Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards PW podcast?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Well we're keeping it at two for a couple of weeks until we get a better feel for it. As for talking about that WWA show, it would probably be a bigger burial than Malice In The Palace! It was a wretched card from top to bottom with Joe E Legend trying to be HHH. Just Joe? More like Just a Game wannabe! I really didn't give a crap about the midget match either.

Might give it a token mention though, now that you mention it.
    VR!

Ha ha, ok. I'm only asking about that WWA show as it was the first live show I was ever at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Ha ha, ok. I'm only asking about that WWA show as it was the first live show I was ever at.

Mine as well, and i did actually have a good time at it. But for all the wrong reasons! :)

VR!

Mine as well, and i did actually have a good time at it. But for all the wrong reasons! :)

VR!

It's just good the listen to a podcast that talks about shows that I have been to, like you did on the last podcast (when Raw came to Ireland for the first time in 9 years "I think") I always thought it was the WWE's first time in Ireland.

It's just good the listen to a podcast that talks about shows that I have been to, like you did on the last podcast (when Raw came to Ireland for the first time in 9 years "I think") I always thought it was the WWE's first time in Ireland.

Definitely not. They were here in April (or was it May?) 1992 as part of the European Rampage tour, I was in attendance and if i recall correctly, all the faces went over, Not sure about 93 (I know WCW was though!) but they were also here in 94 and 95. That would be the last we'd see of them until 2004.

VR!

Definitely not. They were here in April (or was it May?) 1992 as part of the European Rampage tour, I was in attendance and if i recall correctly, all the faces went over, Not sure about 93 (I know WCW was though!) but they were also here in 94 and 95. That would be the last we'd see of them until 2004.

VR!

Never knew WCW did some shows in Ireland, I must have been asleep from 1993 till 1995. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Never knew WCW did some shows in Ireland, I must have been asleep from 1993 till 1995. :rolleyes:

Vader beat Sting for the WCW Title in Dublin in 1993: http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/wcwchampionship/

Fozzy wrote:
    Vader beat Sting for the WCW Title in Dublin in 1993: http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/wcwchampionship/

:eek: news to me. Thanks for the info Fozzy.

PS, sorry for going off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

I had a listen to this last night as I was bored..(Not meaning that to sound bitchy, it's just podcasts generally wouldn't interest me, lol.) I was pleasantly surprised. It was a good effort for a first show. VR, you can definitely talk up a storm, lol. I'll be looking out for future shows. Good job guys.

I had a listen to this last night as I was bored..(Not meaning that to sound bitchy, it's just podcasts generally wouldn't interest me, lol.) I was pleasantly surprised. It was a good effort for a first show. VR, you can definitely talk up a storm, lol. I'll be looking out for future shows. Good job guys.

When it comes to either music or Pro Wrestling, it's usually difficult to shut me up, although some people have actually succeeded, others have lost their sanity trying!

Next one is due to be recorded this Monday. It will contain No Mercy spoilers for those who didn't watch it. Don't worry, we'll tell you where they are! ;)

We're planning to do them each second monday, to avoid RAW spoilers and so forth.

VR!

The delayed Boards.ie PW Podcast II, as Minto couldn't get his head out of the books in time for Monday!

Temporary link as i couldn't send to monkeyfudge via gmail
    http://rapidshare.com/files/61450312/pwpodcast2.mp3.html

Enjoy :D
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The delayed Boards.ie PW Podcast II, as Minto couldn't get his head out of the books in time for Monday!

Temporary link as i couldn't send to monkeyfudge via gmail
    http://rapidshare.com/files/61450312/pwpodcast2.mp3.html

Enjoy :D
    VR!

Another solid show but I've one suggestion - shorten the length. I think it got a bit like a TNA match with too much stuff put in. I ended up forgetting some of the stuff which had earlier pissed me off. ;)

I might be in the minority though. I don't know.

