Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards PW podcast?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Also just to let ya know why it stops at the end and their is still like 5 minutes left, if you go to the last 2 minutes 20 seconds (I think) their is a couple of minutes as part of the blooper reel where we didn't know what we were talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I stopped listening after I heard Bret Hart getting laughed at for 'falling off his f*cking bike' and being mocked for having a stroke. Bret Hart nearly lost his life and this was then compared to Foley taking a bump off of Hell in the Cell which just beggars belief.

I admit my humour isn't to everyone's taste, but i was pretty sure you knew that anyway. But the fact of the matter is, i don't like the guy. Sorry!
    I've been supportive of all the podcasts but that was highly unnecessary and personally anyway I found it very offensive. Just my two cents.

Unfortunately, when we ditched the run sheet, everything and anything went. Hindsight being 20/20, we really should have stuck a disclaimer that it wouldn't have been for such a sensitive nature. This has since been ammended.
    People can make their own minds up.
    Now, if only you took that attitude towards HHH. ;)
    VR!

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Also just to let ya know why it stops at the end and their is still like 5 minutes left, if you go to the last 2 minutes 20 seconds (I think) their is a couple of minutes as part of the blooper reel where we didn't know what we were talking about.

Do'h, it would have been more of a surprise if they had been let find that out for themselves ;)

VR!

Do'h, it would have been more of a surprise if they had been let find that out for themselves ;)

VR!
    Yeah but their is too much of a gap between it, I nearly switched it off and went "Why is their like 10 minutes left, a few might not notice it. Should have kept my mouth shut but ya live and learn :D

Yeah but their is too much of a gap between it, I nearly switched it off and went "Why is their like 10 minutes left, a few might not notice it. Should have kept my mouth shut but ya live and learn :D

Heh, f*ckin Minto and his phone going off, made for interesting blunders tho :)
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I stopped listening after I heard Bret Hart getting laughed at for 'falling off his f*cking bike' and being mocked for having a stroke. Bret Hart nearly lost his life and this was then compared to Foley taking a bump off of Hell in the Cell which just beggars belief.

I've been supportive of all the podcasts but that was highly unnecessary and personally anyway I found it very offensive. Just my two cents. People can make their own minds up.

If you found it offensive, then I apologise! It wasn't our intentions to offend. I suppose we took the theme of being offensive a little too far. I can't speak for the other two, but I kinda feel bad that someone came away from the podcast feeling so dissatisfied. Once again, I apologise to you and anyone else who is offended.

That said I would also like to inform those who found this offensive that the WWE Draft/Benoit "Incident" Show planned for two weeks from today will be extremely offensive as I am going to totally let loose and for the first time, in public, reveal my true thoughts and feelings on the Benoit thing. So ye might want to skip that.

Minto wrote: »
    I can't speak for the other two, but I kinda feel bad that someone came away from the podcast feeling so dissatisfied. Once again, I apologise to you and anyone else who is offended.
    Yeah I agree, with that. Sorry to anyone I have offended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Neither of you fellas need to apologise (not that I'm saying VR does either). I just felt it was low to bring his stroke into the equation when criticising the chap.

Neither of you fellas need to apologise (not that I'm saying VR does either). I just felt it was low to bring his stroke into the equation when criticising the chap.

Fair point.

Nah i hear ya, but still, not everyone finds that sort of thing funny and we really should have given a warning for listeners that wouldn't appreciate it to skip on by a minute or two. Something which will most definitely be considered from here on in.

I would recommend listening to the rest of it, only skipping through the Eddie Guerrero simulator and the Nature Boy mentionings, they only last about a minute each, they can leave a bad taste in your mouth after listening.

But hey, that's my humour, i'm a cruel bastid. Most people know this by now (and those that don't, will after listening!) ;)

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

The Bret Hart stroke rant was just dumb especially brining in Hell in a Cell into it.

There were alot of misses on the show too (Eddie joke, Daniel Benoit joke). Maybe I'm being overly sensitive but to me when it comes to wrestling, there are piles of things that you can make jokes about without resorting to stuff like that.

I'll be giving Minto's Benoit rant a miss in 2 weeks too.

Other than that the show was grand. Maybe find something you all enjoy watching though. Listening to the show, it feels like 90% of the comments are negative. Maybe talk about your favorite matches, wrestlers, ppv's etc..

