Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ram and Video Card Question

Options
  • 20-09-2007 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi I am looking to get more RAM and a new Video Card for my computer.

I want a Video Card that can handle most games pretty well. I'm not to sure on how to install it though but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I know how to install RAM, I currently have 256mb RAM and I am looking to get around 1Gig.

How much would this cost me, Just a rough estimate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Hi I am looking to get more RAM and a new Video Card for my computer.

I want a Video Card that can handle most games pretty well. I'm not to sure on how to install it though but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I know how to install RAM, I currently have 256mb RAM and I am looking to get around 1Gig.

How much would this cost me, Just a rough estimate?

It depends on what type of ram you have...given you only have 256 i'm guessing its an older system and in terms of graphics cards if its an older system you probably have a slot for the graphics card called an agp slot. These have been since replaced by pci express slots but getting a graphics card for an agp isn't that hard as they are still available. Post up your spec and we can give you a better idea.

(if you can install ram you can install a graphics card no probs;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

AMD Sempron(tm) 2800+
    2.00 GHz Performance Rated at 2.80 GHz
    256 MB RAM
    VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP (VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP) - Video Card
    DirectX9
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology, Model no. 7VM333M-RZ

Advertisement