Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards PW podcast?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

As i said, it's horses for courses. But don't try to put a plate of (what i personally consider to be) sh*t in front of me and expect me to eat it. I'm gonna move away from this as we're starting to go off topic. :)

VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

If F4W is ****e what does that make this place, it has to be said?

Says the person who subscribes to it.
    If you don't like what you read, don't respond. If it really annoys you, don't visit. It's that simple. In my case with F4W, i just didn't bother subscribing anymore.

Christ, you'd argue for the sake of argueing!
    Enjoy being miserable, it's a disease and i hope you get well soon. :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Lads I was wondering is the last podcast available to d/l? Only getting back on to Boards again but I remeber reading about this when it was first starting and thinking "Yeah right that will never work" but fair play to ye and I will be a keen listener (Possibile participant if you guys allow newcomers) from here on. Cheers

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Lads I was wondering is the last podcast available to d/l? Only getting back on to Boards again but I remeber reading about this when it was first starting and thinking "Yeah right that will never work" but fair play to ye and I will be a keen listener (Possibile participant if you guys allow newcomers) from here on. Cheers

Lol, funnily enough, myself and Minto said the same thing after we did the first one. The last one is available to download if you scroll back a couple of pages. I believe it was recorded last November, so that will indicate the date. The first one should still be in the podcast section of the main boards.ie page. Rapidshare took the second and third ones off after inactivity, but i'll probably upload them again as i have them all here.

I might put up an info on the very first page of this thread just with the recording date, the hosts and the length of the broadcasts.
    As for being a participant, it's simple really, drop me a PM, include Minto in it and we can arrange a time for everyone to be on. :)

VR!

Lol, funnily enough, myself and Minto said the same thing after we did the first one. The last one is available to download if you scroll back a couple of pages. I believe it was recorded last November, so that will indicate the date. The first one should still be in the podcast section of the main boards.ie page. Rapidshare took the second and third ones off after inactivity, but i'll probably upload them again as i have them all here.

I might put up an info on the very first page of this thread just with the recording date, the hosts and the length of the broadcasts.
    As for being a participant, it's simple really, drop me a PM, include Minto in it and we can arrange a time for everyone to be on. :)

VR!
    Yeah I found the last one there a couple of pages back. just downloading and listening to it now. Seems good. Would be good if you got a few people in on it. Not that you guys are doing bad but as I am sure you know their is always a little bit of silence as you are waiting on the other one to talk that will happen all the time but a lot less if their is more people in on it.

Yeah I might just drop you a PM have to get back to watching wrestling week in week out though first. But yeah liken it so far, top work lads, keep it up.

Yeah I found the last one there a couple of pages back. just downloading and listening to it now. Seems good. Would be good if you got a few people in on it. Not that you guys are doing bad but as I am sure you know their is always a little bit of silence as you are waiting on the other one to talk that will happen all the time but a lot less if their is more people in on it.

Yeah I might just drop you a PM have to get back to watching wrestling week in week out though first. But yeah liken it so far, top work lads, keep it up.

The gaps of silence here and there aren't always us running out of stuff to say, unfortunately skype is only as reliable as each persons broadband connection, some lag, some drop, some people can have sound problems. We've pitched the idea for varying third people occasionally, but it's not always easy to get everyone online at the same time. Real life... it's a bitch! ;)

VR!

Yeah that would be good, have you 2 doing it all the time and then have 1 other lad from the board joining in so lets say I do it week 1 then MR. X week 2, Mr. Y week 3 and so on. Then after a while if one of them was much better than the rest get him/her back on.

In theory that would be perfect, in practice, that's a whole other story. Trust me, we did try our damnest with that format last year. But the problem is, if something comes up with the 3rd person, it makes it very difficult to get a last minute replacement for that person.
    And we're sure as hell not gonna make that much of an effort to try, mainly because we're doing this for fun, for a laugh. If it becomes a hassle, it defeats the purpose of doing it in the first place. :)

VR!