Good show, and thanks for WWA section.
    Worldwrestlingallstars.jpg

Event: WWA Show
    Date: November 28, 2002

Shark Boy defeated Spyder "Nat" Web...
    Konnan defeated Norman Smiley...
    Nathan Jones and Frankie Kazarian defeated Disco Inferno and Johnny Swinger...
    Hardcore Midget Match: Teo defeated Puppet (Midajah was the special guest referee)
    Mike Sanders defeated Joe E Legend...
    Three-Way Match: Sabu defeated Perry Saturn and Simon Diamond
    Sting and Luger defeated Buff Bagwell and Malice.

Good show, and thanks for WWA section.
    No wonder i forgot the card!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Another solid show but I've one suggestion - shorten the length. I think it got a bit like a TNA match with too much stuff put in. I ended up forgetting some of the stuff which had earlier pissed me off. ;)

I might be in the minority though. I don't know.

Thanks for the kind words, MNG. I agree that an hour and a half might be too long, we'll see how the next one goes. Hope you have no second thoughts ;)

I'm torn though, cos on the first one, we got some feedback that we couldn't cover enough. 45 minutes flies in, an additional 15 minutes flies in even faster. It's alright devising a run sheet and saying "stick to this" but it never works out that way!

(Christ knows, we tried!)
    VR!

Gave this a listen earlier, good effort. I do think that 90 minutes might be a bit too long. I've forgotten something I was going to mention cos of this Boards downtime

I was at that WWA show, my first wrestling event too. I think I have some photos from it somewhere, I'll post a few if there's any interesting ones. There's probably not though!

The next show should be something worth listening to!

Fozzy wrote: »
    Gave this a listen earlier, good effort. I do think that 90 minutes might be a bit too long. I've forgotten something I was going to mention cos of this Boards downtime

I was at that WWA show, my first wrestling event too. I think I have some photos from it somewhere, I'll post a few if there's any interesting ones. There's probably not though!

The next show should be something worth listening to!

Aye, i'm really looking forward to it. A lot of PW podcasts are 90 mins tho. And that time will fly through with 3 people on it as well. We might trim it to around the 70-75 minute mark though.

VR!

No wonder i forgot the card!
    VR!

You said that Joe Legend was on a PPV where the Rock asked him who he was and he said Joe, Just Joe. any idea what PPV this was on?

You said that Joe Legend was on a PPV where the Rock asked him who he was and he said Joe, Just Joe. any idea what PPV this was on?

Yeah, i'm not sure if it actually took place on a PPV, the highlights package on the PPV showed it though. It was one in the middle of 2000 but i can't remember for the life of me which one.

VR!

Joe was on Metal and Superstars nearly every week around 2000. I remember seeing an interview with him once where he said that when he sent a video in to WWE to try get himself hired he was told that there was no need because he was in nearly every video they got as all the rookie wrestlers had their best matches with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Just got round to listening to the first podcast. It's well done, Fair play lads!

Cheers :)
    Gonna start the planning for this Mondays taping tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

VR!

As you might have read on the UFC spoiler thread. We're putting off tonights podcast until after Cyber Sunday. Time conflicts and the fact that i'm as sick as a dog at the minute to the extent that every second word would be a cough or a splutter. Meanwhile Minto has forgotten that the weekend has ended and is out partying (good lad!) and MNG is up to his tonsils with college work. So it made more sense

But trust me, it will be a good hour and 15 minutes worth waiting for :D
    VR!

It wouldn't be the PW Podcast without it's delays! Podcast III be here:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/66360023/pwpodcast3.mp3.html

Myself and Minto is whatcha gets, as MNG bailed on us for a better offer.
    Enjoy,
    VR!

Has anyone listened to the cast yet?

I'd have listened to it if I wasn't so busy. Near the top of my to do list once I've finished this assignment

Just listened to the podcast. Some thoughts...

- Cyber Sunday the weakest PPV ever since Backlash? Huh? Backlash has tended to produce good PPVs. Surely the GAB (with the exception of this year) has seen the worst WWE PPV offerings. I don't think Taboo Tuesday events have been poor either. I think they have failed to live up to expectations (why I'm not quite sure as I like the concept) but I'd like to see the event continue.

