Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards PW podcast?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

It may be as you said a term of affection on their board, but this isn't figure 4's board. Its boards.ie for those who may need reminding. I don't really give a flying f*ck what he calls me, but it seems to me that he is getting away with personal abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Minto wrote: »
    It may be as you said a term of affection on their board, but this isn't figure 4's board. Its boards.ie for those who may need reminding. I don't really give a flying f*ck what he calls me, but it seems to me that he is getting away with personal abuse.

Like I said, I don't believe that there was any intent from rovert. I can't ban people if I don't believe that there was any intent in what they said. I know it's not the Figure Four board, but it's what you were talking about. If he used it on any other topic I'd ban him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Really good podcast but dissapointing lack of fighting between MNG and VR. The TNA PPV is certainly worth watching if you skip the main event btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Fozzy wrote: »
    When you stop talking about it on the show I'll ask rovert to stop talking about it here :pac:

I didn't particularly mind talking about F4W after this weeks one because of that reason!
    The "fagot" thing is a sort of term of affection (if you can call it that) on the Figure Four board from what I've seen, so I don't see any intent in what rovert said, but still, I've asked him not to do it again

That is fair enough, however we don't all read that board, we don't all subscribe. So it's very easily taken out of context, as Minto said, this isn't F4W's board. If people wanna use their jokes, or "terms of affection", then they should f*ck off over there and use it. :)

We're boards. :)
    VR!

I know it's not the Figure Four board, but it's what you were talking about. If he used it on any other topic I'd ban him

If we're talking about it, that's one thing, although he has brought that board up in the past out of the blue as well.

I think the easiest way to get this sorted is to stop talking about that damn site from here on in on the podcast, or this thread. Right Minto? :)

VR!

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Really good podcast but dissapointing lack of fighting between MNG and VR. The TNA PPV is certainly worth watching if you skip the main event btw

Give him time to find his feet. And besides, it's not like we've fought in a very long time anyway.

Might give Victory Road a shot tonight, still have the disc here.
    VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Firstly, I'm not Bryan Alvarez, nor am I a fagot, so shut the hell up with the personal abuse!.

You do know that minus the second g, the word refers to a plie of sticks dont you? It wasnt meant to be offensive, it is a term of affection as others said.
    Secondly, I'm not gonna waste what precious little time I have at the moment looking through tones of sh*t on that forum just to post you a link. If I come across it again anytime soon, I'll post it, if not I suppose you can just rant about you being right.

Minto the Y2J/Punk match at Summerslam was on here first thats why I asked for a link.
    That is fair enough, however we don't all read that board, we don't all subscribe. So it's very easily taken out of context, as Minto said, this isn't F4W's board. If people wanna use their jokes, or "terms of affection", then they should f*ck off over there and use it. :)

NO BUYS!

Everyone cool the jets and have some sort of proportion about the situation.

Right Minto?

I guess so....

Fozzy, I trust your judgment, so I won't say anymore on the matter (as long as Rovert doesn't do it again).

rovert wrote: »
    Minto the Y2J/Punk match at Summerslam was on here first thats why I asked for a link.

Ok, can you prove that it originated here?

NO BUYS!

You really are oblivious as to how retarded you sound using jokes that about half a handful of people get, aren't you?

VR!

• Advertisement

You really are oblivious as to how retarded you sound using jokes that about half a handful of people get, aren't you?

VR!

Kind of the point in me posting that :rolleyes:

In the case of NO BUYS! or BUYS! it has popped up in other podcasts (Minto may have said before), forums and even magazines.
    Ok, can you prove that it originated here?

It started here very early Tuesday morning.

I guess so....

Fozzy, I trust your judgment, so I won't say anymore on the matter (as long as Rovert doesn't do it again).

It wasnt the offensive word though.

It started here very early Tuesday morning.

PROOF?
    It was posted here, prove it wasn't posted elsewhere beforehand.

VR!

PROOF?
    It was posted here, prove it wasn't posted elsewhere beforehand.

VR!

www.f4wonline.com

$9.99 a month

VR!

It wasnt rumoured as Minto said. Thats the reason why I asked for a link

It wasnt rumoured as Minto said. Thats the reason why I asked for a link

If i recall correctly, he didn't say it came from there originally.
    Btw, exactly how much is Alvarez paying you commission? Because you drop that site in every opportunity you get. :P

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Jesus Rovert you know how to take the shine off a good podcast don't you? Also he can call Minto a fagot (I don't care what it means on other forums that Idon't go on, but if he was to call me it I wouldn't be to happy) and I get an infraction for saying that most people think he is a dick (Which they do?). So if I want I can call someone a name and go "Well on another forum I am on it means I think he is a nice guy" and get away with it? Its redicolous to be perfectly honest.