Yeah good point and I agree with ya. Anyway looking forward to the next one and glad to here your a Jeff Hardy mark :D same here as well.

• Advertisement

Christ, you'd argue for the sake of argueing!
    Enjoy being miserable, it's a disease and i hope you get well soon. :)

This is rich :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

You should get a regular guest poster to join you every Podcast.

Would love to hear you and Rovert clash heads in real life

Bubs101 wrote: »
    You should get a regular guest poster to join you every Podcast.

Would love to hear you and Rovert clash heads in real life

Dear lord Bubs, you're such a sh*t stirrer sometimes! This is Deja Vu! ;)
    I remember you saying the same thing about Mr Nice Guy, and we invited him on a number of times, but he always had something on!

As for a guest poster, we're up for it, but nobody bites, probably because it was so new at the time. Will things change after a 6 month absence? Time will tell i guess.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Right folks, we just finished recording a catch-up show of the first few months of 2008. It was a fun show to do and hopefully VR will have it up in the next few hours.

Minto wrote: »
    Right folks, we just finished recording a catch-up show of the first few months of 2008. It was a fun show to do and hopefully VR will have it up in the next few hours.

Cool

Any Samoan talk?

rovert wrote: »
    Cool

Any Samoan talk?

Yea, I think there is some in there somewhere, lol!

Yea, I think there is some in there somewhere, lol!

Yeah i'm pretty sure there is somewhere.

Just to point out a couple of things, it's not an official podcast, it's more a "we're sorry we didn't do one in months, so here's the cold comfort catchup show". Hence why it's not numbered.

Due to skype delays, there are a couple of pauses in the first 10 minutes (which we later sorted out but didn't feel like re-recording the segment).

Also it ran overtime and it runs for 1hr 25 minutes approx, considering it's a catchup show of 4-5 months, we reckon it's a fair length for it (as we actually cut a couple of topics from going completely overtime. The original length we had in mind was 1hr 10)

I'll post the download link when i have it uploaded.
    VR!

Link be here folks!
    http://rapidshare.com/files/119141744/BPW_Podcast_Recap_2008.mp3.html

Enjoy, and as always, all constructive criticism appreciated. :)
    VR!

An idea, Fozzy can you help with this?

Basically i was just gonna throw the podcast history into the start of the topic. However i can't edit it (probably as the original post was months ago), Any chance you can copy and paste this into original message?

Cheers,
    VR!
    ---
    BPW Podcast History:

Podcast I
    Original broadcast date: September 28th 2007
    Hosts: VR! & Minto
    Opening Theme: Pressure Drop by Izzy Stradlin & The Ju-Ju Hounds
    Closing Theme: Extra Pale by The Goo Goo Dolls
    Running time: 40mins 20 seconds
    * Fun facts - Our first podcast, and we were both dying sick. VR was recovering from flu and Minto suffered a severe throat congestion. It also took two takes as we were both nervous as hell recording it! It was also put on Boards.ie's podcast section, as a result the copyrighted music had to be taken out of it. It would be the only one that would appear in their podcast section.

Podcast II
    Original broadcast date: October 9th 2007
    Hosts: VR & Minto
    Running time: 1hr 34mins
    * Fun facts - Our least popular podcast, mainly due to it's long running time. This was meant to go in the boards.ie podcast section, but because the person to upload it was away, VR! got impatient and uploaded it to rapidshare, where it's been the home of our podcasts since. VR was also loaded up on pain pills due to injuring his leg the previous weekend.

Podcast III
    Original broadcast date: October 30th 2007
    Running time: 1hr 9mins.
    * Fun Facts - VR started this podcast sober, and finished it drunk as he celebrated the fact that he would have RAW for a while with no John Cena annoying him. Minto was also overjoyed at this news, however he couldn't share in the champagne celebration over skype. Mister Nice Guy was also invited to appear in this podcast, but timing got in the way and he couldn't make it.