- I don't think Cyber Sunday is rigged and VR used The Miz being selected in the voting as evidence that it is. I would argue that The Miz being selected is evidence that it certainly is not. The WWE would have wanted Big Daddy V or Morrison over a guy like Miz who they have kept in mid-card. And as for who in their right mind would vote for him. AHEM...
    I voted The Miz because I think if it's either of the other two, a title switch is going to go down!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54224578&postcount=1

I do think that was why Miz won the vote from the fans. Morrison and Punk has been done to death and Big Daddy V is...well, Big Daddy V.

- "As bad as Vince Russo is there is worse out there and you saw it this past Sunday." - VR on the Michaels/Cena finish

While I crapped all over the finish to the HBK/Orton match, that is a crazy statement. Had Russo booked the match it would have lasted 3 minutes, Michaels would have turned heel and Orton would have then formed a new stable with the other second and third generation wrestlers called the Young Age Outlaws.

- The criticism of Undertaker is getting a bit much. I criticised HHH for his bowing gestures to the crowd and got criticised and yet VR you call Undertaker a "f*cking wanker"! It's a bit much as I say. I don't get why VR is so fixated on this Chris Masters incident as if Taker's the only guy in wrestling history to have done this. As recent as two weeks ago on Raw Jeff and Shawn stiffed Kennedy for his horror show. Why not bash them too?

- Can't believe the Cyber Sunday main event was criticised by you guys. I'm no Batista fan but when he and the Undertaker wrestle they tend to deliver and I felt Cyber Sunday was no different.

- Cyber Sunday the weakest PPV ever since Backlash? Huh? Backlash has tended to produce good PPVs. Surely the GAB (with the exception of this year) has seen the worst WWE PPV offerings. I don't think Taboo Tuesday events have been poor either. I think they have failed to live up to expectations (why I'm not quite sure as I like the concept) but I'd like to see the event continue.

Backlash has been pretty weak since it's inception, drawing weak and putting on weak matches. there were some exceptions like 2000, 2004, but in general, i personally thing they're weak as hell, and i know i'm not the only.
    - I don't think Cyber Sunday is rigged and VR used The Miz being selected in the voting as evidence that it is. I would argue that The Miz being selected is evidence that it certainly is not. The WWE would have wanted Big Daddy V or Morrison over a guy like Miz who they have kept in mid-card. And as for who in their right mind would vote for him. AHEM...

Be serious please. You'd actually vote the Miz over Morrison? Oh wait. Next!
    I do think that was why Miz won the vote from the fans. Morrison and Punk has been done to death and Big Daddy V is...well, Big Daddy V.

I'm no fan of Miz whatsoever. On the mic, i think he's great. In the ring. Seeya later.
    While I crapped all over the finish to the HBK/Orton match, that is a crazy statement. Had Russo booked the match it would have lasted 3 minutes, Michaels would have turned heel and Orton would have then formed a new stable with the other second and third generation wrestlers called the Young Age Outlaws.

There was a time when Vince Russo knew what he was doing. Ask both Hardys, Edge and Christian. His bad has overtaken the good. But i already admitted that several times.
    - The criticism of Undertaker is getting a bit much. I criticised HHH for his bowing gestures to the crowd and got criticised and yet VR you call Undertaker a "f*cking wanker"! It's a bit much as I say. I don't get why VR is so fixated on this Chris Masters incident as if Taker's the only guy in wrestling history to have done this. As recent as two weeks ago on Raw Jeff and Shawn stiffed Kennedy for his horror show. Why not bash them too?

You got it. Both Shawn and Jeff, who i consider my boys in the business are right up there with Undertaker, Bob Holly and JBL as complete and total **** for their actions. But you can never blame me for being inconsistant either. I don't condone stiffing the **** out of someone in the ring just to prove a point. However at least HBK and Jeff knew when to stop. Undertaker on the other hand, went too far.
    - Can't believe the Cyber Sunday main event was criticised by you guys. I'm no Batista fan but when he and the Undertaker wrestle they tend to deliver and I felt Cyber Sunday was no different.

