Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards PW podcast?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Enough in jokes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Bubs101 wrote: »
    If you ever have a Podcast where you discuss the brilliance of KentonBomb I will gladly partake

You sir have a deal! That kid was hilarious. I wish trolls these days had the brilliance of him!

pingu_girl wrote: »
    - The opening match of a house show in the 1920's (for VR like)

Sorry, but its my job to take the piss out of VRs love of everything old school, lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

rovert wrote: »
    Back on topic
    Enough in jokes too.

:D I love you Rovert. Double posting for shame. Ban tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Minto wrote: »
    Sorry, but its my job to take the piss out of VRs love of everything old school, lol!

Yeah, when WWE had matches you could watch without wanting to vomit.
    Although WWE did a decent job with Vintage Collection this week, showing a good 1/3 of Summerslam 88.

Not bad for a freebie.
    VR!

Reganio 2 wrote: »

I wouldn't mind, but he's whinging about "in jokes"? We don't have any, everything mentioned yesterday can be discovered by the search option! :)

It's just a shame the ignore button doesn't kill off quotes as well.
    VR!

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind, but he's whinging about "in jokes"? We don't have any, everything mentioned yesterday can be discovered by the search option! :)

It's just a shame the ignore button doesn't kill off quotes as well.
    VR!

Glad to see a JOKE wasnt lost on you lads here :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

And thank you for proving my point, sir.

And you think there's little going on in my life? Dude, i'm getting married next year for crying out loud! ;)

VR!

Dude, like, chill, I was totally being sarcastic there man!

Glad to see a JOKE wasnt lost on you lads here :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I get all your jokes Rovert, don't worry. I think you're brilliant.

Gerard.C wrote: »

I dont think he knows what that means.

Looks like you do :pac:

• Advertisement

Dude... i've known you long enough, i can get the sarcasm, although Tipperary sarcasm can be confusing y'know. ;)

Dodgy wrestling sites with poor journalism really does **** with ones head, i guess. ;)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BarneyisRight

yeah it would be a pretty cool idea,take a look at nodq.com at their features/podcasts etc and you could get a feel for what material to use.

yeah it would be a pretty cool idea,take a look at nodq.com at their features/podcasts etc and you could get a feel for what material to use.
    Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer! - the page you are about to visit may be a web forgery!
    You can learn more about malware and how to protect yourself at StopBadware.org. This page is very likely to have been designed to trick users into sharing personal or financial information. Entering any personal information on this page may result in identity theft or other fraud.

You can read more about phishing here antiphishing.org.

Or you can continue to http://nodq.com/ at your own risk.

You can also turn off safe browsing warnings by going to Google Desktop preferences.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BarneyisRight

all you need is a pop up blocker,it wont actually damager your computer.Just gives you a shed load of spam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

all you need is a pop up blocker,it wont actually damager your computer.Just gives you a shed load of spam

You'd be surprised. Wrestling sites are known in the anti-spyware industry as having the most up-to-date spyware, and lots of it. No anti-spyware software can keep completely up to speed with some of these wrestling sites and it's inevitable that your computer will be harmed in some way if you visit them

Dude... i've known you long enough, i can get the sarcasm, although Tipperary sarcasm can be confusing y'know. ;)

Dodgy wrestling sites with poor journalism really does **** with ones head, i guess. ;)

VR!

I think ones head would be more ****ed with if they were to be annoyed by posts someone they don't even know over the internet that they don't even have to read or acknowledge to be honest. Which is why I love rovert. He's just having a laugh like and half the board is up in arms against him. Good an ya rovert lad, you have my support!

And there's no such thing as Tipperary sarcasm really, it's the same as every place else excpet with the addition of the word "boy" at the end of the sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

VR!

Derek Burgan automaticaly means a virus.Or Chris Ryan

Derek Burgan automaticaly means a virus.Or Chris Ryan

Derek Burgan? The guy who's one of the few to have their stuff on the big three wrestling news websites? His DVD reviews are usually good: http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/5972/105/ Am I missing something?

Fozzy wrote: »
    Derek Burgan? The guy who's one of the few to have their stuff on the big three wrestling news websites? His DVD reviews are usually good: http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/5972/105/ Am I missing something?

THe no in jokes rule prohibits me from commenting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

You just made VR! cry.

You just made VR! cry.

Yep, a sad panda, i really must be ;)
    VR!

You lads doing a show for Summerslam?

You lads doing a show for Summerslam?

Well i'm currently in Sorrento, Italy at present at close to 3.30am in 32 degree heat! Due back on the Friday morning. So unless Minto can get a free hour over the weekend (which is easier said than done), the chances are we probably won't be.

But never say never.
    VR!

For almost a year, the Boards PW podcast has been THE wrestling podcast on the net. This Thursday we return with a vengeance to celebrate our one year anniversary.

To celebrate this me and VR are going one on one for the first time! At the end of the show, we're gonna have a match on SmackDown Vs. RAW 2008 live on the show. VR is gonna DVD rip it and we'll upload it onto YouTube. This is the first time we will have faced each other on SDvR.
    We'll also be talking about recent pro-wrestling as well as some sound bytes from our first show. This is a show not to be missed!

