Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards PW podcast?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I don't have the personality that you do Minto.
    Neither does VR, but it doesn't hold him back :D
    To be honest, I'm less up to date on what's going on than ever. I'd have nothing to say about what's currently going on really.
    Now ya see why I've been 'quite' recently
    If you ever incorporate MMA into it, I might but even then all I'd have to offer is bluster and enthusiasm. I'm definitely no expert.
    Unfortunately either I see a show and VR doesn't or he sees it and I don't, so we never get to talk about it, it happens with TNA stuff too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Minto wrote: »

Unfortunately either I see a show and VR doesn't or he sees it and I don't, so we never get to talk about it, it happens with TNA stuff too.

Well start by watching the greatest heel entrance in MMA/pro-wrestling! Bas is GREAT here too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIumAIollgc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Neither does VR, but it doesn't hold him back :D

More personality in my little toe than you do in your entire body, Blaa-man!

That happens quite a lot, you don't have to see every show to have an opinion on what you've seen in the last week or so. It actually gives you a chance to give a good insight into it.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

More personality in my little toe than you do in your entire body, Blaa-man!

Now now I cant have you insulting Blaa's like that!:)

Competition hopefully will go through now that we have your blessing :p

Might not be for a while though as one of the host's has been reduceded to the poverty of dial up for the time being.

Well start by watching the greatest heel entrance in MMA/pro-wrestling! Bas is GREAT here too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIumAIollgc

Maybe its my lack of understanding for Japanese wrestling and MMA, but that doesn't seem like a great heel entrance at all! I'm probably missing something though!

pingu_girl wrote: »

Might not be for a while though as one of the host's has been reduceded to the poverty of dial up for the time being.

Try it with 2 hosts first then!

Maybe its my lack of understanding for Japanese wrestling and MMA, but that doesn't seem like a great heel entrance at all! I'm probably missing something though!

Granted it wasn't his most dramatic one ever (one time he had about 60 kids do the bow thing) and normally he holds hands with his cornermen going down to the ring (which is just tremendous).

Even so, he's got dynamite heel heat over there. You've got to put it in context. I've watched alot of MMA from Japan and I've never seen the crowd boo ANYONE. They are usually so respectful.

So to get them to react the way Akyiyama did takes alot of work. Basically he turned heel after he apparently grease/oiled himself up in a fight against Sakuraba (major Japaneese MMA legend). And it's all spiraled from there.

Try this Sakuraba entrance out and if you don't like it, the theatrics of Japaneese MMA isn't for you:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/sakuraba%2Bentrance/video/x59up1_kazushi-sakuraba-entrance_sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

pingu_girl going all Ted Turner on us! She's gonna try and poach Minto from you VR! :pac:

pingu_girl going all Ted Turner on us! She's gonna try and poach Minto from you VR! :pac:

Minto isn't the "Hulk Hogan" draw of this board!

• Advertisement

No she's not.

Ha ha, nah. She has two other co-hosts so I'd just make it a complete cluster f*ck! Its funny you're calling her Ted Turner, cos when she told me about her idea for the show I told her they're gonna be WCW to our WWF, with history repeating itself!

Minto isn't the "Hulk Hogan" draw of this board!

I know, I know! I'm more the Triple H draw, great at what I do, but hated cos I sleep with/am married to the bosses daughter!

I know, I know! I'm more the Triple H draw, great at what I do, but hated cos I sleep with/am married to the bosses daughter!

You're VR's son-in-law?! :eek::p

You're VR's son-in-law?! :eek::p

Yea, why not? ;)

Yea, why not? ;)

You completely no sold my Sakuraba entrance link. That took time to get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That was my favourite one ever of his and I hadn't even seen the bit in the car, presumably because I saw the American version

Fozzy wrote: »
    That was my favourite one ever of his and I hadn't even seen the bit in the car, presumably because I saw the American version

Minto, Fozzy is who you need to aspire to be.

I've been trying to get my mind round the purpose of the 3 guys? Decoy maybe? I dunnp, I was never a fan of Japanese wrestling and I guess I can add Japanese MMA to that list too!

I've been trying to get my mind round the purpose of the 3 guys?

Entertainment.

Basically every entrance Sakuraba does, has a theme to it, usually a wrestling one. Anyway, we have established it's just not your thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Sounds like a legend to me.

• Advertisement

Whoever he may be.. ;)

Now now I cant have you insulting Blaa's like that!:)

I think I know exactly who you're refering to, in which case, competition is too strong a term as neither of them have been without an altered state of mind for at least a year, and as Minto said, it's more likely to be a complete cluster****.

Anyway, i don't particularly see that as competition. We do this for fun, nothing else.

VR!

Whoever he may be.. ;)

Yeah, cos your introduction of "TGO" last year was such a "roaring success"
    Anyone else remember that? lol.

VR!

Hah! She couldn't afford me! She was once known as Miss Money In The Credit Union. Sadly, those days are long gone.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

If things start getting heated all they have to do is bring me in

Reganio = Ratings

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    If things start getting heated all they have to do is bring me in

Reganio = Ratings

I believe that should read Reganio = Egotistical! LOL, only messing with you man, you were a welcome addition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

:D Thanks, was great doing it. Why does that sound like its finished :D. Anyway its good to see that you are getting big enough and getting more guests on like MNG is nice to have you and VR hosting it and then people coming in with their opinions.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    :D Thanks, was great doing it. Why does that sound like its finished :D. Anyway its good to see that you are getting big enough and getting more guests on like MNG is nice to have you and VR hosting it and then people coming in with their opinions.

