Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards PW podcast?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Okay, okay which one of you are a PIL fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

rovert wrote: »
    Okay, okay which one of you are a PIL fan?

Guilty as charged! I got their best of... so far album last week and was listening to it quite a lot. I thought the lyrics were quite fitting to my train of thought when it comes to what i say "i could be wrong, i could be right" , "you never listen to a word i say".. etc. As for using them two podcasts in a row, just coincidence.

VR!

Guilty as charged! I got their best of... so far album last week and was listening to it quite a lot. I thought the lyrics were quite fitting to my train of thought when it comes to what i say "i could be wrong, i could be right" , "you never listen to a word i say".. etc. As for using them two podcasts in a row, just coincidence.

VR!

I used that album as my soundtrack to my insanity during my college exams.

I used that album as my soundtrack to my insanity during my college exams.

Was gonna use "Don't Ask Me" for the next one as well! But seeing as someone noticed (proof, Minto that people DO pay attention to the intros and outros!), we'll have to change it.

After all, we wouldn't want to be predictable now, would we? ;)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

(proof, Minto that people DO pay attention to the intros and outros!)

Yea, but do they listen close enough? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Minto wrote: »
    Yea, but do they listen close enough? ;)

Yes :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

This was my first time listening to this pod cast and it was surprisingly entertaining ads I don’t really like to listen to any wrestling radio and the like. Their was a few minor and I stress minor complaints…
    Minto sounds horrendously like Bob Geldolf who I despise and when he started talking about Kofi Kingston and I feared the worst once he started talking about Kofi Kingston…
    VR do you kiss your ma with those lips? And Umaga a three moved wonder?!!!!
    Also when discussing decent recent intercontinental champions why no mention of Nitro, Jeff or Y2J? :confused:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    VR do you kiss your ma with those lips? And Umaga a three moved wonder?!!!!

You're reminding me of Biff Tannen from Back to the future, getting your sayings wrong, the saying you're looking for is "Kiss your mother with that mouth", refering to someone's bad language. And i'm still more civilised than Dana White :D I still stand by my thoughts on Umaga btw.
    Also when discussing decent recent intercontinental champions why no mention of Nitro, Jeff or Y2J? :confused:

Nitro's singles run after being moved to RAW, i felt was horribly over-rated. Y2J's intercontinental reigns bored me to tears and Jeff was just a case of been there, seen that a few years earlier.

Glad you enjoyed the show though.
    VR!

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Minto sounds horrendously like Bob Geldolf

Firstly, F*CK YOU! :D:D:D

Now, onto your second comment, they haven't held World (ECW doesn't count, sorry ECW marks) titles, so why would we have talked about them when we were talking about the last great IC champs who later moved onto World title glory? If and I really mean IF Nitro and Jeff win World titles, we could revisit the issue!

Yay Bryan has returned to the BOARD~!

Lads I hope you do a podcast this week burying Raw.

• Advertisement

Always knew that mexicant was full of crap. :)
    No podcast this week lads, neither of us have much in the way of time.

But trust me, if RAW sucked (and knowing WWE, it probably did), it won't go unnoticed next week ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I gave a link to the admin on a wrestling site I am on (http://wwefan.freeforums.org/index.php) Cheap plug :D. He asked me to to say well done and asked ye to sign up on the forum.

He also said I should talk more :D

Anyone been the F4W forums recently?

not really, any links I should check out?

Don't feed the troll Minto. :)
    VR!

not really, any links I should check out?

Christ they introduced a moderated Wrestling Observer board beside the whacky F4W board. People are quitting left and right or getting banned by posting cock pics in the moderated area. Not to mention the moderators Bryan chose the power has all gone to their heads. As they all hold grudges with various people so they delete genuine posts and topics of their enemies. Also alot of angry former members have started their own forum.

Bryan did handle the change over really badly and Ill go into it tomorrow. He is a ****.

For example a poster who was on the site for two months and who never made a post posted:
    cotarapimi wrote:
    theo-paphitis.jpg

I'm out.

Ive only been a member a few months and love the content but I cannot allow myself to keep giving my money to such an arrogant operation, so I have joined the ranks of cancellations.

Not that Bryan gives a ****.

What the f*ck does this have to do with the podcast?
    Own topic please?

VR!

What the f*ck does this have to do with the podcast?
    Own topic please?

VR!

I know sorry we talked about it before here and I thought you of people would get a kick out of it. Also it isnt like you dont bring the site up every podcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If you want to talk about the F4W forum then start a different thread about it

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    If you want to talk about the F4W forum then start a different thread about it

I will but look at previous posts even this page.

Well we did it, after three weeks we came up with another podcast.
    Podcast IX - The nice show!: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2EH9DVHZ

Just for you, rovert, we've moved to megaupload. :D
    Our guest on our nice show, was not a nice guy, he was THE nice guy, Mr Nice Guy.
    So be nice to him. :)

Finally, we would like to apologise for the poor sound quality on Minto's side of the conversation, sadly Skype did not want to play ball tonight, but we had no other free night to record.

VR!