Podcast IV
    Original broadcast date: December 14th 2007
    Hosts: VR & Pingu_Girl
    Running time: 1hr 1min 6sec
    * Fun facts - Very last minute arrangement, no run sheet used. Minto was unavailable and Pingu_Girl stepped in at about 2 minutes notice and was very nervous. She did quite well and was well received on the feedback thread. VR was in actuality on the verge of breaking down and jacking in the podcast at this stage. It would also be the last podcast for nearly five months.

Podcast V
    Original broadcast date: May 20th 2008
    Opening Theme: Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue
    Closing Theme: Jihad by Disneyland After Dark
    Running Time: 1 hour
    * Fun facts - Even more 11th hour than podcast IV as Minto literally talked VR to missing his workout for this. There was no preparation involved and a very makeshift runsheet (prepared by Minto), It was like it was 7 days since the last broadcast we'd done together as opposed to 7 months. It got a lot of positive feedback from the thread as well as a few new listeners. Since then both VR and Minto have vowed that they will do all they can to keep it regular again. VR also drank a bottle of red wine during this podcast.

BPW Recap 2008
    Original broadcast date: May 31st 2008
    Opening Theme: Internal Exile by Fish
    Closing Theme: It's After Dark by Disneyland After Dark
    Running Time 1hr 23mins 47sec
    * Fun facts - Our non official podcast as it was more our way of catching up over the course of four months. Sadly we went 15 minutes in overtime and didn't get to cover the Backlash PPV. VR worked without a runsheet for this one as it's was Minto's idea and his baby, so all direction was his.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just got done listening to it. Thought it was another good show even though I disagreed with a lot of what you said. :pac:

I thought the Rumble was great precisely because of the return of Cena. It was a move that swerved everybody and I thought it would lead to a very promising run for the WWE. Sadly no...

Obviously my feelings towards No Way Out will differ to you guys since it was the event that drove me away from the current product. I felt they f*cked up in a big way by giving away the WM main event early (and having a DQ ending for it) and ensuring SuperHunter went over. I feel that's the point when things went downhill.

I agree with a lot of what you both said on Flair/Michaels.

I would agree too with VR that the Mayweather thing won't go down as a Wrestlemania moment like other things in WWE, but I also agree with Minto that TNA would have done things a lot worse with it.

With regards to VR's comments on Taker's streak, I think he misses the point. Of course Taker beat a lot of jabronis along the way but the streak isn't about individuals. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. For example, Goldberg beat a lot of rubbish in his streak but the mystique surrounded the streak itself not the guys he pinned.

Anyways, good effort. You going to touch on the draft in your next one?

I thought the Rumble was great precisely because of the return of Cena. It was a move that swerved everybody and I thought it would lead to a very promising run for the WWE. Sadly no...

Thank christ! ;)
    Obviously my feelings towards No Way Out will differ to you guys since it was the event that drove me away from the current product. I felt they f*cked up in a big way by giving away the WM main event early (and having a DQ ending for it) and ensuring SuperHunter went over. I feel that's the point when things went downhill.

It wouldn't have been the first time WWE did that and it didn't affect the product that badly. I remember when they had Savage v DiBiase on SNME about 3 weeks before Wrestlemania IV, yes, they gave away the main event, and on free TV as well. As for Hunter going over, i think we both know thats just your personal gripe, as you've been an active HHHater for a while now. I learned to live with it. :)
    I agree with a lot of what you both said on Flair/Michaels.

We went waaaaaay too long on that, but it was fun!
    I would agree too with VR that the Mayweather thing won't go down as a Wrestlemania moment like other things in WWE, but I also agree with Minto that TNA would have done things a lot worse with it.

Waaaay too long on this as well. But at least TNA would have made it quick and painless, as opposed to WWE dragging it out into the snorefest it became. :)

[quoteWith regards to VR's comments on Taker's streak, I think he misses the point. Of course Taker beat a lot of jabronis along the way but the streak isn't about individuals. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. For example, Goldberg beat a lot of rubbish in his streak but the mystique surrounded the streak itself not the guys he pinned. [/quote]

It wasn't so much that, i just think people (including the WWE) make too much of a deal of it. Orton not going over at Mania 21 said a hell of a lot to me about Taker in the sense that he's not willing to put over younger talent on the big stage. Even Hogan managed to do that at SOME point.
    Anyways, good effort. You going to touch on the draft in your next one?

If it happens by then, most likely we will. :)
    VR!

I'm glad you enjoyed the podcast MNG, as always, we aim to please. I realise we will never see eye to eye on Triple H, but I do respect and appreciate all your comments.
    I'm curious to hear how everyone thought of the show's format (for lack of a better word). I thought it was much more relaxed, bordering lazy even, than previous ones. I'm not saying it was bad, I'm just wondering did anyone notice it really? I apologise for any lack of coherence, but its 5 a.m. and f*ck it if you think I care about being coherent at this hour.
    Good night all and enjoy the podcast!

I'm curious to hear how everyone thought of the show's format (for lack of a better word). I thought it was much more relaxed, bordering lazy even, than previous ones. I'm not saying it was bad, I'm just wondering did anyone notice it really?

When i was editing it before uploading, i had a listen to it (as painful as it is to hear my own voice), i thought it was very similar than the last one, in the sense that it was more free flowing. We weren't confined to a run sheet and just took it as it came. For this particular show we went overtime as we'd so much to cover and lost track of time. But if the last one was anything to go by, i personally think dropping the run sheet is definitely the way to go.

VR!

Just finished downloading it now so will let you know what I think of it.

I think its better if you don't have a run sheet, as long as you both have an idea of the big events (PPV's, Big news) then its grand, go as the conversation flows.

I think its better if you don't have a run sheet, as long as you both have an idea of the big events (PPV's, Big news) then its grand, go as the conversation flows.

Cheers dude, i thought so as well.
    I'll be interested in hearing what you think of it afterwards. :)

VR!

• Advertisement

Any chance of uploading Podcast 2? I like the long podcasts tbh. Still listening to the latest one as typically with me people kept walking in just as I was relaxing and enjoying it :D.

If its too hard to upload podcast 2 don't worry about it.

Any chance of uploading Podcast 2? I like the long podcasts tbh. Still listening to the latest one as typically with me people kept walking in just as I was relaxing and enjoying it :D.

If its too hard to upload podcast 2 don't worry about it.

Ask and you shall receive. I'll upload 2 and 3 in a short while, i don't have them stored on the laptop, but once i'm done watching last nights impact!, i'll log into the other machine and send it up and repost the links.

VR!

I listened to this drunk in the early hours of the morning. It was great and dont change a thing. Congrats on coming nuptials.

rovert wrote: »
    I listened to this drunk in the early hours of the morning. It was great and dont change a thing. Congrats on coming nuptials.

Cheers man,
    Oh now let's get something straight, i'm engaged, but not to Minto. :)
    (nothing against the guy, i just don't play that way, and i'm sure he doesn't either!)

I never actually tried listening to these drunk, i wonder if it's as much fun as it is recording one while drunk?
    VR!

• Advertisement

Cheers man,
    Oh now let's get something straight, i'm engaged, but not to Minto. :)
    (nothing against the guy, i just don't play that way, and i'm sure he doesn't either!)

I never actually tried listening to these drunk, i wonder if it's as much fun as it is recording one while drunk?
    VR!

I don't think he meant that the two of us are engaged. It certainly wasn't my first thought. I'd be slightly worried that you thought that way though :D:D

I don't think he meant that the two of us are engaged. It certainly wasn't my first thought. I'd be slightly worried that you thought that way though :D:D

Just keeping it simple for the broken minded, that's all. :)
    VR!

Finally finished and have to say top work again lads. Very good, you got all the main things that happend during the time. Looking forward to that Benoit rant Minto :D and also now I think it could just be me and reading it the wrong way, but from the past 2 podcasts and reading on the forum, that VR you don't like Undertaker, I could be mistaken now :D.

