Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E220 loaded with Vodafone software... Need to change to 3 software.

Options
  • 20-09-2007 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to get the USB datamodem E220 working with vista on the 3 netowrk. I found a website that claimed to update the software so that Windows Vista could detect it. So I tried it and it seemed to start working, until it started loading the Vodafoen software. The guy who uploaded the files did not say that it was for a specific network. I thought it was a generic driver.

Anyway I need to get the 3 software back on it. Anyone know where I can get the files. I have tried the Huawei site and their software does not seem to do the job.

regards,
    Jonathan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you put the 3 setting for APN, user, pass etc it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭limerick_woody

Hi i downloaded the one off the Huawei site and installed it on Vista - I use Vodafone but i had to manually set up the APN settings when i made a default setup - i'm sure you can do the same if you can find the setting for your network. A quick search on the web should find them for you and then create a profile. I can't think why it won't work for you.

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

watty wrote:
    If you put the 3 setting for APN, user, pass etc it should work.

I tried connecting using the APN setting but I didnt use a password or username, wasnt prompted for one. It just said that I had to be connected to the vodafone network. I thought that the it was reading the SIM card and finding out that I was not on the Vodafone network.

Okay, I've found the "3 IRL 3G" network, but when I connect the message is "You Must Be On The Vodafone Network To Make A Data Connection". Cant get past this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You'll need a "3" username and password.
    Delete the vodaphone profiles
    Create a new profile

• Advertisement

First thanks for your help Watty.
    Hmm. No metion of profiles. Even searched the help / menus and everything and I cant find anything resembling a profile.

I using Vodafone Mobile Connect Lite 2.1.6.1
    Wonder is it much different from the one that you are using?

The version of the Vodafone software I had was Mobile lite. I got the proper software from the Huawei official site. Installed this and set up a new profile with

Name: 3ireland.ie
    and all other fields default.
    And it connects fine.

Thanks to the guys on this thread who helped me on the way.

Advertisement