Cool glad to see another one. Downloading it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sorry to any listeners if I didn't articulate my thoughts too well. I was a bit nervous but VR and Minto kept everything flowing thankfully. :)

Sorry to any listeners if I didn't articulate my thoughts too well. I was a bit nervous but VR and Minto kept everything flowing thankfully. :)

Nerves happen dude, you handled yourself well all the same. The other week i was listening to the one myself and Minto did, our very first one. We were bundles of nerves doing it.

Also going on a podcast with two other people for the first time can be a little overwhelming, regarding trying to get words in, if you're not forceful, you could get left in the cold.

But the door is definitely open for more :)
    VR!

Im the one who ran Bryan off his own board. I threatened him with emailing Dave Meltzer as he was being a prick.

bryanbargraph.gif

• Advertisement

Let's call a spade, a spade, you didn't exactly run him from his board, he came back about two days later.*

I do like that picture though. I'm actually quite proud of my Alvarez impersonation. :D

*source = rovert.
    VR!

WHAT RUMOURED PUNK/Y2J MATCH AT SUMMERSLAM?

PROOF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Good show, fair play to ye lads.

PROOF?

Rumoured right here!

Not a chance in hell of it happening

PROOF?

The one Bounty Hunter started on the Summerslam 08 spoilers thread :D
    VR!

• Advertisement

Good show lads. I enjoyed it. MNG I wouldn't worry about not saying much you said more than me and I (Somehow) got invited back. I liked the way it kept going off track though as tbh, their wasn't much to talk about in the WWE lately. Good show again.

I've actually heard the rumor about Y2J and CP Munk (just for you VR, lol) on a few different forums.

I've actually heard the rumor about Y2J and CP Munk (just for you VR, lol) on a few different forums.

What the WRESTLESCOOP forum or the like?

It was a RUMOUR... We know it has a snowballs chance in hell of it happening.
    So what do you care where he read it? Let it go, dude.

VR!

It was a RUMOUR... We know it has a snowballs chance in hell of it happening.
    So what do you care where he read it? Let it go, dude.

VR!

As was probably in the thread entitled SHAWN MICHAELS CAREER IS OVER over at Fan Nation or something.

What the WRESTLESCOOP forum or the like?

No, I'm pretty sure it was on The Board (F4Ws)!

But you were under no obligation to post rumours from that board... and there will be a price increase! ;)

VR!

LINK fagot

Quit being a dick, rovert.
    VR!

I haven't had a chance to listen to this podcast, do you talk about the Figure Four board on it?

And rovert, don't bring any in-jokes from that board over here or you're treading on thin ice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

TNA are apparently set to turn a profit this year due to projected profits from the game, financial support from Spike and house show revenue. The whole Kaz thing is based around the fact that he couldn't win the Ultimate X for TNA. And yes I do love TNA even though it does have its flaws, so does every wrestling company, but I don't watch it for its negatives, I watch it for its positives.

TNA are apparently set to turn a profit this year due to projected profits from the game, financial support from Spike and house show revenue.

The house shows are huge money losers hence why Hermie Sadler doesn’t run them anymore. The only way they are making money is from auxiliary revenue not from its core business. Its core business has shown no growth.
    And yes I do love TNA even though it does have its flaws, so does every wrestling company, but I don't watch it for its negatives, I watch it for its positives.

But much of negatives impinge the positives though. You can’t compartmentalise them for example the editing and commentary is horrible. The booking consistently ruins characters and my interest.

Personally I love Don West, his enthusiasm is unparalleled and true Keith Mitchell will be forever known as the production man who missed the most camera shots ever.

Personally I love Don West, his enthusiasm is unparalleled

I like it too. He has improved but he is still phony sounding. Don and Mike talking over wrestlers ticks me off. As well as both being scripted to be dumber than fans watching.

They need a third heel commentator to balance things out a little and help the heels get over, though Storm and Roode are doing a good job of that themselves.

They need a third heel commentator to balance things out a little and help the heels get over, though Storm and Roode are doing a good job of that themselves.
    Don West wrote: »
    They need a third heel commentator to balance things out a little and help the heels get over, though Storm and Roode are doing a good job of that themselves, Mike.

:D

To the back, JB with BeerMoney. (Sorry couldn't resist).

Fozzy wrote: »
    I haven't had a chance to listen to this podcast, do you talk about the Figure Four board on it?

Minto brought it up briefly and i did an Alvarez impersonation, then we moved on.
    VR!

LINK fagot

Firstly, I'm not Bryan Alvarez, nor am I a fagot, so shut the hell up with the personal abuse!

Secondly, I'm not gonna waste what precious little time I have at the moment looking through tones of sh*t on that forum just to post you a link. If I come across it again anytime soon, I'll post it, if not I suppose you can just rant about you being right.

• Advertisement

Minto brought it up briefly and i did an Alvarez impersonation, then we moved on.
    VR!

When you stop talking about it on the show I'll ask rovert to stop talking about it here :pac:

The "fagot" thing is a sort of term of affection (if you can call it that) on the Figure Four board from what I've seen, so I don't see any intent in what rovert said, but still, I've asked him not to do it again

Advertisement