Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6233 restarting its self when I get a voicemail

• 20-09-2007 2:26pm

I have a nokia 6233 since Feb, about 3 months after I got it I noticed it shutting itself off every time I received a voicemail I exchanged it for a new phone and I also bought a new size memory card of 1GB
    I noticed after I got it that every time I turned the phone off the ringtone and screen saver were resetting back to default regardless of whether they were being stored on the phone or memory card and now the original problem of when someone leaves me a voicemail the phone switches off has come back and when it turns back on, half the time if comes up with a sim card registration failed message which mean sif I’ve missed a call my phone is then switched off until I notice it ..and if I don't immediately check the voicemail it turns off during calls

I feel like bringing it back to the o2 store and sticking it up someone's arse I get a lot of voicemails and it’s important for my job that I’m reachable
    Has anyone got any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

What version of the firmware is it running? *#0000#

The latest firmware for that phone is v5.43

It fixes most of the random restarts. You can avoid o2 totally by updating your firmware at home using a datacable and Nokia Software Updater.

Grand i'll do that this evening and report back I have the cable at home
    thanks
    I have version 5.10 at the moment

ok the problem with the ringtone and screensaver has gone
    but the phone still restarts itself when i get a voicemail

any ideas???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I feel like bringing it back to the o2 store and sticking it up someone's arse I get a lot of voicemails and it’s important for my job that I’m reachable
    Has anyone got any advice?

No need for arse-stickage! If its under a year old and the phone is not physically damaged, o2 retail will replace it for you with a new phone.

If you have prrof of purpose, this will hurry things along.

2nd phone and also 2nd model for this problem to happen to me

Why oh why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

2nd phone and also 2nd model for this problem to happen to me

Why oh why?

version 5.10 is the most bug ridden version of this model. it's possible that if it's an o2 variant, version 5.10 is the latest available on the diy software updater. for an immediate fix, you might google nss and change the product code to something like 0535980 and then update to 5.43

my brother got a 6233 from o2 and sent it back and got a 6230i instead. if you want fancy, then go for a n73 or n95.

you'd be better off getting rid of it because the above procedure might invalidate any further warranty

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

nazoil wrote:
    version 5.10 is the most bug ridden version of this model. it's possible that if it's an o2 variant, version 5.10 is the latest available on the diy software updater. for an immediate fix, you might google nss and change the product code to something like 0535980 and then update to 5.43

my brother got a 6233 from o2 and sent it back and got a 6230i instead. if you want fancy, then go for a n73 or n95.

you'd be better off getting rid of it because the above procedure might invalidate any further warranty

I was reluctant to mention this as i don't know whether or not it's frowned upon around these parts. Good man Nazoil :)

Advertisement