Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4th year Computing room - wireless

Options
  • 20-09-2007 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Routers being re-installed as we speak. Should be wireless enabled by this avo

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nice one. Any news on when the computers will be on the domain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

when i was in it 2 years ago it took them weeks for us to get admin rights on the machines

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

gustavo wrote:
    when i was in it 2 years ago it took them weeks for us to get admin rights on the machines

Ah nuts. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Just to let ye know before ye go mad with axes:

Some 3rd years have been granted permission to use that room. So far it's only 4 of us and we'll be sticking to a corner so ye won't even know we're there. As you enter the room, we'll be on the right hand side wall (Straight in when you enter)

Like your own projects last year, it'd be great if no one poked at the hardware etc... Ye know yerselves what it's like to come in to your project and see someones been messing with it

If only my ban hammer worked in the real world. :(

• Advertisement

If only my ban hammer worked in the real world. :(

Why's that now?

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Why's that now?

Because I'd ban ye all from our lab. :D One question, why do only a select few of ye have permission?

Because I'd ban ye all from our lab. :D One question, why do only a select few of ye have permission?

Ah don't be so narrow-minded!

Only a few of us need it, hence only a few of us have persmission. Gonna use it for building equipment etc.

Ah don't be so narrow-minded!

Only a few of us need it, hence only a few of us have persmission. Gonna use it for building equipment etc.

Are you allowed use the computers in there? If so are you given admin rights on one of the computers or do you just log on to an one you like?

Are you allowed use the computers in there? If so are you given admin rights on one of the computers or do you just log on to an one you like?

Not too sure but i'd presume we're allowed to use the PC's for research online although we'd have no need for admin access. We'll be using our own standalone machines for installing linux etc

• Advertisement

Not too sure but i'd presume we're allowed to use the PC's for research online although we'd have no need for admin access. We'll be using our own standalone machines for installing linux etc

Well it's just that we are assigned those computers and given admin rights (if that ever happens). The computer we are assigned is the computer we use throughout the year and we are responsible for everything that is on it so someone might get pissed if they catch you using their computer.

Well it's just that we are assigned those computers and given admin rights (if that ever happens). The computer we are assigned is the computer we use throughout the year and we are responsible for everything that is on it so someone might get pissed if they catch you using their computer.

Has anyone been assigned to the PC's on the right side of the room?

We're not being given D2007 this year because aparantly ye guys went a little crazy there last year - to quote a lecturer. So tis yer own fault we're being thrown in with ye :D

Has anyone been assigned to the PC's on the right side of the room?

We're not being given D2007 this year because aparantly ye guys went a little crazy there last year - to quote a lecturer. So tis yer own fault we're being thrown in with ye :D

As far as I know no one has been assigned a pc yet. Us software guys didn't got our own lab last year so I guess we missed out on the madness. :( Just to clarify the lab we are talking about is B1043.

As far as I know no one has been assigned a pc yet. Us software guys didn't got our own lab last year so I guess we missed out on the madness. :( Just to clarify the lab we are talking about is B1043.

Ah the lectuer was talkin about the state that the hardware guys left D2007 in - so this year we don't get to use it :(

Yeah i'm talking about B1043. I'll be meeting with lecturers on Tuesday so i'll let ya know what the story is

I'll be meeting with lecturers on Tuesday so i'll let ya know what the story is

Ask them if you can use the computers. If they say yes, raise the point that we might not like someone else using the computer assigned to us. This way you may get your own computer with admin rights on it.

Ask them if you can use the computers. If they say yes, raise the point that we might not like someone else using the computer assigned to us. This way you may get your own computer with admin rights on it.

I've no use for a PC with admin rights, nor do I want the responsibility. I'll bring in me laptop if I want to do anything than the ordinary

I've no use for a PC with admin rights, nor do I want the responsibility. I'll bring in me laptop if I want to do anything than the ordinary

Well if you don't need it then there's really no point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭sticky9cd

<snip>

and qesstion - last year i was able to join onto a wireless connection(from my accomadation) coming from the B block. If that was ye, would ye put it back up, twas fierce handy :D

MOD EDIT: Please don't post anything like that again. You have been warned.

Aw what did sticky say that we're not allowed to see? :(

Advertisement