Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards PW podcast?

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Damn you Fozzy!
    for thwarting my attempts to kill the fantasy league once and for all! :(

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I would like to register my disapproval at the litigious content contained in that Podcast. See spoiler below.
    Flahavagina is NOT my name!!!!!!!!!!!!:pac::D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Minto should have chosen Triple H. No way would he get pinned. :pac:

Actually how good would it be to have a boards fed on SVR or somthing like that ? It would be depending on how many people can play of course.

Might be worth it if they actually do something decent with the SVR series.
    However i can't see that happening.

VR!

• Advertisement

Might be worth it if they actually do something decent with the SVR series.
    However i can't see that happening.

VR!

Thats the Spirit !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Why did Minto say it was Saturday the 31st of May 2008? :confused:

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Why did Minto say it was Saturday the 31st of May 2008? :confused:

Because it was at the time that clip was taken. The intro had four clips from previous added to it, the first one was me introducing the very first show, the second was from Minto introducing the recap show we did earlier in the year, and if i recall correctly, the third and last clips were taken from Podcasts 7 and 8.

On another note, i didn't think quotes were allowed in sigs. If they were i'd have a field day! :(

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Because it was at the time that clip was taken. The intro had four clips from previous added to it, the first one was me introducing the very first show, the second was from Minto introducing the recap show we did earlier in the year, and if i recall correctly, the third and last clips were taken from Podcasts 7 and 8.

On another note, i didn't think quotes were allowed in sigs. If they were i'd have a field day! :(

VR!

Oh Jesus, do I have to delete my Sig? If I do just let me know and I will corporate wholeheartedly.

P.S Don't be sad VR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Oh Jesus, do I have to delete my Sig?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60479
    Do not use the [noparse]
    [/noparse] tags.

• Advertisement

Podcast begins broadcasting in just a short sort. Expect the following:
    Pre Cyber Sunday discussion, latest releases from TNA and WWE, Jericho & Michaels: The Saviours of WWE. Krap and Krapper - The documented history of WWE's greatest jobbber, Kane, No Mercy opinion and analysis, plus the usual zany sh*t from Minto & ShawnRaven, and the usual off topic banter.

Tune in later tonight!

Here we are, folks:
    Podcast XI: Who the hell is VR anyway?

http://rapidshare.com/files/154679437/BPW_Podcast_XI_-_Who_the_hell_is_VR_anyway.mp3.html

Please note, there is a slight lag sometimes between Minto and myself. Sadly This was just down to a piss poor internet connection at the time of recording and there wasn't a lot that could be done about it. :(

Enjoy, all feedback welcomed.

Just finished listening (first time listening to it). Not too shabby.

T'is I who own said Kane outfit (more a custom tracksuit, but whatever) :)

Not too mad about the Podcast as a whole. You guys aren't really presenting your opinion as opinions, but as facts. I know its obviously all opinion based, but it just bugs me a little. Other than that it was pretty good. congrats.

Just finished listening (first time listening to it). Not too shabby.

Welcome aboard.

T'is I who own said Kane outfit (more a custom tracksuit, but whatever) :)

I wouldn't be so quick to admit that, mate ;)

Not too mad about the Podcast as a whole. You guys aren't really presenting your opinion as opinions, but as facts. I know its obviously all opinion based, but it just bugs me a little. Other than that it was pretty good. congrats.

A lot of it is actually based on fact, usually based on stuff Meltzer has comment on. We just put our own spin on it. But then, i'm not too sure you appreciated our Kane bashing on it.

Better to check back for the next one. Was just bad timing, we usually roast someone in every one though :D

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Welcome aboard.

:)

I wouldn't be so quick to admit that, mate ;)
    Ah, but i am not ashamed or embarrassed to do as i feel. I'm me, not everyone esle, And i was very proud of that clothing. I actually kinda wish i had to have gotten an actual singlet and tights, so i could display it. I think Kane's 2002 ring attire is the best ring attire i've ever seen, and i had far too much spending money in my pocket at the time. I bought some really unnecessary stuff during that time (it was about a year ago i'd say) but i enjoyed it, so i don't really care that much what other people think.