Well it's all down to opinion, and i really wish you had have made it on the show, because if thats how you felt about the event. It would have been a hell of a show! :(

VR!

Backlash has been pretty weak since it's inception, drawing weak and putting on weak matches. there were some exceptions like 2000, 2004, but in general, i personally thing they're weak as hell, and i know i'm not the only.

I would strongly disagree. I felt this year's Backlash was one of the better WWE PPVs and I tend to think the PPVs have been good and benefit greatly from carrying on feuds from Wrestlemania.
    Be serious please. You'd actually vote the Miz over Morrison? Oh wait. Next!

Uh yes along with the majority of people as it turns out!
    I'm no fan of Miz whatsoever. On the mic, i think he's great. In the ring. Seeya later.

I can't stand the guy, even on the mic, but I've no desire to see BDV or Morrison as the champion. I like Morrison but don't buy him as heavyweight championship material yet.
    There was a time when Vince Russo knew what he was doing. Ask both Hardys, Edge and Christian. His bad has overtaken the good. But i already admitted that several times.

A time when Vince McMahon was there to keep an eye on matters. Vince Russo is the guy who has said that wrestling fans aren't interested in watching wrestling matches and I personally think that's a load of BS and you'd think with TNA's recent 0.9 ratings he'd see that.
    You got it. Both Shawn and Jeff, who i consider my boys in the business are right up there with Undertaker, Bob Holly and JBL as complete and total **** for their actions. But you can never blame me for being inconsistant either. I don't condone stiffing the **** out of someone in the ring just to prove a point. However at least HBK and Jeff knew when to stop. Undertaker on the other hand, went too far.

Well I don't believe Shawn, Jeff or Taker are ****. JBL and Holly I would agree with you on as they are persistent offenders. I don't see how Taker went too far unless you are of the view that he intentionally set out to injure Masters. If that was the case then I'd agree with you that he was a wanker but I've not read anyone suggest that was what happened.
    Well it's all down to opinion, and i really wish you had have made it on the show, because if thats how you felt about the event. It would have been a hell of a show! :(

I'd still like to do one if the offer still stands.

• Advertisement

I voted for The Miz as well, said it in that thread. Haven't had a chance to listen to the show yet, but Mr.Nice Guy is right. The Miz getting voted in shows that it's not rigged. Big Daddy V was the guy pushed on tv, they obviously wanted him to win, and Morrison to a lesser extent. Punk and Miz worked the match with the most basic wrestling school stuff they could do, I don't think that they'd planned it out too much with each other as neither probably thought that Miz would get the vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

- I don't think Cyber Sunday is rigged and VR used The Miz being selected in the voting as evidence that it is. I would argue that The Miz being selected is evidence that it certainly is not.

I agree. It kinda makes sense on a number of levels that the Miz was picked in hindsight. I mean if your a kid and a big CM punk fan, logic tells you that you want him to fight the biggest geek out of the three, that being the Miz.

A time when Vince McMahon was there to keep an eye on matters. Vince Russo is the guy who has said that wrestling fans aren't interested in watching wrestling matches and I personally think that's a load of BS and you'd think with TNA's recent 0.9 ratings he'd see that.

I'm not gonna disagree with you there. Although i'm actually enjoying TNA more than i am with WWE, granted i haven't seen the last four impacts. But running a video shop doesn't qualify you to be a writer for storylines.
    Well I don't believe Shawn, Jeff or Taker are ****. JBL and Holly I would agree with you on as they are persistent offenders. I don't see how Taker went too far unless you are of the view that he intentionally set out to injure Masters. If that was the case then I'd agree with you that he was a wanker but I've not read anyone suggest that was what happened.

Well that's the thing, but the fact of the matter is Masters did get severely injured, and that does look bad for Undertaker in that sense. Hence why i do think he went too far, but as you said, nothing has been proved. One thing i forgot to mention. You went on about my Taker criticising on the podcast, i actually gave him a lot more props than i did bash him. :)
    I'd still like to do one if the offer still stands.
    Yup. Door is always open.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Had a listen to the 3rd Podcast there, its the 1st one i've had a chance to sit down and listen to. Well done lads, thoroughly enjoyable show, some interesting topics brought up and some interesting opinions in there.

