Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards PW podcast?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

all the best with it guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Allow me to thank everyone in support of this idea. We're hoping to get the pilot airing recorded on Monday night and running time in the region of somewhere between 30-45 minutes. I'm planning some sort of a run sheet tomorrow in preparation.

Myself and Minto will be the guinea pigs for this one (so please go easy on us! ;) ), We were planning on taping it tomorrow night originally, but i'd forgotten UFC 76 is gonna be on Bravo, and nothing wrestling related is gonna make me miss my MMA fix, sorry but i admitted joining the dark side a long time ago. But it looks like all systems could be go for Monday :)

Again, thanks to all for their show of support. 19-2 is a pretty powerful vote :)
    VR!

marknigma wrote:
    right lads I deceided I am gonna do a sample show see what ya all think so anyone who wants to be involved pm me

Erm, sorry mate, but you've been beaten to that one. :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I will help out in any way I can, I might even be able to help you guys out with some wrestlers to interview (If ye are doing interviews that is)

Probably not gonna do interviews with wrestlers for the forseeable future. Nearly every wannabe talk show is doing that and they come and they go.

What we're basically looking for is opinions to topics, in a nutshell, keeping it simple for the time being. Find a formula that works and then run from there.

Update: Plan for the initial recording will be later tonight, provided Minto gets back to me. :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Just to let everyone know, we just finished recording the first session. VR's gonna slice it together and hopefully it'll be up in a day or so.

I just wanna thank all of ye for the support you showed the idea. I know I personally wouldn't have done it without all your support.

Minto wrote:
    Just to let everyone know, we just finished recording the first session. VR's gonna slice it together and hopefully it'll be up in a day or so.

I just wanna thank all of ye for the support you showed the idea. I know I personally wouldn't have done it without all your support.

Echoing Minto's sentiments.
    Bear with us, I don't know about Minto, but i was nervous as hell, and it shows it in my voice at times, but i'm hoping that will die off with experience.

I've just saved it off and will work about getting it uploaded as soon as i can :)
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Cant wait to hear it guys! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah well done on a first for the forum. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Get in there...should be great to hear. I have become use to American guys on youtube doing this sort of thing, so it will be weird listening to an Irish person talking about smark related wrestling issues.

Two Irish guys, one with a thick Dublin accent, and one with a thick Wahurfud accent :)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Actually when this get's going big style ( as in round table discussion ) what accents will we have. Gotta feeling my "much loved" dart accent will be the envy of you all

Post edited - the host was utter horsesh*t.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Never thought I'd be going to bed with VR, whispering sweet wrestling nothings in my ear.

Never thought I'd be going to bed with VR, whispering sweet wrestling nothings in my ear.

That's so getting f*cking quoted!!!
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I'm pumped. I'm automatically going to give it a solid rating, for just basically having the balls to do it, but I will give my honest assesment.

That's so getting f*cking quoted!!!
    VR!

Yeah its the kinda thing you type and think 30 seconds later I should really delete that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Quote tags aren't allowed in sigs on Boards, that immortal line will have to be remembered in some other way VR!

Lookin forward to hearin this

Getting scared now. I haven't heard it played back yet, so apologies in advance for my shaky start (and middle and end, lol). Hope ye all enjoy it!

Guys, i don't know what to say here, I was recommended this site by a friend to host this but it's not happening. It's the biggest pile of dross ever

Guess we're gonna have to wait til tomorrow. My apologies for the inconvenience :(

VR!

• Advertisement

Brief update on this. monkeyfudge got back to me on this so i'll be emailing it to him later tonight so hopefully it will be accessable in the next day or two. :)

Finally!...
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DerekSmalls

Can't wait to hear it! How long is it?

We had planned for only 30 minutes for the test/pilot but we ran into overtime at 42 minutes. We were worried about running out of stuff to talk about if the stuff on the run sheet ran out, thankfully we didn't have that problem. :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Fair play to you lads...

I should be able to put it up as soon as you get it to me this evening.

Just sent it via email. After that, it's tick tock... tick tock.
    VR!

I'm just sending it on to fozzy to listen to first before I put it up on the podcast. Just to cover boards.ie

He'll know better than me if it's good to go up.

As soon as I get the all clear, it will go live.