Hey at least I defended Matt Hardy much to the other 2's dismay :D

Hey at least I defended Matt Hardy much to the other 2's dismay :D

I appreciated that!

There was a lot of negativity because that week was piss poor in my honest opinion. Last weeks RAW was poor on so many levels, especially with all the money segments, Cena being brought back in the main event picture made both myself and Minto cringe with embarrassment. I didn't see ECW and SD was just horrendously bad.

I even had a hard time enjoying TNA last weekend. So when rubbish TV is presented in front of me, i can hardly lie and say "i enjoyed this week in wrestling!" So occasionally there'll be a negative show here and there. Because as Bobby Heenan once said "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t".

VR!

To be honest, every show (to be fair I didn't hear the last one) you do comes across as overly negative to me. I'm not saying everything is great. I'm not liking a whole a lot either but I find it hard to listen to a show with people being constantly negative about something they are supposed to enjoy. Go watch some matches of the Shawn Michaels dvd (or any dvd!) to bring a bit of positivity to it.

And breaking it up with comedy relating to Bret Hart's stroke, Daniel Benoit being one with nature and Eddie Guerrero and his toothbrush does nothing for me.

There were some good stuff last week though. Minto said he watched ECW. He breezed over the Kane/CM Punk match which was really good especially because I don't think many people would have expected it to be that good.

It's just my opinion though and I know it's alot harder than it looks to do these things well.

Well i'm all on for feedback Vince, positive and negative so i do appreciate you bringing this up. But you can't just watch a DVD after a bad show and expect it to block out a bad event, believe me, i've tried! I've a rake of vintage stuff, and it puts me in great mood, until i have to recap the crap i watched earlier! I'm many things, but i'm not a yes man. :)

As for the comedy bits, i still maintain Eddie would have found the simulator gag funny. :D

Regarding ECW, it's actually laziness on my part, i never get around to setting the timer for it. I might today.

But hey, if people think we're being too harsh on the product, come on the podcast with us and get your opinions on there, one of the complaints myself and Minto tend to get is that we tend to agree a lot. Reganio did a good job with likes of his defending of Matt Hardy while myself and Minto slated the hell out of him.

Opinion works both ways folks :)
    VR!

Good morning sports (entertainment) fans!

Tonight marks the most anticipated night in the wrestling calender. Tonight is the WWE Draft! We have been promised major changes and lets face it, we need some major shake-ups. On another, sadder note; yesterday, today and tomorrow mark the one year anniversary of probably the most shocking 3 days in recent memory for pro-wrestling fans. One year ago yesterday and today, Chris Benoit murdered his wife, son and ultimately took his own life.

Hopefully, wednesday night myself and VR will have a new show up and if I get my way, the draft won't be the only surprise in store! **cue secretive music**

Hopefully, wednesday night myself and VR will have a new show up and if I get my way, the draft won't be the only surprise in store! **cue secretive music**

Just so you know, it will be uploaded on the wednesday night after it's recorded and edited, and it will contain RAW spoilers, so if you haven't watched by then, wait a couple of days before downloading and listening.

(but do download and listen! ;) )
    VR!

Any news on this? Just back from England tonight and haven't seen Raw but have heard of some of the draftees. Would rather d/l your podcast and listen to that than watch Raw.

Any news on this? Just back from England tonight and haven't seen Raw but have heard of some of the draftees. Would rather d/l your podcast and listen to that than watch Raw.

Due to family commitments, Minto could do the show on Wednesdsay, so we've moved it to tonight, where it will be recorded, edited then uploaded.

We're sorry for the delay, but we actually didn't think anyone would notice ;)
    VR!

• Advertisement

Well after the delays, as promised, Here is Podcast VII - Happyland.
    With a little more positivity just for Vince ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/125453325/BPW_Podcast_VII_-_Happyland_.mp3.html

VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Can someone put this on megaupload as I cant download from rapidshare currently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

What do you mean TNA never recap? Most weeks including this week TNA start with recapping what happened the week before and when VR asked you did you say something about TNA you cowered away.

What do you mean TNA never recap? Most weeks including this week TNA start with recapping what happened the week before and when VR asked you did you say something about TNA you cowered away.

In his defense:
    And I didn't want to show up my broadcast partner, although to his credit. The only TNA Minto really watches is the occasional PPV, which explains his lack of input in TNA.

Also with the last podcast, we were running well into overtime and Minto had to dash! I think he actually did watch Impact the weekend beforehand, but with having 3 people on, we didn't get as much covered as we'd hoped. We also wasted the guts of about ten minutes between phone calls and other issues (some of which we threw on the end as an extra), which ate into our time.

So he does actually make the effort at times, it's like me with WWECW really.
    VR!

rovert wrote: »
    Can someone put this on megaupload as I cant download from rapidshare currently

Originally we tried megaupload when we couldn't get boards.ie to host the second one in a timely fashion, it crashed on us twice, and then the third time it crawled with the upload time. We swore we'd never use it again.

How come you're having problems with rapidshare?
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I think JB had a huge hand in setting up Hardcore Homecoming and the second one was even worse.

I think JB had a huge hand in setting up Hardcore Homecoming and the second one was even worse.

I remember having a real heated debate with a couple of ECW fans on the old IWW forum around 2005 just before ONS, as well as one with MNG here last year about ONS vs Hardcore Homecoming. HH was perfectly planned but poorly executed. It shouldn't have been done so close to WWE's event, it was going to lose by default that way. It should have waited a few months. I honestly believe it would have done better all around, but Shane Douglas was too busy trying to stick it to Vince McMahon... and failing... yet again!

That said, it still holds the attendance record for an independant event i think. So it wasn't a total washout.
    VR!

How come you're having problems with rapidshare?
    VR!

The picture frame that hosts the password shows a big dirty x and no picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've only listened to the first half so far but it's good stuff. I LOL'd at VR's comment about JR not remembering what he had for breakfast.

I would also worry about JR and Foley's chemistry. Styles and Cole seemed to be able to play off him quite well but I'm not sure if JR will be able to. He seems pretty pissed off to be on the show as well. :pac:

• Advertisement

The picture frame that hosts the password shows a big dirty x and no picture.

Ah i've seen that happen before. The prime cause is usually an overprotective software firewall or a crappy browser.

Try temporary disabling the firewall and refresh. The image should appear.

Firefox's popup blocker can cause that as well, try using IE to download it?
    VR!

Ah i've seen that happen before. The prime cause is usually an overprotective software firewall or a crappy browser.

Try temporary disabling the firewall and refresh. The image should appear.

Firefox's popup blocker can cause that as well, try using IE to download it?
    VR!

Can you please upload to here for me:

http://www.shareonall.com

I said please :(

Hope its all right with the lads but here's the podcast on Megaupload for you Rovert. Tried to use your thing but it got mad confusing.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AIP78WLR

Hope its all right with the lads but here's the podcast on Megaupload for you Rovert. Tried to use your thing but it got mad confusing.

Cool with me, but it's painful uploading to one site, without doing multiple uploads.

Of course, i'm also a lazy bastard. But i can't be bothered forking out for hosting.

VR!

Nah I agree with you.

Anyway, I thought the podcast was good. I prefered the going through the PPV's or big events rather than the set up as you have way to much room to ramble and usually go back to the 80's. I am not too fussed either way as I love the podcast and hopefully you lads are enjoying it and keep it up.

I didn't cower away, I was just mindful of time, I had a whole list of topics I wanted to cover and in the interest of time and the fact that it would be pointless having another TNA rant/rave session, I moved on!

• Advertisement

Nah I agree with you.

Anyway, I thought the podcast was good. I prefered the going through the PPV's or big events rather than the set up as you have way to much room to ramble and usually go back to the 80's. I am not too fussed either way as I love the podcast and hopefully you lads are enjoying it and keep it up.

Good to hear ya enjoyed it. The reason I wanted to move away from recapping TV shows is that so many podcasts do it, so us doing it is like pissing in the ocean: it has no overall effect! With VR's approval, I hope to recap PPVs, but not the weekly TV shows in future!

Anyone have any opinion on the sound clips we played? When we restarted the podcast, we promised Vince some oldskool promos, hence the Ric Flair promo and I've been watching lots of Muppet stuff on YouTube as of late, so I decided to through the grumpy old guys bit in!

Keep the reviews coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I thought it was an good one. One problem I would have though is VR telling everybody about a PM, bad bad form

PS, nice to see somebaody enjoyed the picture, that could have gone down very badly

Thanks
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    I thought it was an good one. One problem I would have though is VR telling everybody about a PM, bad bad form

Not really I got the same PM. At the time he sent it he had some major problems with the quality of his posts, his reading comphrension, assuming what people say (putting words in others mouths almost refusing to quote directly) etc yet he thought we were the ones with the problem.

Bubs101 wrote: »

If it was of a more sensitive nature, it would have been bad form, however this was, well let's just say reeking of someone who couldn't handle an opposing opinion at all, even rovert agrees with me on that one. Trust me, it's not as bad as you're making it out, take our word for it. :)
    PS, nice to see somebaody enjoyed the picture, that could have gone down very badly

After me, reganio and minto ragging on Bret, the Benoit's and Eddie in the last podcast, trust me, that photo was mild by comparison.

Glad you enjoyed the show.
    VR!

I honestly really enjoyed the show. The Ric Flair promo was well chosen and perfect quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I'm stuck on bollix dial-up untill I go back to college in September, can't listen to any of these. I really want to hear the one with all the Bret Hart and Chris Benoit jokes! Do that some more so all the sensative people will get up in arms about it! And what's this about a PM? ****in dial-up, I hate it

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I'm stuck on bollix dial-up untill I go back to college in September, can't listen to any of these. I really want to hear the one with all the Bret Hart and Chris Benoit jokes! Do that some more so all the sensative people will get up in arms about it! And what's this about a PM? ****in dial-up, I hate it

You can download em on dialup, but they'll take about 2 to 2 and a half hours as they're about 20-30mb. But it's doable, we all downloaded large files on dialup back in days before broadband.

The one with the jokes was Podcast VI, it should still be available on rapidshare for another while.

Also i still have all of them on my laptop here, so i can upload em back on request.

VR!

I honestly really enjoyed the show. The Ric Flair promo was well chosen and perfect quality.

Cheers, that actually means a lot given your critical nature (and thats not a bad thing). With regard's the promos and sound clips, the credit goes to Minto on that one, he's the one responsible for the general direction of the show, while i'm responsible for the recording, the intros and outros.

We've done alright in the last few months as a two man team i think anyway. :)
    VR!

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I'm stuck on bollix dial-up

In 2008 :eek:

Cheers, that actually means a lot given your critical nature (and thats not a bad thing). With regard's the promos and sound clips, the credit goes to Minto on that one, he's the one responsible for the general direction of the show, while i'm responsible for the recording, the intros and outros.

Then Minto will know what I mean when I say drops on the boardcast shows on blogtalkradio = EPIC FAIL.

Then Minto will know what I mean when I say drops on the boardcast shows on blogtalkradio = EPIC FAIL.

I get the epic fail bit, but not the blogtalkradio part, care to elaborate (even over PM, I promise I won't reveal it's contents on the next podcast :p)?

I get the epic fail bit, but not the blogtalkradio part, care to elaborate (even over PM, I promise I won't reveal it's contents on the next podcast :p)?

Hah i originally had blogtalkradio in mind to host this last year, recommended by some moron who reckoned it was the bees knees. Needless to say, we advertised it for 10pm that night, only to find it didn't want to broadcast.

It was horrible, a horrible experience!
    VR!

Have ever listened to Kid Zombie's podcast? He uses F4W's drop board (GET YOUR OWN STUFF!) but the difference between that show and Bryan & Vinny is the drop takes ten seconds to load up (cue dead air) while being really low so you cant hear it properly. Thank god you dont have any of those problems.

Have ever listened to Kid Zombie's podcast? He uses F4W's drop board (GET YOUR OWN STUFF!) but the difference between that show and Bryan & Vinny is the drop takes ten seconds to load up (cue dead air) while being really low so you cant hear it properly. Thank god you dont have any of those problems.

We generally don't have a lot of sound issues because we do about 5 minutes worth of mic checks and connection checks (for the drops) before we start recording. Occasionally we've had to stop recording and start again because of skype issues, but we patch them together afterwards. Those with sharp hearing will notice it but most people aren't bothered by that.

Although i did make the rookie mistake of putting the mic into the headphone socket and vice versa on the previous cast and nearly deafened not only myself but the apartment block because the feedback still came out through the speakers.

Hah that one a disaster from a creation and reception standpoint. That said i'd like to get Reganio_2 on again at some stage, maybe we'll get more than 10 words out of him this time (just kidding mate!) :)

VR!

Haha fecker, yeah I would love to come back and do one whenever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement