Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarising Things Happen... right?

Options
  • 20-09-2007 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

The other morning, i went to collect my bike from O'Connell Street. i left it there over night because i had a few pints and didn't wanna kill myself cycling home.
    As it happened my bike was gone, which pissed me off. so i ranted at everyone i know about what scum there is in this city.

later that day my girlfriend spotted my bike locked up beside the IFI.
    turns out i had forgotten that i had moved my bike before going to the pub.
    Since then the jokes have been relentless!

i NEED someone to say that it's happened to them as well...
    it can't just be me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

that is just genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Tyrrial wrote:
    ...later that day my girlfriend spotted my bike locked up beside the IFI.
    turns out i had forgotten that i had moved my bike before going to the pub.
    Since then the jokes have been relentless!

it can't just be me!

Flatmate had same thing, thought it was on O'Connell St, ranted, girlfriend saw it parked outside Cafe Irie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Hope you turned yourself in ,you thief ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Tyrrial wrote:
    it can't just be me!

Yeah been there, done that, but with a car :o

I was walking down to Pearse street to report it stolen and there it was parked on Townsend street - I've still no memory of leaving it there after work and most of the rest of the night is a blank...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Yeah done it before to a certain extent. moved it while changing places to drink and can't remember where afterwards. The othe thing was walking home and waking up not remembering where the hell I was the night before let alone where I left my bike. The odd time I've gone to collect it in places and thought it was pinched. After a few seconds of panic I'd remember I'd moved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Yep, done it twice.
    First time i'd locked it in the little courtyard of donnybrook garda station. Went mad and gave out sh1t to a very nice ban garda, reported it as stolen when i calmed down. Found it a couple of days later outside Abrakebabra. Didn't have the nerve to go back to the station and cancel the report.
    That was about 3 years ago and i still get slagging form my mate who was with me when we found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

If the bike is still officially stolen, a particularly vigilant cop might yet arrest you for its theft.

But probably not.
    DavyD_83 wrote:
    Yep, done it twice.
    First time i'd locked it in the little courtyard of donnybrook garda station. Went mad and gave out sh1t to a very nice ban garda, reported it as stolen when i calmed down. Found it a couple of days later outside Abrakebabra. Didn't have the nerve to go back to the station and cancel the report.
    That was about 3 years ago and i still get slagging form my mate who was with me when we found it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

DavyD_83 wrote:
    Yep, done it twice.

that makes me feel a lot better.. thanks :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

good going! :)

Advertisement