Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underfloor Heating: Before or after house is blocked?

Options
  • 20-09-2007 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have the installed the following for underfloor heating:

804 filling->Sand Binding->DPC->Insulation 80mm->1/2 Inch Heating Pipes.

I was going to get a fella to pour a 3inch Heating Screed over the pipes to a finished floor but he says that i have went too far and that the under-floor heating pipes should not have been put down until the house was blocked and plastered etc. This is a 25Newton Self-Levelling Heating mix.

I have too options:

1. Unistall the pipes and insulation, block hosue roof etc and then pour heating screed.

2. Continue as i am and pour a diffent floor concrete mix, don't know what newtons, any idea? and get someone to float it off.

Does anyone have any ideas on this, or what would people recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

We always pour the concrete only once but you might need to increase it to 4 inch and I would double or triple up on the insulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 BoylerMan

Hi Sesonic,

I am at the stage of installing the UFH pipes in a 3500 ft2 Dormer, both upstairs and downstairs. The house was designed with UFH from the start and I contacted the UFH suppliers from the start. What we did is as follows:
    Base :Filling, sand, Radon Barrier, 6'' concrete subfloor (30N with fibers & floated). We then went on and did all the blockwork, 2nd floor slabs, roof, etc. We have now finished the electrical cabling and am starting the first fix plumbing some of which will run on the subfloor. Next we are going to put down 75mm insulation with the UFH pipes on top with the floor screed (4:1sand/cement with fibers) of 75mm. Upstairs is similar with thinner insulation(20mm) on floor. Decided to leave out the windows until screed is done to allow concrete to be pumped in. Also decided to leave plastering till nearer the end. Some sand on the floor will stop this from sticking anyway..

Advertisement