A lot of it is actually based on fact, usually based on stuff Meltzer has comment on. We just put our own spin on it. But then, i'm not too sure you appreciated our Kane bashing on it.
    I don't mind Kane bashing. I just hate when people can't realise that just because they dislike something means that everyone has to agree with them. I can't stand Orton. But i understand that others like him and thats fine with me.

I can listen to someone criticising Kane for an hour with no problem, but the instant they try to tell me what i should and should not like, thats when i get annoyed.

Better to check back for the next one. Was just bad timing, we usually roast someone in every one though :D
    Mmm... Roast :)

I'll check the next one out when i see it :)

Again, overall, its a good job and entertaining. I liked it.

Ah, but i am not ashamed or embarrassed to do as i feel. I'm me, not everyone esle, And i was very proud of that clothing. I actually kinda wish i had to have gotten an actual singlet and tights, so i could display it. I think Kane's 2002 ring attire is the best ring attire i've ever seen, and i had far too much spending money in my pocket at the time. I bought some really unnecessary stuff during that time (it was about a year ago i'd say) but i enjoyed it, so i don't really care that much what other people think.

His 2002 ring attire was better than his 2002 storylines thats for sure, between Kane nicking his mask (rovert mode on "how come Kane had a mask when XPac stole it, i'm assuming he didn't hand it back to him!"), to Katie Vick.

I'm kidding though, each to their own.
    I don't mind Kane bashing. I just hate when people can't realise that just because they dislike something means that everyone has to agree with them. I can't stand Orton. But i understand that others like him and thats fine with me.

I can listen to someone criticising Kane for an hour with no problem, but the instant they try to tell me what i should and should not like, thats when i get annoyed.

We're not though! We usually belt out our opinions, there are times when we agree with each other, and there were times that we don't. Because your opinions are opposed on this particular matter, you've actually sparked a decent idea off for the next podcast (pending), so well done. :)

Again, overall, its a good job and entertaining. I liked it.

And thanks for the feedback.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE markets to children?

WWEKidsTVcopy.jpg

rovert wrote: »
    WWE markets to children?

WWEKidsTVcopy.jpg

The big red retard never looked better! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

The language!!!
    If I could of counted the number of F words in that!...but alas I wasnt arsed seeing it through to the end

HBK wrote: »
    The language!!!
    If I could of counted the number of F words in that!...but alas I wasnt arsed seeing it through to the end

Roxxi Laveauxesque

• Advertisement

HBK wrote: »
    The language!!!

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who get put off by colourful language today. Personally i think it's hilarious.

I know i'm no saint, but at the same time, i'm no Dana White either :D
    We did go about 15 minutes into overtime on this one, probably because of overdoing it on the Benoit thing (again). I was in two minds about snipping it to last only 60 minutes, but because this was postponed two weeks ago, we just left it unedited and uploaded it.

(rovert mode on "how come Kane had a mask when XPac stole it, i'm assuming he didn't hand it back to him!")

True, but it was a different mask. And the mask X-Pac stole was Kane's 4th mask design, so I'm sure the audience realised he must have quite the collection :P

We're not though! We usually belt out our opinions, there are times when we agree with each other, and there were times that we don't. Because your opinions are opposed on this particular matter, you've actually sparked a decent idea off for the next podcast (pending), so well done. :)

Hooray for me! :pac:

As i say, its quite an interesting podcast. Its nothing I'd take too seriously, but its entertaining, and im sure thats the point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Listened to this last night while watching the snooker, it was decent enough, but you could do with a bit more planning, it did seem a little unfocused at some times, I know its only meant as a bit of a fun and not a last gasp attempt to take over the world but still.

Cheers for the feedback.
    On the earlier ones, we did try using a runsheet. It didn't work at all.