Sorry for going off topic lads and like I said good show.

If i recall correctly, he didn't say it came from there originally.
    Btw, exactly how much is Alvarez paying you commission? Because you drop that site in every opportunity you get. :P

VR!

I've actually heard the rumor about Y2J and CP Munk (just for you VR, lol) on a few different forums.
    No, I'm pretty sure it was on The Board (F4Ws)!

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Jesus Rovert you know how to take the shine off a good podcast don't you?.

Ive tried to move on twice you know, if people like yourself actually read my posts relating to this "issue" this thread wouldnt have continued to gone in the direct it has.
    Also he can call Minto a fagot (I don't care what it means on other forums that Idon't go on, but if he was to call me it I wouldn't be to happy) and I get an infraction for saying that most people think he is a dick (Which they do?). So if I want I can call someone a name and go "Well on another forum I am on it means I think he is a nice guy" and get away with it? Its redicolous to be perfectly honest.

Erm, once again Ive already replied to this. Youve taken this out of context and found offence where their is none to be had.

Ive tried to move on twice you know, if people like yourself actually read my posts relating to this "issue" this thread wouldnt have continued to gone in the direct it has.

Has it ever come to mind that you might have pissed off so many people on this forum that they've stopped reading your posts? And Minto said it was on a few different forums, just because it wasn't on your precious board that you pay your ten bucks so eagerly for. You seem to forget that it's a discussion board, not a courtroom.
    Erm, once again Ive already replied to this. Youve taken this out of context and found offence where their is none to be had.

It wasn't even remotely funny though, like most of their dumb sayings.
    VR!

Has it ever come to mind that you might have pissed off so many people on this forum that they've stopped reading your posts? .

Then they are ignorant in their opinion which isnt a novelty here. If people arent reading my posts then it proves my point people are finding offence in what I said and ignoring context.
    And Minto said it was on a few different forums, just because it wasn't on your precious board that you pay your ten bucks so eagerly for. You seem to forget that it's a discussion board, not a courtroom..

It was VR, Ive said that already in this very topic. I asked Minto for a link as he said it was rumoured there.
    It wasn't even remotely funny though, like most of their dumb sayings.
    VR!

You are repeating yourself therefore I will too:
    Kind of the point in me posting that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

So you posted something that wasn't funny and had no point. Is that not spam then.

• Advertisement

So you posted something that wasn't funny and had no point. Is that not spam then.

2+2=5

Please actually read posts made here about this situation and stop jumping to conclusions or to criticise.

Then they are ignorant in their opinion which isnt a novelty here. If people arent reading my posts then it proves my point people are finding offence in what I said and ignoring context.

No, they're not ignorant, they've just had enough of you. :)
    It was VR, Ive said that already in this very topic. I asked Minto for a link as he said it was rumoured there.

Where did you *ask* him exactly? Because i didn't see it.
    You are repeating yourself therefore I will too:

Except in your case, old habits die hard.
    VR!

No, they're not ignorant, they've just had enough of you. :)!

I know this thread proves that there a number of etymologists here.:rolleyes: But they are ignorant by the very definition of the word.
    Where did you *ask* him exactly? Because i didn't see it.

You did see it because you replied to it:
    WHAT RUMOURED PUNK/Y2J MATCH AT SUMMERSLAM?

PROOF?
    Rumoured right here!

Not a chance in hell of it happening
    Except in your case, old habits die hard.

By sounds of it youve a head like a head like a sieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Great show guys.Keep up the good work.
    P.S Would you be able to put the show on itunes or would boards.ie allow it?

Great show guys.Keep up the good work.
    P.S Would you be able to put the show on itunes or would boards.ie allow it?

This is a really good idea.

The regular boards podcast is on iTunes so there's no problem in terms of permission but is there really enough demand to put it on iTunes? No offense intended

Its a nice idea, but at the same time, there is more to it technically if ya catch my drift. E.g. one thing we are looking into at the moment is doing a live show sometime in the future, but technology (or rather our lack of understanding of it) is holding us back.

However, I will discuss this with VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

This forum is rapidly going down the ****ter.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

I think you will reach out to new fans from different countries if you did that but I know it would take a bit of work.
    It would be easier to access the show because Megaupload takes a while on my computer and you have to go out of your way to download if you don't sign up for it.