I'm just sending it on to fozzy to listen to first before I put it up on the podcast. Just to cover boards.ie

He'll know better than me if it's good to go up.

As soon as I get the all clear, it will go live.

That's fair enough, although let's hope he doesn't forget! ;)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Presume it's a reference to the infamous Kentonbomb incident

But of course, what would the PW forum be without the inuendos and kentonbomb jokes? ;)

VR!

Don't say kentonbomb's name!

The kids in school say that if ya say his name three times in a thread, he'll appear and contribute to the thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Kentonbomb is NOT a racist!!!

I think theresa small handful of people on here who might get that one.....;)

... and i ain't one of em! :D
    VR!

... and i ain't one of em! :D
    VR!

I second that motion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

marknigma wrote:
    Hey guys would love to be involved with the podcasts I am willing to host or be part of a panel I actually think a panel would be a fantastic idea have a host and maybe 3 other people and just have a topic discussion could be good

I'd be into this.

As mentioned earlier, door is open to anyone who feels they can contribute. :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Bubs101 wrote:
    Presume it's a reference to the infamous Kentonbomb incident

What was the infamous Kentonbomb incident? Or perhaps I should say which particular kentonbomb incident was more infamous than the rest?:D

Looking forward to hearing this lads! (the podcast that is!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've given it the all clear, missin out on an hour of sleep for the good of the board!

Sounds very well done, I'm sure there'll be demand for another installment. Vic Grimes is the guy New Jack says he tried to kill by throwing him off a scaffold in XPW by the way

Fozzy wrote:
    I've given it the all clear, missin out on an hour of sleep for the good of the board!

Sounds very well done, I'm sure there'll be demand for another installment. Vic Grimes is the guy New Jack says he tried to kill by throwing him off a scaffold in XPW by the way

Aaaah! So he's one of these dude's that's kinda famous for being famous then?
    Looks like we're all systems go. Worst that will ever be on the casts (on my end) is occasional strong language (and probably BO and bad breath but thankfully, that don't translate across!) ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like we're all systems go. Worst that will ever be on the casts (on my end) is occasional strong language

Only occasional? I was expecting Iron Sheik-like vulgarity. :)

• Advertisement

I'm VR, i'm not Dana White (although i have had the privilege to meet the guy briefly in Belfast earlier this year) ;)

VR!

One thing I forgot to mention was to keep copyrighted music off the recording.

I'm guessing that music in the intro is copyrighted, yes?

I'll trim it off in the morning and then put it up.

Yeah, i'd imagine both the beginning and the end were copyrighted.
    Any ideas where i could seek out some public domain stuff/non copyrighted stuff?

VR!

Yeah, i'd imagine both the beginning and the end were copyrighted.
    Any ideas where i could seek out some public domain stuff/non copyrighted stuff?

VR!
    Stuff that comes under the Creative Commons License is usually handy enough to use.

Stuff that comes under the Creative Commons License is usually handy enough to use.

Couldn't find diddly squat on there that was interesting enough.
    I did however find a bands website who do have a tune as a free download (i won't advertise, but can pm you the link?) that could be easily used? Seeing as the band have the full track there?

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i dont think music is that much of an issue.. for example kevin smith's podcasts always start with a bit of a song, and throughout the hour there's other songs running underneath

• Advertisement

Roar wrote:
    i dont think music is that much of an issue.. for example kevin smith's podcasts always start with a bit of a song, and throughout the hour there's other songs running underneath

I didn't think it would be either, but at the same time, if boards are gonna host it, it's not worth the risk for them.

I'm really not that pushed about it, i just think it adds a nice buildup. If i was really bothered, i'd just upload it to rapidshare or something like that. ;)

VR!

What was the intro music anyway?

Pressure Drop - by Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds. Sadly to be edited on the boards version of the podcast. :(

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I didn't think it would be either, but at the same time, if boards are gonna host it, it's not worth the risk for them.

I'm really not that pushed about it, i just think it adds a nice buildup. If i was really bothered, i'd just upload it to rapidshare or something like that. ;)

VR!

i think IMRO would be far more concerned with other things than snippets of songs on a pro wrestling forum podcast!

Roar wrote:
    i think IMRO would be far more concerned with other things than snippets of songs on a pro wrestling forum podcast!

Hey, you're singing to the choir with that statement ;)
    VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement