Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shaving rash......

• 20-09-2007 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Er down there! Girls help me out here, I can't do the wax thing, I have a very low threshold for pain and I just can't do it so please don't suggest it....noooo....I've tried Veet but is it just me or is it not very good? Left it on for a long time too. So the only thing I can do is shave but I always come out in a really sore spotty rash after...so is there anyway to prevent this rash? Sudocream seems to make it worse if anything....any suggestions? Would an electric shaver be better? Or would I still get a rash? Thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

waxing is the way forwards. suck it up sister. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

maple wrote:
    waxing is the way forwards. suck it up sister. :D

Ha ha ha nooooooooooooo......I can't....seriously did it once and nearly fainted!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Aloe Vera helps a lot.. As pure as you can get it..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

MayMay wrote:
    Ha ha ha nooooooooooooo......I can't....seriously did it once and nearly fainted!

you did it yourself?? :eek: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY???

Yes it hurts but its the best thing. Take two nurofen/valium before going to the beautician. That deadens the nerves a little. You get used to it after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Try using a good shaving foam and really moisturise afterwards, like maple sait the aloe vera is great :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Boots do a cream just for that - can't remember name, white tube, green lid, on shelf beside lady shaving foams etc. Works a treat:)

Oh brilliant thanks, will look for that and if I can't find it I'll get Aloe Vera, thanks! :D

No waxing, no!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

OOOOH the last time I waxed it was with the veet thingy where you put the tub in the microwave and then spread it on - I had to cut it all off me!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I find Veet really good. And the regrowth is less 'spikey'.

Type 'bikini line shaving rash' into google, you'll get lots of results.

Pythia wrote:
    I find Veet really good. And the regrowth is less 'spikey'.

Type 'bikini line shaving rash' into google, you'll get lots of results.

How long do you leave the Veet on for Pythia? It's grand on my legs but doesn't seem to do the same for my bikini line. It's so much easier in every way, would be great if it worked for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I suppose about 7 minutes. I test a patch a little before that and if it's not ready, pop some back onto that patch and wait another minute.

So no need to get too worried about the whole no longer than 6 minute thing? Okay thanks for that Pythia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Got waxed once before and boyyyyyyyyy did it hurt, would love to pluck up courage to get it done again cause even if you shave or use immac style product it grows back fast and stubbly :( trying to 'pluck' up the courage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Product called 'No Bump' is also great (http://www.dermadoctor.com/product.asp?productid=712&AID=140712).

Bit hard to find but you can get it in Drury Street Hair & Beauty Supply, Drury St, Dublin 2. About €10 for a 100ml bottle, lasts for ages.

Thanks TJJP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dirty-Old-Man

Urban Wax will sell you "No Scream Cream", a topical anaesthetic for use before the session.

Thanks...hadn't heard of that....still don't know if I could handle it though, such a sap!

Does anyone know if you use an electric shaver/trimmer do you still get a rash/spots if you have sensitive skin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Susipoo

I absolutely without a doubt recommend Nair Bikini! I too am v sensitive but this stuff is great. I kinda cheat - leave it on for 15 minutes and very gently shave off - I don't know why it doesn't cause a reaction but truly it doesn't.

Advertisement