Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206 Engine Management System Light

Options
  • 20-09-2007 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I was wondering would anyone know why the EMS light comes on in the 2002peugeot 206?
    Was driving to work this morning and it came on and stayed on until i turned the engine off when i got to work. Car started to rattle too when the light came on...scary moment while doing 70 on the motorway !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭~~SKYHIGH~~

golfnuts wrote:
    I was wondering would anyone know why the EMS light comes on in the 2002peugeot 206?
    Was driving to work this morning and it came on and stayed on until i turned the engine off when i got to work. Car started to rattle too when the light came on...scary moment while doing 70 on the motorway !

Well if the car made a physical response like that I'd be round to the dealers. They will hook it up to their computer and point out the faulth. My old Mitsubishi's engine managment light would come on time to time I think I paid 120 just to diagnose
    the faulth which was nothing serious in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭golfnuts

Only bought the car about 6 weeks ago. Its been back already for a squeaky brake pedal ( I was told the actual cover on the pedal was causing this) sure I took the cover off myself and what do you know.. the pedal still squeaked also back for tracking and wheel balancing 2 weeks ago.

Was wondering would any one know if I'm entitled to my money back if I asked for it ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭~~SKYHIGH~~

I dont know but if you felt you were mislead with your purchase then who knows.... Is you car covered on a guarantee?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭golfnuts

Yes, covered for 12 months, but I'm not very confident when driving it because of all the mishaps in this short space of time...whilst driving your wondering if it's gonna give way again with something going wrong again. I know this is negative thinking but hey I'm only human....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭clg23

206s are nothing but trouble, constant trouble. In the last 6 months - indicator, handbrake, exhaust, cylinder all had to be replaced

• Advertisement
Advertisement