A year already? Sweet jesus, to think there were people didn't think we'd make it past the first show and all! :)
    Well we did it, and for that, we thank you. :)

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Ah sounds like a legendary show, can't wait.

Ok, got a quick update!

To make things interesting, me and VR have a bet that the loser is banned for one week! Fozzy has agreed to this, so we're all systems go!

Ok, got a quick update!

To make things interesting, me and VR have a bet that the loser is banned for one week! Fozzy has agreed to this, so we're all systems go!

Bring your A game El Bandito Minto, you need this more than i do, i don't need to win, if i lose, i'm gone for a week. I've been gone for months, even years before. You on the other hand, require a win as a loss will mean a big dent in the fantasy league!

Good luck kid, you're going to need it. :D
    VR!

Bring your A game El Bandito Minto, you need this more than i do, i don't need to win, if i lose, i'm gone for a week. I've been gone for months, even years before. You on the other hand, require a win as a loss will mean a big dent in the fantasy league!

Good luck kid, you're going to need it. :D
    VR!

LUCK? You think I need luck? When your as good as I am, luck means nothing! Its all about DESTINY! Destiny and opportunity!

LUCK? You think I need luck? When your as good as I am, luck means nothing! Its all about DESTINY! Destiny and opportunity!

And with posts like that, the only opportunity i'll be looking forward to is the opportunity of seven peaceful days. Because after September 18th, the only four words you will remember... is

LOCKY LOCKY BOOM BOOM! :D
    Yup, your destiny is a week's vacation to Bannsville, Waterford.
    One short ride
    One bad landing.

Thank you for flying with VR!Airlines. We hope you enjoy your flight.
    VR!

• Advertisement

If I were you VR, I'd spend more time on the xbox and less running your mouth on boards. Come Thursday night I'll be letting my actions do the talking. Nothing but pure class and Pedigree on my part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

In that case any chance you want to rope Rovert in and make it a 3 way dance :D

or a handicap match? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

To celebrate this me and VR are going one on one for the first time! At the end of the show, we're gonna have a match on SmackDown Vs. RAW 2008 live on the show.

Nahh you should both do karaoke to a WWE theme. Stick a poll up and whoever loses well, the ban stipulation comes into play.

Minto should do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvFiNHrRxFw or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exuTuZ9TE7U
    VR should do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOGg3gItJ10

Nahh you should both do karaoke to a WWE theme. Stick a poll up and whoever loses well, the ban stipulation comes into play.

Minto should do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvFiNHrRxFw or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exuTuZ9TE7U
    VR should do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOGg3gItJ10

I would love to do Jive Soul Bro!! I once knew all the lyrics to it as well due to owning the Piledriver music video.

Someone should hack a version of singstar and replace it with WWE tunes, now that would be hilarious!

VR!

You have no idea how i completely misread that sentence at first, and it wasn't a pleasant thought either.

*shudder*... good morning VR!, i guess.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Fair play to ye lads for keeping it going this long.

I do have to agree with Vince(numbers) it should be something a bit juicier than a game on SmackDown Vs. RAW. You don't need sing star ye could just sing along to the YouTube videos.

Or maybe have free style rap battle, how many raps have "Crippletaker" in a strong Dublin accent in them?...Not enough

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Fair play to ye lads for keeping it going this long.

Cheers, it's been almost a year since you did one too, we gotta get ya back on it at some stage. ;)
    Or maybe have free style rap battle, how many raps have "Crippletaker" in a strong Dublin accent in them?...Not enough

Much as that sounds funny, i'd fear a permanent banning as a result.
    VR!

The show is done, the match is in the history books and the better man won!
    VR is gonna upload the show and link to the video in a while. He has a bit of editing to do!

Cool

Did you guys break the Jeff Hardy news? :D

• Advertisement

Podcast is uploading as we speak, match to follow.
    Now, one of us has to deliver Fozzy the news, the question is, which one of us is gone for a week? :D

Is it the lord of the Atlas, myself? Or the lord of the Fantasy league?
    Only one way to find out folks, tune in shortly ;)

VR!

Here it is!
    Our 1 year anniversary show, our tenth official podcast. That's about 9 more than we thought we'd get away with.

Thanks for those who are still listening
    http://rapidshare.com/files/146424866/BPW_Podcast_X_-_Happy_Anniversary.mp3.html

Enjoy
    VR!

Now that you've listened to the podcast, here is the match! - Loser is banned from PW for a week!
    For those who don't get it yet, Michaels be controlled by Minto, Orton be controlled by me.

Fozzy, get yer banhammer ready!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good show, lads. I find myself sharing VR's thoughts on WWE programming. It stinks.
    Oh and so long Minto! :D

Spoiler tags required for our podcast thread. Who'da thunk it?
    VR!

Ban Both of them for terrible game play !!

It was just for fun dude, jesus, you take everything seriously! ;)
    Go watch a Bret DVD or something... might lighten ya up a bit.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Good show lads, fair play on keeping it going! :)

Oh and of course...
    See ya in a week Minto
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Fair play guys!

Oh, but:
    What are we gonna do about the fantasy roster?
    oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

BAH GAWD IT WAS A SLOBBERKNOCKER!!!!!:D

• Advertisement

Fair play guys!

Oh, but:
    What are we gonna do about the fantasy roster?
    oh well.

It's all taken care of

Advertisement