Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New O2 Contract Due

• 20-09-2007 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

my O2 mobile contract is up and they have offered me a gold upgrade (saves me a bit off the price of a new phone). i'm due a new phone and would love the N95 but will probably settle for something in the 99€ mark.

i pay 20€ for line rental per month but after calls i probably avergae about 50.

i call the UK fairly regular, and often go to the UK and roam (i think O2 have offered me free roaming in the UK).

can anyone suggest my best course of action? should i dump O2 and move to another operator? should i try and squeeze O2 to give me some free line rental etc? is they're gold upgrade offer enough for me to stay?

any advice would be appreciated, thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

How much of your €50 bill is on domestic calls and texts? Ring them up or pop into a shop and ask them to give you a breakdown of your usage.

Even send them an email customer.care@o2.com

This will help you work out the way you use your phone and what suits you best. This would also help when using a website like www.callcosts.ie to get a rough idea and when comparing different operators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

jimmychin wrote:
    my O2 mobile contract is up and they have offered me a gold upgrade (saves me a bit off the price of a new phone). i'm due a new phone and would love the N95 but will probably settle for something in the 99€ mark.

i pay 20€ for line rental per month but after calls i probably avergae about 50.

i call the UK fairly regular, and often go to the UK and roam (i think O2 have offered me free roaming in the UK).

can anyone suggest my best course of action? should i dump O2 and move to another operator? should i try and squeeze O2 to give me some free line rental etc? is they're gold upgrade offer enough for me to stay?

any advice would be appreciated, thx

Jimmy, if you paying €20 a month then your on active life 40 or easy life 150.

Alot depends on which tarrif you are on and if you use all of your minutes. Assuming you stick with o2 then if you are calling the UK alot then your paying a minimum of 54cent per per minute. You can put an addon to give you cheaper calls to the uk, this costs €2 and you get calls to the uk for 25 cent.

It would also be worth your while seeing what you can get for your gold upgrade and compare the equivalent tarrifs on meteor, vodafone and three and point out what kind of handsets they are getting for that kind of cash.

Alternatively you may want to look at three. Three allow you to use your inclusive minutes in the UK and use them to call the UK within the republic of ireland. Their 200 minute tarrif for €29 (200 anytime minutes to uk or roi, mobile or landline) is quite good value for money - just remember that you cannot use AFT on three as they do not provide webtexts.

I haven't had the nightmares other customers have but their customer service is awful but for the value for money i get in comparison to what other networks would charge me they are by miles the best deal.

They're also fairly good for handsets (that being a relative term in the irish market) - you can get a nokia e65 which is a nice advanced mobile with wifi for €149 on that contract and you can put x-series on your tarrif.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

would go for the squeeze, i had a gold upgrade, had 150 mimutes, 100 txts (dont always use them all), and 25 international minutes, for about 42.50/month, told them i was going to three, cos they were going to give me 200mins, 200 txts, and allow me to use half the minutes to ring and roam in the uk

o2 came back and gave me 30% more mins and txt, can roam in the UK at no charge on the o2 network (comes out of my mins), and a platinum upgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

neilled, thats great info (i have the uk addon already) - the 3 info is of great interest, i didnt realise thier minutes could be used in the uk !

irish-stew, this is what i've been thinking... i squeezed them last year and they gave me 6 months free line rental but couldn't change my upgrade.

plenty to think about, thanks peeps !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

jimmychin wrote:
    neilled, thats great info (i have the uk addon already) - the 3 info is of great interest, i didnt realise thier minutes could be used in the uk !

irish-stew, this is what i've been thinking... i squeezed them last year and they gave me 6 months free line rental but couldn't change my upgrade.

plenty to think about, thanks peeps !

i believe 50% of your mins you can use to ring the UK and N Ireland from ireland,

makeing and receiveing UK and ireland calls on the 3 network in the UK and N Ireland also comes out of these 50% of these minutes, or at least that was the case when i showed an interest in 3 at the start of this year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

and any out of bundle calls in uk are same price as here its same as home pricing.

Advertisement