Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating in Limerick

Options
  • 20-09-2007 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

In Limerick for the foreseeable future. Don't know anybody. 29 year old male.
    Whats the story? Suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

There was someone on here a couple weeks ago, talking about the speed dating nights on in Aubars. How would that suit? Either that, or the plain old 'Join a club/Do a course and meet people' route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LK_78

I've looked at the speed dating thingy but there doesn't seam to have one coming up. The thing with joining a course etc is that the courses I like to do, girls don't have any interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 city girl

Take a dance class; there are loads of different ones from which to choose. Force yourself. Always tons of women there and very few men. Better, surely, to be tripping the light fandango than asking someone to pass you the monkey wrench.

A dance class you say.................I take it you haven't met lefty 1 and lefty 2 and the shin kicker brothers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I think you should ask "city girl" out ..... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I agree with hobie , we haven't had a wedding yet on this forum and I could do with a night out .

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Get a part time job in one of the busier pubs in town. It worked for me when I was in Cork for a few weeks. You'll meet new co-workers, talk to ladies when your sober and they're not and you'll be out on Friday & Saturday night...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

just walk up to someone and say hi, then take it from there, works most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

krudler wrote:
    just walk up to someone and say hi, then take it from there, works most of the time

foolproof on Saturday and Sunday mornings at 2:30am on O'Connell St

if you a friend of same-sex relationships try bar3 in bedford row

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

usually waving a kebab at someone is a foolproof way of scoring at that hour on o'connell st

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

krudler wrote:

Or better still just say ...

"I've been stung by a wasp ....what should I do"

That will certainly get the conversation going .... :p

ps. and guess what ...... a $$$$$$$$ Wasp stung me on the wrist yesterday morning and it still hurts like hell .... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If I'm hazarding the right guess at what you're doing in Limerick "for the foreseeable" - I'm guessing Garda by the username, you could try wearing your uniform to a night club, there's always people who think the uniform is attractive.;)

If I'm wrong, back to square one

Reel the over active imagination in there ninty9er. Not in the public sector in any shape or fashion.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

My gf of 4 years just left me last week and to be honest I'm totally crushed. She says she needs space on her own and that I should move on. Haven't been single since I was 17 (literally meet someone new within a few days of breaking up and generally last a few years - i've been very lucky) so just wondering - should I move on or give her a few weeks to see if she changes her mind? Most of our mates were both of our mates so can't really go out on the town with them, so is it ok to go on the pull on your own?

I know most of you are thinking it's only been a week mate, hang on ya. But
    1. I'm planning for a few weeks ahead
    2. I can't stand being on my own. It's driving me mad.

Sorry if I sound pretty pathetic, at the moment I very much am.

-RD

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Move on id say, plenty more fish in the sea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If all else fails, swinging is alarmingly popular in Limerick :D

Not really a swinger to be honest (though maybe MFF should the situation ever arise but where do we find some bi-curious lesbians these days :D). Was out the other night but, wow, why is everyone so young? I felt like a grandpa out there. The girls were all either 18-19 or from foreign countries (do not mind foreign girls but looking for something that might last longer than 6 months tbh). Where do I meet girls closer to my own age? (27)

Now for the "OMG he's such a schizo" question. While I had a good time, met some nice girls and had a laugh, I didn't feel right chatting up people. TBH it felt like cheating on my ex (and I know she broke up with me and I'm free and she's free but is it mad to really just want her back?). Is this something I will just get over or does it mean I should try and see if my ex and I could maybe work things out?

-RD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭StarryBud

Hi Ron,

I haven't a clue what to tell you but you might want to post this in the Personal Issues forum too - tons of people with opinions on such matters there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

Get yourself into Teds on a saturday nite, you'll get your boots filled in there
    Also, try and go out with some workmates, people tend to notice other people who are on their own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ipanema

Well, if the waving the kebab approach hasn't worked :D, there's speed dating on the 16th November, pretty good way of meeting lots of people ;).

It's for 25-35yrs, so you know they will all be around your age too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 betty69

I am in the situation ron.With my boyfriend since I was18 and we just broke up after 5 yeARS.It is nearly 2 months now and it's tough getting out there.

betty69 wrote: »
    I am in the situation ron.With my boyfriend since I was18 and we just broke up after 5 yeARS.It is nearly 2 months now and it's tough getting out there.

betty, where do you frequent on a saturday nite. i find this makes all the difference

Thanks Betty, it just sucks doesn't it? It's been nearly 2 months now and much as I hate all the people being right it does get easier. Not that I don't miss her, I do but I can think about being with someone else now at this stage. I think it's a confidence thing also. When you get dumped you just feel so low that the thought of actually chatting to someone seems so overwhelming.

Have had a few great nights out over he last few months and strange as this will sound have been going to Bar3 (it's quite close to my house - not to pick up guys!! :D) and have had a ball there. Pool table, good music and for a gay bar a surprisingly high number of straight girls!! :D The Cornmarket up near the Milk Market is also great craic on a Thursday night and if you're on a bit of a pub crawl Mojos, Mollys, Charlies and Nestors are all good for a laugh.

I am from county Limerick but have been out a bit since it happened. I used to stay local but because we live near to each other and have the same friends I am avoiding there.It is easier for lads to go out as most of my friends are in relationships and they don't go out every weekend.

well if you live up to your username you should have no hassle pulling emot-tip-wink.gif

emot-quagmire.gif

I guesss your male?? im a dark horse....

Najinsky?

Sorry haven't a clue what that word means?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

betty69 wrote: »
    Sorry haven't a clue what that word means?

It's the name of a famous horse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Horses are ****in savage :D *whips out the violin*

Advertisement