Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[REQ] new mobile contract

• 20-09-2007 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

dont know if this is the best place, but i thought i could get some advice from all you bargain hunters...

my O2 mobile contract is up and they have offered me a gold upgrade (saves me a bit off the price of a new phone). i'm due a new phone and would love the N95 but will probably settle for something in the 99€ mark.

i pay 20€ for line rental per month but after calls i probably avergae about 50.

i call the UK fairly regular, and often go to the UK and roam (i think O2 have offered me free roaming in the UK).

can anyone suggest my best course of action? should i dump O2 and move to another operator? should i try and squeeze O2 to give me some free line rental etc? is they're gold upgrade offer enough for me to stay?

any advice would be appreciated, thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I am a business user with 02 and was recently contacted by a company called 2020mobile who are owned by vodaphone. They offered me a new nokia 6300 plus 3 months line rental to switch to them, I emailed o2 to see could they match that offer but all they came up with is a silver upgrade, point being that its worth shopping around to see who can give you the best deal.

Hope this helps

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Posting in one forum is enough isn't it? Gave you a reply in the other one anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

for UK roaming i know Meteor have a deal with T-Mobile so they offer the exact same call and text rates as at home... which is a pretty sweet deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

thanks for the info peeps.

ciaranfo, yeah i posted in here cos i was looking for a bargain (of sorts) and then found the mobile forum so put it up in there too, i hope this is ok?

thanks again

Advertisement