last night, usual 2am munchies. Was gonna get a Curry Cheese chips when I notice that a large is 4.85 :eek: Obviously I thought 'Screw that' and didn't buy them. Question is, do people actually pay the guts of a fiver for a curry cheese chips? Sure for 8euro ya could get a bacon burger, chips and a drink... Madness I tells ya!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Cant go wrong for the kebabs in there but I dont really go there for much else

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Duff

Burgers and kebabs in that place are disgusting!! Cant bet the garlic bread tho!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SaxoDuff wrote:
    Burgers and kebabs in that place are disgusting!! Cant bet the garlic bread tho!

I had a chicken burger there one night and I thought it was nice. Although I was pissed at the time so it might not have been.

I had a chicken burger there one night and I thought it was nice. Although I was pissed at the time so it might not have been.

Sure everything tastes great when youre pissed, even abra!!:p ..doesnt taste so good comming back up the next morning tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Burger King Closed. Hear it is turning into an Easons.

• Advertisement

dingding wrote:
    Burger King Closed. Hear it is turning into an Easons.
    When did it close?? seen it open yesterday!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SaxoDuff wrote:
    When did it close?? seen it open yesterday!!

Apparently today.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54054422#post54054422

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

As I mentioned in the other post, was walking down O'Connell St this evening and it was gone.

Missed the closing down sale. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

BK is gone? Argh :(

In fairness i've never seen the place busy, but damn those burgers were tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Best Take Away is the happy eater imo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Is Greasy Mollys still open? Used to be beside Dicey Reillys (if thats still there!)

Saint_Mel wrote:
    Is Greasy Mollys still open? Used to be beside Dicey Reillys (if thats still there!)

Still there, only ate once in my 3 years in Sligo. Lovely greasy food but way too much out of the way

shows how small Sligo is when a place 30 seconds walk from the main street is considered out of the way :D

gustavo wrote:
    shows how small Sligo is when a place 30 seconds walk from the main street is considered out of the way :D

I think he means from the college but funny none the less.

even from the college its probably the nearest if your coming by the mall anyway

gustavo wrote:
    even from the college its probably the nearest if your coming by the mall anyway

Yeah I suppose so.

I was thinkign more like it's the furthest away from Envy, and most 'out of the way' considering i'd be crawling back towards Ballinode to the house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Saint_Mel wrote:

They've done it up though.
    It looks like an American Diner now. Kinda

Advertisement