Almost how i'd pictured it originally. I didn't actually think Minto wanted to be in on it full time, he just stepped up when i said i'd be the gopher for the first one. The original plan was to have someone different on it, but between both of us really getting into it, and everyone else had a lack of time/interest, it just stuck with the two of us.

Anyway, we've something somewhat special in planning stages for next week, we just hope we'll be able to pull it off.

VR!

Yeah, cos your introduction of "TGO" last year was such a "roaring success"
    Anyone else remember that? lol.

VR!

What was that, like 2, 3 posts there one night last year?

And you still remember that?

Either a good job was done, or there's so little going on in your life that you remember the silliest of things.

Gerard.C wrote: »

Either a good job was done, or there's so little going on in your life that you remember the silliest of things.

Actually I think most of the regulars on the board remember that because it received tons of criticism and was even getting mentioned as being worse than kentonbomb's posts!

• Advertisement

Now Gerard, you know me way back from IWW forum days, you know i've a memory like an elephant.

Sadly, like myself, Nelly is getting on in age, and it's longer term is starting to slip :(

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Actually I think most of the regulars on the board remember that because it received tons of criticism and was even getting mentioned as being worse than kentonbomb's posts!

Any mention of his name calls for a ressurection of one of his best threads

Hah, i actually remember it because it happened about a week before i took a few months hiatus after the crushing fail that was the "return of Edge, and it's not Jericho".

Oh how i was owned that night. :)
    VR!

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Any mention of his name calls for a ressurection of one of his best threads

Oh i know you so miss him!
    VR!

I do, I think everybody does.

Good old search ftw!
    Okay this is a thread for people who need sign ideas when they're going to Wrestling shows, everyone post you're sign ideas because i need some when i'm going to Raw in June, i was going to take these signs with me to the show

1. BLACK LESNAR (with a pictire of lashley) i don't know about this one as it be taking off me by security due to racial circumstances

Legend.

Good old search ftw!

Legend.

Lol, i remember hearing that one from Dre as in Dray years ago. It was funny then, and it's still funny now.

VR!

Didn't someone set up a fake account and everything before it for the craic?

People who take the internet that serious, like getting worked up over a topic you don't even have to read, are a bit sad though. We did it for the laugh like.

I actually laughed at your use of the word "criticism" there. It was a topic on a fourm like. Nobody died, it's okay.

People who take the internet that serious, like getting worked up over a topic you don't even have to read, are a bit sad though. We did it for the laugh like.

And nothing is more serious than that big red sig at the end of all of your posts, right? Pot & Kettle syndrome there methinks. ;)

VR!

• Advertisement

Oh how i was owned that night. :)

Oh yes, I remember marking out for Jericho's return, not cos it was Jericho returning, but because you were wrong, lol! Sweet victory!

I actually laughed at your use of the word "criticism" there. It was a topic on a fourm like. Nobody died, it's okay.

I didn't have a major problem with it at the time as I recall. Let's be honest though the debut went about as well as The Shockmaster's. ;)

Good old search ftw!

Legend.

The mod application was defo the best of him, lol! Thanks for the links. The post you linked to should be put into a special thread and have it stickied at the top of the forum!! Lol!

Oh yes, I remember marking out for Jericho's return, not cos it was Jericho returning, but because you were wrong, lol! Sweet victory!

SAVE_US VR! :D
    VR!

And nothing is more serious than that big red sig at the end of all of your posts, right? Pot & Kettle syndrome there methinks. ;)

VR!

Yes, because It really does bother me if people watch TNA or not. Not just there to get a rise out of some people for the laugh, no sir.
    I didn't have a major problem with it at the time as I recall. Let's be honest though the debut went about as well as The Shockmaster's. ;)

Yeah, but they actually wanted Shockmaster to get over. We just got bored in college one night.

Yes, because It really does bother me if people watch TNA or not. Not just there to get a rise out of some people for the laugh, no sir.

And thank you for proving my point, sir.
    Yeah, but they actually wanted Shockmaster to get over. We just got bored in college one night.

And you think there's little going on in my life? Dude, i'm getting married next year for crying out loud! ;)

VR!

• Advertisement

If you ever have a Podcast where you discuss the brilliance of KentonBomb I will gladly partake

Bubs101 wrote: »
    If you ever have a Podcast where you discuss the brilliance of KentonBomb I will gladly partake

Sounds like one Minto would partake in, sadly kentonbomb was before my time.
    VR!

I think I know exactly who you're refering to, in which case, competition is too strong a term as neither of them have been without an altered state of mind for at least a year, and as Minto said, it's more likely to be a complete cluster****.

Anyway, i don't particularly see that as competition. We do this for fun, nothing else.

VR!

Hah! She couldn't afford me! She was once known as Miss Money In The Credit Union. Sadly, those days are long gone.

VR!

I Don't want or need to buy anybody lol (as if I could)

As for the other 2 hosts I have up most faith in them as they are both experts in the IMPORTANT issues in wrestling and will in a professional manner entertainingly discuss such as topics as....

- How it would be impossible to ride The Undertaker

- The increasing trend of Diva's laughing at one another while doing submission moves.

- The opening match of a house show in the 1920's (for VR like)

- The opening match of a house show in the 1920's (for VR like)

How about:
    - The opening page of a Dr Seuss book in the 1990's (for pingu_girl like)
    VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Back on topic

• Advertisement
Advertisement