Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isn't it about time for a BETA?

Options
  • 20-09-2007 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Usually september brings with it a beta of the upcoming FM game.

So what's the deal this year? Are we getting one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

There is a beta of FM live which is likely to be the release for this winter with a possible early 2008 release for FM 2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Demo for FM 2008 is out on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

eirebhoy wrote:
    Demo for FM 2008 is out on Sunday.

Yep - can't wait! Wonder if the site will go into meltdown with the demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

1 version is available on the sigames site and the other is available on newsoftheworld.co.uk. Not sure which version is where but i think news of the world has the Vanilla version and sigames has the Strawberry

Play.com are still quoting the release date as 19/10/07. Has this changed or was there a date set at all?

• Advertisement

So are Blahdvd.com (where i've pre-ordered it from). These are supplier estimated dates though - it'll either be that date or a week later.... either or we're going to have to wait!!

So are Blahdvd.com (where i've pre-ordered it from). These are supplier estimated dates though - it'll either be that date or a week later.... either or we're going to have to wait!!
    ah dont say that i've gotten my hopes up now and i dunno how long i'll survive with the demo version only

jobonar wrote:
    ah dont say that i've gotten my hopes up now and i dunno how long i'll survive with the demo version only

What time on Sunday will this Demo be available i wonder??

What time on Sunday will this Demo be available i wonder??
    Not sure but i assume early enuf. Its being advertised in the news of the world so i'd say it'll be up from early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Anyone seen or heard of what price it'll be in bricks & mortor shops? along with release date?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tomdadude

The release date is on the sigames website(www.sigames.com).It says october 20th for the PC/mac.Console versions not until "before christmas".

tomdadude wrote:
    The release date is on the sigames website(www.sigames.com).It says october 20th for the PC/mac.Console versions not until "before christmas".

Look again mate - that release date was for FM2007. Oct 20th 2006.
    No definite release date for FM2008 - Oct 19th has been speculated on - all we've really heard is "before Christmas".

Keith C wrote:
    Anyone seen or heard of what price it'll be in bricks & mortor shops? along with release date?
    Its usually around €50 in the shops maybe €55.

Usually €49.99 in Smyths and GAME from what i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It's usually 45 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tomdadude

Look again mate - that release date was for FM2007. Oct 20th 2006.
    No definite release date for FM2008 - Oct 19th has been speculated on - all we've really heard is "before Christmas".

You're right.that's ridiculous having an almost year old advertisement on the site.I saw october 19th as well on a few websites offering pre-orders on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

they could do with sorting out that site, it's all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Nice one. Currently downloading the vanilla version. I might grab the strawberry one tomorrow when using UCD internet! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Have started a game with Man City but haven't progessed yet. Just looking around the new screen stuff. Some inital impressions...

The Good:

- Calendar is a nice addition
    - Clubs now have long-term expectations (2-yr / 5 yr plans) :)
    - Ability to move excess wage budget to transfer budget is a godsend. I usually kepp wage quite low. So extra money to spend...yipee!
    - The Statisical overview for each competition is excellent. Everything on one screen.
    - Finally, a counter for Days to Gain Nationality.
    - There now appears to be a split between Other News and Club News / Msgs (Inbox)

The Bad:

- The new Skin is horrifc-looking :/ Has to be seen to be believed.
    - Training module doesn't appear to have been tweaked at all?

• Advertisement

damn fm site is down as is the SI site must be getting hammered

SofaKing wrote:
    Have started a game with Man City but haven't progessed yet. Just looking around the new screen stuff. Some inital impressions...

The Good:

- Calendar is a nice addition
    - Clubs now have long-term expectations (2-yr / 5 yr plans) :)
    - Ability to move excess wage budget to transfer budget is a godsend. I usually kepp wage quite low. So extra money to spend...yipee!
    - The Statisical overview for each competition is excellent. Everything on one screen.
    - Finally, a counter for Days to Gain Nationality.
    - There now appears to be a split between Other News and Club News / Msgs (Inbox)

The Bad:

- The new Skin is horrifc-looking :/ Has to be seen to be believed.
    - Training module doesn't appear to have been tweaked at all?
    Very happy with the new additions although that advisor thing was pissing me off for a while until i realised it could just be turned off altogether lol.

The skin is horrible alright. Hopefully there might be a different one with the full game.

So far so good....

Downloaded and installed the Strawberry version yesterday morning.
    Can't really comment thusfar on the game as i've only given it about 30 mins max.

Took control at Liverpool - played a friendly without making any training changes etc.... beat AC Milan 3-1.

Been reading on the FM2008 forums however that there is an incredible amount of "stupid play" going on in the game - own goals, disallowed goals, 2 keepers in goal to save a peno - stuff that really needs to be ironed out before the official launch IMO.

Plus - Liverpools 3rd Kit shows up as the Yellow kit on the game - whereas it's now the black kit - and Gary Ablett is the Assistant Manager in the game, whereas he really is the reserve team coach.

is it me or is gameplay slower?

I usually play games at the highest speed with no highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

OK, further impressions since ive tried the Match Engine.

It's disappointing to say the least...

- Closing Down settings appear broken :S Does anyone else see this? - my DM just backs off and backs off as the oppositions MC casually makes his way to my box - even with Closing Down set to the max - im baffled.

- Seems to be far too many rebounds off the woodwork

- Agree with dubmick - pace of the gams appear slower. (im using the same speed settings as FM07)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

besty wrote:
    Nice one. Currently downloading the vanilla version. I might grab the strawberry one tomorrow when using UCD internet! :p
    what's the difference?

evil_seed wrote:
    what's the difference?
    vanilla ia basic with just the english and scottish leagues with no extras. Strawberry has a few more leagues as well as pictures, facegen and the extras. Strawberry is also about 300mb bigger than the Vanilla

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I must say I like it. It seems to run alot smoother and it seems quicker. That might just be down to running from a quick start though.

I don't think a quikstart would have anything to do with the game running quicker as really all you are doing is running a saved game that was never played.

• Advertisement

besty wrote:
    I must say I like it. It seems to run alot smoother and it seems quicker. That might just be down to running from a quick start though.

the quickstarts are running from a small database of players and this would naturally improve speed.

I usually play a medium or large database and three or four nations leagues so the speed would be much faster if your like me

Advertisement