Great stuff lads and again looking forward to the next one.

but from the past 2 podcasts and reading on the forum, that VR you don't like Undertaker, I could be mistaken now :D

Awwww nooo, i think WWE have a safe investment in Mark Calloway, worthy of a long term title reign, a man who can go month after month without getting injured and a true role model for young talent, a locker room leader who stands up to bullies and backstage politicians. All hail him..

Aw crap, the morphine just wore off. He's a selfish c*nt!
    VR!

Smooth VR :D.

I would love to join in on one of them (Will have to check the mic and headset I have but should be fine) if you want to have a convo (Do you do it over skype?) just to see am I alright, that's cool. Just let me know when and I should be good if you can though leave it till the weekend as I am doing the Leaving this week so will be a bit wrapped up but will be grand for the weekend.

Smooth VR :D.

I would love to join in on one of them (Will have to check the mic and headset I have but should be fine) if you want to have a convo (Do you do it over skype?) just to see am I alright, that's cool. Just let me know when and I should be good if you can though leave it till the weekend as I am doing the Leaving this week so will be a bit wrapped up but will be grand for the weekend.

No worries, i'd be willing to give it a shot, i'm sure Minto wouldn't mind either. Get your study sorted for the LC until it's over and done with, we're not going anywhere for a while.

We usually do the recordings on Monday or Tuesday nights because Minto works most weekends. But i'm sure we can arrange something. :)

Get a headphone/microphone kit and a skype a/c and PM myself and Minto your skype username. :)

VR!

I could do it on a Monday night I am sure next week, sure we will see what happens anyway.

I could do it on a Monday night I am sure next week, sure we will see what happens anyway.

I would be able to myself as far as i know, it'll all depend on Minto really.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I listened to the recap show last night - some great stuff there lads as always. Nice work.

Cheers man,
    I believe the recording for the next one will be sometime early next week. Maybe Minto will be able to get his rant out about Benoit. This will definitely make for interesting listening as usually it's me who does all the ranting. It will be nice to take a break :)

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

usually it's me who does all the ranting. It will be nice to take a break :)

You do know how to do a good rant, i'll defo give ya that!!:D

Just so people know, its not so much a Benoit rant about him, but more of a rant on the incident and peoples treatment of and reaction to the incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Finally got a chance to listen to the last podcast on what was a very noisey (drunken) train back from Limerick.

Great show lads, look forward to the next installment! :D

Thank you all again for supporting and taking the time to download and listen. :)
    And now, we give you.

http://rapidshare.com/files/121300183/BPW_Podcast_VI_-_Three_Way_Prance.mp3.html%20target=

Go easy on Reganio 2, it's his first time :D
    This podcast contains honest opinions and some crude jokes and comparisons which those of a sensitive nature may find offensive. So if you're a Bret Hart, Chris Benoit or Eddie Guerrero fan, you may want to skip a little bit. ;)
    VR!

Go easy on Reganio 2, it's his first time :D
    VR!

After listening to Minto it must not get any easier the next time :D

After listening to Minto it must not get any easier the next time :D

Ah he wasn't that bad now ;)
    VR!

Ah he wasn't that bad now ;)
    VR!

Ah yeah he was class, only taken the p out of him like I am sure he will take the p out of me when he comes back :D.

Ah yeah he was class, only taken the p out of him like I am sure he will take the p out of me when he comes back :D.

Find our first one if it's still on the boards podcast section, you'll understand that he was fairly shy as well when we started, we kinda both were but i'm pretty loud and i tend to hide it well. I still brick it when i start recording.

But at least i'm able to edit it a lot better than i used to.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I stopped listening after I heard Bret Hart getting laughed at for 'falling off his f*cking bike' and being mocked for having a stroke. Bret Hart nearly lost his life and this was then compared to Foley taking a bump off of Hell in the Cell which just beggars belief.

I've been supportive of all the podcasts but that was highly unnecessary and personally anyway I found it very offensive. Just my two cents. People can make their own minds up.

• Advertisement

Havent listened but that stuff about Bret is not fun.

Advertisement