The problem we're finding with this at the minute is that there is bugger all on either promotion that either of us is finding interesting at the minute. And we don't particularly want to spend an hour or show producing negative vibes. Because nobody wants to listen to that either.

I had a listen through it before i uploaded it, and while it felt good while recording it, I wasn't particularly happy with the playback. It wasn't anything to do with either of us, i don't think. I just don't think either of us had a lot to work with.

TNA has gone somewhat downhill in recent months, and all there is worth watching in WWE lately is HBK/Jericho, and even that wore thin. And neither of us know enough MMA to keep it going for an hour.

Experiment time at the BPW Podcast braintrust!

Basically we've been going for a year right, and we've had people comment on some of the stuff we've discussed. We're gonna be recording another podcast this coming Tuesday and would like to know if anyone else wants in on this.

Basically a call in!

It's fairly easy to pull off, all you need is download a free copy of skype, a broadband connection and a headset or a microphone.

If you'd like in on this, PM either myself or Minto with your skype username and what you want to talk about in Wrestling or MMA. We'll then give you a shout back to arrange a time to be on skype for the callback (to be added into the conference call).

Don't worry about "sounding like a geek/nerd/gimp", it's the BPW podcast, not Matt Cooper (see what i did there?). It's done for fun, and f*ck all else.

Anyway, will be nice to get a few takers in for this one, so hope to be taking some names in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Rovert..Please do this with VR...Twud be something worth listening to

Last time someone said that was about MNG, and we ended up agreeing through most of the show! And myself and rovert are agreeing a hell of a lot these days...

That said, everyone's welcome.

and rovert are agreeing a hell of a lot these days...

yeah but then one of you will turn heel and all hell will break loose .

Well as you can guess. This didn't go ahead for whatever reason.
    We were also gonna announce that the podcast will be on ice for the time being. Basically as neither of us are enjoying watching Pro Wrestling anymore, so until the times when we both feel that it's watchable again, we'll go back to doing it. This could be in a couple of months, or it could be a couple of years. It really depends on when Mssrs McMahon and Jarrett take their heads out of their asses.

On behalf of Minto, I would like to thank anyone who has ever listened, or contributed to this over the past 13 months. It's been fun, but i've always said that when something you enjoy becomes a pain in the ass, then it's time to kick it in the head.

Fozzy or Bombidol, can you unsticky this? We can always start up another one if and when it gets started up again. Until then, it's the end of an era.

• Advertisement

:(

But Im with you on the state of Wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

One less wrestling related podcast.Only 2034 to go :pac:

One less wrestling related podcast.Only 2034 to go :pac:

And if you hang yourself with the power cord of your pc or laptop, we'll have one less annoying internet user to plague us too. :D

I would have to kill my son and wife with my short arms first.BTW the first post wasn't a dissin, its just annoying the amount of ****ty wrestling podcasts are out there in cyberspace, like yours, only messin VR

I would have to kill my son and wife with my short arms first.BTW the first post wasn't a dissin, its just annoying the amount of ****ty wrestling podcasts are out there in cyberspace, like yours, only messin VR

No offence taken, nor was there any meant in my response. It was just one i'd been expecting since i posted it up, and you just happened to be the one who posted it.

The bit that pisses me off about it is the fact that there's nothing for us to talk about! If it was a case that either of us didn't want to do it anymore, or we had a falling out and were no longer on speaking terms, i'd be able to handle that. But neither of us have any reason to tune into Pro Wrestling anymore.

It's kinda sad, because we've had our good podcasts, and we've had our bad ones. We never claimed to be "AWESOME" as we only did it for a laugh to begin with. But watching wrestling lately has become such a f*cking chore in recent weeks that we absolutely struggled to string that last podcast together.

It's like putting down a sick dog really.

This so called boom period is never coming again.Nobody is going to want to take financial risks for the next few years with this recession.

You guys definitely had nothing really good to discuss in the last year wrestling-wise and you should be proud that you were around for 13 months.

KUDOS SHAWNRAVEN AND MINTO

• Advertisement
Advertisement