Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A: Juve lose Camoranesi for trip to Roma

• 20-09-2007 1:55pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry I was away last week and didnt have access to a computer

Preivw

MILAN, Sept 20 (Reuters) - Juventus will be without injured right winger Mauro Camoranesi for the visit to Serie A leaders AS Roma on Sunday, the first clash between two of Italy's 'big four' this season.

Roma top the table with three wins from three while Juventus lost their 100 percent record when they surprisingly went down 1-0 at home to Udinese last weekend.

A 2-0 win over Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League on Wednesday has further boosted Roma's confidence although Juve hope their lack of European action this season will leave them fresher to reassert their authority on Serie A.

The Turin club battled their way out of the second tier last term following their demotion in the wake of the Serie A match-fixing scandal.

The buzz around Sunday's match is a sign that Italian soccer is back to normal following the scandal and no one is looking forward to the game more than Juve midfielder Cristiano Zanetti, who won a scudetto with Roma in 2001.

'I am very curious to see this Roma side. They are a good team with great players but I don't see them as superior to us,' he told his club's Web site (www.juventus.com).

Juventus are weakened though by Camoranesi's thigh injury, which is likely to keep him out for six weeks.

The right wing berth could be filled by Hasan Salihamidzic, although he has only just regained fitness, while Antonio Nocerino is still slightly shaken up after being knocked down by a car outside a restaurant on Monday.

Jonathan Zebina, another former Roma player, is suspended.

Roma have no injury problems and will be keen to show off their brand of exciting, passing football in the showcase match.

Their one problem is a lack of cover for Francesco Totti, something second-placed Inter Milan have no worries about.

The champions, who lost 1-0 at Fenerbahce in the Champions League on Wednesday, will be able to field any two of strikers Hernan Crespo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, David Suazo, Adriano or Julio Cruz when they travel to bottom side Livorno on Sunday.

Defenders Maicon, Ivan Cordoba and Nicolas Burdisso are set to return from European suspension but Cristian Chivu and Marco Materazzi miss out through injury, with Patrick Vieira doubtful.

AC Milan, the other members of the big four, need to transfer their Champions League form into Serie A when they host Parma on Saturday at 1830 GMT.

Carlo Ancelotti's side have drawn their last two domestic games 1-1 but opened their European Cup defence with an impressive 2-1 win over Benfica on Tuesday.

Sunday's games kick off at 1300 GMT except for Sampdoria's city derby with promoted Genoa which starts at 1830 GMT.

Saturday, September 22, 2007
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    17:00 UK Udinese v Reggina Stadio Friuli
    19:30 UK AC Milan v Parma Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

Sunday, September 23, 2007
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    14:00 UK Atalanta v Lazio Stadio Azzurri D`Italia
    14:00 UK Cagliari v Palermo Stadio San Elia
    14:00 UK Catania Calcio v Fiorentina Stadio Angelo Massimino
    14:00 UK Empoli v Napoli Stadio Carlo Castellani
    14:00 UK Livorno v Inter Milan Armando Picchi
    14:00 UK Roma v Juventus Stadio Olimpico
    14:00 UK Torino v Siena Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino
    19:30 UK Sampdoria v Genoa Comunale Luigi Ferraris

Hopefully Inter can ge a win on Sunday. They were poor last night. Only for Cesar it could have been a lot worse.

Roma were on fire in Europe and it appears again it will be Inter and ROma going for the league.

As I said before Juve wont be and I can see a 3-0 score line to Roma in this one.

Milan look out of sorts in the league but good in Europe but should get the win.

The rest of the games should go to form

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Roma v Juventus should be an interesting game
    won a few quid on Inters poor european rusult it was obvious with the Injurys/suspensions they had it would be difficult.
    Was disapointed with milan last week expext a much better performance this one.

Will be watching
    19:30 UK AC Milan v Parma Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
    14:00 UK Roma v Juventus Stadio Olimpico

Live on bet 365 if I havent canceled my account in anger by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Juve have lost Almiron through injury in training.

Expect Mourinho (sp?) at Inter by Christmas....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Roma vs Juve, should be a great game, I'm still disgusted I cannot watch these games on Bravo or Setanta.

My prediction is 3-0 Roma. I told everyone Napoli would be good this season, hopefully they continue their good form.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

nipplenuts wrote:

Expect Mourinho (sp?) at Inter by Christmas....

Not sure about that. I wouldnt mind him there but Mancini is a class act as well. He probably still has to prove him self in Europe but I think that will come eventually. Maybe this year and if not then he could be out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Milan draw with Parma 1-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Todays Results so far:

Atalanta 2-1 Lazio
    Cagliari 0-1 Palermo
    Catania 0-1 Fiorentina
    Empoli 0-0 Napoli
    Livorno 2-2 Inter
    Roma 2-2 Juventus
    Torino 1-1 Siena

I did'nt see any of the games but the Roma-Juve game sounds like it as a great game and Inter seem to have dominated but made a couple of mistakes in defence which cost them. Atalanta go 2nd with their win over Lazio and Fiorentina go 3rd. Its not been a great start from the top teams, except Roma who dropped their first points today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

What was the Roma game like? 2 goals for Totti. Surprise, surprise. Genius.

His first was off-side. Del Piero spooned a peno over the bar. Roma were defensively a shambles, as was the Juventus mid-field - not connecting with the defence.

Juventus have lost Andrade with a severed knee ligament for the rest of the season.

Inter are a bit all over the place so far in the season. they havent hit any decent form yet but want to fairly soon

Di Natale of Udinese. What a run he's having

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIEb_RZULsk

• Advertisement

nipplenuts wrote:
    Di Natale of Udinese. What a run he's having

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIEb_RZULsk

Alot f the big teams were looking for him in the summer. Dont know why he didnt move. Suppose he's first choice there but he is a class player

kearnsr wrote:
    Not sure about that. I wouldnt mind him there but Mancini is a class act as well. He probably still has to prove him self in Europe but I think that will come eventually. Maybe this year and if not then he could be out.

Tuttosport today.
    Headline

"Inter in crisis: Mancini in trouble"

I know it's only newspaper talk, but it destabilises, and Moratti is not known for his patience....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

kearnsr wrote:
    Milan draw with Parma 1-1

Parma deserved to win it came at milan in the 2nd half and milan looked lazy and unfocused. Gilla needs to score and soon Im a fan of his but the criticism seems to be getting to him.

nipplenuts wrote:
    Tuttosport today.
    Headline

"Inter in crisis: Mancini in trouble"

I know it's only newspaper talk, but it destabilises, and Moratti is not known for his patience....

I could understand if he got the boot if he handnt done the job over the last couple of season but I reckon he has. He's won enough to keep his job safe till the end of the year at least (or at least I hope).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I have never liked Mancini, dont think he is good enough tacticaly. I know hes won 2 Coppa's and 2 Scudetto's, but he was gifted the first Scudetto and had by far the best squad last season. Look at the way he plays in the CL, last season he played a defensive team against Valencia when we needed a goal.

dor83 wrote:
    I have never liked Mancini, dont think he is good enough tacticaly. I know hes won 2 Coppa's and 2 Scudetto's, but he was gifted the first Scudetto and had by far the best squad last season. Look at the way he plays in the CL, last season he played a defensive team against Valencia when we needed a goal.

I've said Inter have struggled in Europe but its not just under Mancini when they've struggled. If you look over the last 10 years Inter have struggled in your with two exceptions when they won the UEFA Cup in 98 against Lazio(Randalo socred a classic goal) and when they got the the semi finals a few years back.

Even if Inter had the best squad they still had to win the games to win the league. The best squad doest equate the best team.

Advertisement