Minto, Stephanie McMahon? WTF!!! I have to agree with VR on that one. Thought the comment about Taker vs. Hepatitis was classic.

I think it's the best one we've done so far. The first one we didn't know what we were doing, the second time we ramped the time by the amount going on over an hour and a half, which everyone agreed was too long. We found a healthy balance with this particular one, and a format which we're now gonna stick to. The timeframe worked well.

We're both looking forward to our next one anyway.
    VR!

I finally got a chance to listen to it last night, twas good. By the standard of WWE PPVs, Backlash is usually above average. This year's show was the best WWE PPV of the year I think

• Advertisement

Just an update, I'm planning on doing a post Survivor Series/RAW show on Tuesday night, gotta confirm with VR though. I have two questions though and would appreciate some answers.

1) Is there a demand for the podcasts anymore? Are me and VR giving up our Tuesday nights in vain? It appears that the feedback (and I'm guessing listener-ship) is down in the last few shows.

2) Is anyone up for joining us on this show as it will be a very special edition of the show, with a lot of Jericho talk. Think about it guys, you would get the chance to bash VR over his doubting-thomas attitude to Jericho's return.

Thanks,
    Minto

Great, an attempt at a lynch mob. I will piss myself laughing if Jericho doesn't return and it's held off for the 3 hour special :D

As for my doubting thomas attitude, you f*cking hypocrite, you thought it was Edge as well! :P
    VR!

I would have gone on the show but I am working nights this week. I dont think you guys should give up the podcast as I enjoy it and I am sure a lot more people do as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

You should definately keep the podcast going. I personally really enjoyed the last one, thought you lads put on a really good show. I wouldnt mind making a guest appearance on one of them - wont be able to do the next one though cos im up to my eyes at the minute and havnt gotten around to signing up to skype and getting a headset yet. One of these days, i'll get time to sort both of those out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I wouldn't mind giving one a shot but I'd have to find time and set up Skype.

Also, in regards to the podcast, it might be better to keep it under 40 minutes because anything longer is a long time to try and kepp people's attention

• Advertisement

You's should keep doing it. There's not a chance I'd be able to find any free time to go on this week though

I've no problems keeping going anyway. although 40 minutes and under isn't worthwhile to be honest. If we're doing it every 2-3 weeks, 40 minutes is not enough to cover that amount of time. If attention spans are going, then it's time to switch off and then continue it later. 60 mins works tho :)

Shaun

Shaun

WHAT'S THIS????

NO VR?

NO EXCLAMATION POINT?

Ooooh breach of kayfabe! FIRE THAT MAN! ;)
    VR!

Typical, we have to break Kayfabe on the 10th anniversary of Montreal. So which one of us is gonna whine about it for 10 years? Shaun, I mean VR, I'm lookin at you!

I think that an hour is perfect at the moment, if we were to up it to every week, we could cut it back to 30-40 mins (I think, I dunno if we would need me then, cos VR could talk for that on his own!).

As for keeping it going, I'm all for it, but I would appreciate more feedback after each show, even if it's just to say "great show" or "get the f*ck of the air, ye bunch of know it all pr*cks". I'm still quite self-conscious about the show and all the comments help, good or not!

To be honest man, if i thought you sucked after this time, i would tell you. You're doing good.

VR!

Minto, be sure to get VR to confirm his exteneded absence

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Minto, be sure to get VR to confirm his exteneded absence

Extended absence? First I've heard of it.

As for this weeks Podcast, I completely forgot about it and spent the evening asleep on the couch. I haven't heard from VR since Jericho's return last night, so I dunno when it's going to happen, if at all this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

If there ever was anything to shut me up it is infact doing a podcast with VR.

I had no idea how hard it was till I gave it a go was so so nervous doing that and it was very last minute we had no plan or anything VR was great as usual but urmm go easy on me....

Minto Sir please take your job back!

• Advertisement
Advertisement