Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music through arts

• 20-09-2007 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi I was just wondering if anyone here is currently doing or has done music through an arts degree? I'm just wondering what's involved, what are the lecturers like, is it a good course and are the people usually friendly? As I am undecided as to chose this or philosophy for my third subject....
    Thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The lecturers in first year are Paddy Devine for your theory stuff and Allison Hoode for the history side.They both know their stuff and are really helpful. It's a good course and is quite broad in scope.

I'd say go for it, it's what I'm doing an Arts degree for and I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Hi I was just wondering if anyone here is currently doing or has done music through an arts degree? I'm just wondering what's involved, what are the lecturers like, is it a good course and are the people usually friendly? As I am undecided as to chose this or philosophy for my third subject....
    Thanks!:)

I did music through arts for the first two years then I changed to pure music.
    The music department are great. Although you do alot less music as an arts than as a BMus student I found. First year you'll have History of Western Music normally with Alison Hood and Harmony with Paddy Devine. I can't remember what else I had for first year music. Second year there's more choice on the modules. But all the staff are really friendly and helpful so I'd definately recommend going for music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

Thanks for the replies! Music it is so!:D

Advertisement