Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Saturday

Options
  • 20-09-2007 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭

What's happening with this? Btw Des, the foot is much better today. Not sure if I'll be able to train but should be ok for Monday fingers crossed. I'll still be there Sat no matter what.

I reckon we need to concentrate on both offensive and defensive set pieces. Most teams are pretty weak defensively and we should be trying to get as many goals from these scenarios as possible. Also, there's still a lot of indecision about who takes set pieces in certain areas of the pitch. We should have one player on the right and one player on the left who takes frees. Ed can take the more central ones and those frees behind half way. Corners then should be taken by those who can whip in the best ball. Everyone should try take a few saturday to see if they've an undiscovered talent for whipping in a good ball. :D

Any thoughts lads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Pretty sure Des said Saturday 2pm at the cross in phoenix park.

I'm actually struggling to walk this week with the shin splints so will be doing non-impact work in the gym, but will attend the training for any tactics and set-piece work, and throw my old favourite of throw-ins into Martin's list and you've got a decent agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

i'm on for sat 2pm. that's 3, lets start counting

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

Can't make Saturday at 2. I've a game for my club at 3 in Rathfarnham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

No need to count/. most people said theyd be there. it was agreed on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Rain will make it likely we can't use Phoenix Park - it might be wise to book an astro pitch of some sort.

• Advertisement

Tonight's Weather
    Tonight will be dry with clear spells. Lowest temperatures of 5 to 9 degrees, coldest in south Leinster and east Munster

today's weather Tomorrow
    Mostly dry on Saturday with bright or sunny spells, the best of these in the Leinster and Munster. Thickening cloud will bring rain to the west and northwest in the evening. Highest temperatures of 15 to 18 degrees with south to southwest winds freshening and becoming strong in the northwest later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thanks for that Shay, looks like we can use the pheno alright.

Can I have a lift tomorrow?

Yeah, 1:25pm, usual? ??

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

i've been off work today with an eye infection so doubt I can play tomorrow, i'll still come along to shout encouragement at ye though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

as i said on monday, im off home for the weekend. hope ye have a good one.

OK lads, that was a really good session, let's keep them up now.

Some good drill work, and a very good tactics chat, with input from a few people.

no-one needs to keep quiet at these things.

If you feel the need to say something, then do, if you need to ask a question, ask it. No-one will think less of you. In fact, if there's something you don't understand, we'll think less of you for NOT asking, then messing up in a game :)

A lot of running today, which is to increase the fitness levels. I've no problem with people dropping out of drills if they need a breather, do push yourselves, but don't over do it.

Think about what we spoke about with regards to positioning and set up when we are attacking and defending.

Well done lads, same again next week when we'll concentrate on set pieces, and do more passing and fitness work.

How many people turned up?

Was hoping I could make it myself to try force my way into the team given that I wasn't at the first game but I did manage to get my first 90 minutes in 3 weeks which I badly needed.

There 14 or 15 there. Decent numbers.

I expect more next week.

Will you be at the match tomorrow?

Yep wouldn't miss the big derby game.

I'm sure you'll see me there anyway, not like there'll be many people there.

Advertisement