I was throwing the idea out there and it really is your decision to make and us fans can only suggest ideas.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    This forum is rapidly going down the ****ter.:(

How so?

I think you will reach out to new fans from different countries if you did that but I know it would take a bit of work.
    It would be easier to access the show because Megaupload takes a while on my computer and you have to go out of your way to download if you don't sign up for it.

I was throwing the idea out there and it really is your decision to make and us fans can only suggest ideas.

Fans? Wow, that feels strange to hear. iTunes is a great idea, but the decision ultimately lies with VR, he handles the tech side of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

How so?

All this constant bitching and endless arguing over nothing. Its boring. Meh, its not like I've not done likewise in the past myself I suppose, its just this place is no craic anymore, everyone seems to be taking this internet lark a tad too seriously at the moment.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

All this constant bitching and endless arguing over nothing. Its boring. Meh, its not like I've not done likewise in the past myself I suppose, its just this place is no craic anymore, everyone seems to be taking this internet lark a tad too seriously at the moment.:confused:

Yeah I agree. Sometimes it feels like every thread follows the same pattern regardless of what it's about.

Just on the show, haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but will do when I get a chance. And as for doing it live, www.talkshoe.com is a pretty easy site to set something like that up.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The regular boards podcast is on iTunes so there's no problem in terms of permission but is there really enough demand to put it on iTunes? No offense intended

I'm not entirely sure if we'd have the demand for it either to be honest. Granted we have a set of close knit listeners since we started this last September.

I wouldn't rule it out entirely. The problem with that would be the copyrighted music at the beginning and the end would need to be chopped out (one of the reasons we threw it up on rapidshare/megaupload in the first place).

Now granted, that's only a small thing, but i actually think it adds a little something to it.

VR!

Well I've solved that 'problem' for myself. Found the ignore button this morning, lol! I've had a great day on the forum since :D

• Advertisement

Apparently, it's my new best friend :D
    VR!

Can see VR's sig taking off big style, and to think that on this podcast VR was singing Rovert's praises

Yeah, i only went and f*cking jinxed that, didn't I? And for that folks, i apologise.
    VR!

Good show. Needs more Minto.

Thank you for your kind words ;)
    VR!

• Advertisement

I was hoping the other two would have at it and I'd play the mediator role kinda. Basically I wanted to be lazy and do as little as possible cos I had a very late night the night before, very late!

That show went off better than it should of done, Minto was wrecked, i was completely unprepared (as the show had been postponed twice beforehand), and MNG was drafted in for it at pretty much one days notice.

I'd more caffeine than usual that day too, hence VR! the motormouth was in the hizzhouse.
    VR!

I fail to see what Ive done so wrong here and if people took what I said at face value or read my explaination for clarification this thread wouldnt be so long. Hence the bitching with people making redundant or illinformed posts while some actually forgot what they were saying the firstplace. There is no arguement that can be made that I have insulted anyone. Thats the end of the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Nice podcast lads MNG sounds very nice guy oddly enough!

The only thing I didn't agree with was the Rey Mysterio bashing I called a Royal Rumble win for him well before Eddie died, VR can back that up.

1 thing I disliked about the podcast was the excessive swearing.

Question: Would ye mind some competition? ;)

pingu_girl wrote: »

To quote The Rock: "Just Bring It!"

To quote The Rock: "Just Bring It!"

After your sub par performance last time Minto, you need to bring it!

After your sub par performance last time Minto, you need to bring it!

Care to walk the walk, instead of talking the talk and be a guest on our next show?

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Nice podcast lads MNG sounds very nice guy oddly enough!

The only thing I didn't agree with was the Rey Mysterio bashing I called a Royal Rumble win for him well before Eddie died, VR can back that up.

1 thing I disliked about the podcast was the excessive swearing.

If he'd won it on his own merit, i wouldn't have minded so much, but he was given that run as a sympathy vote due to Eddie's death, and the whole world knows that.

As for the excessive swearing... meh, this is Ireland, ye should be used to it.
    Competition? I'm open to suggestions.

VR!

Care to walk the walk, instead of talking the talk and be a guest on our next show?

And Vince has been called out folks! :D
    VR!

I don't have the personality that you do Minto.

To be honest, I'm less up to date on what's going on than ever. I'd have nothing to say about what's currently going on really.

If you ever incorporate MMA into it, I might but even then all I'd have to offer is bluster and enthusiasm. I'm definitely no expert.

• Advertisement
Advertisement