Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery times ?

Options
  • 20-09-2007 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Does anybody have an idea as to the actual length of time it is currently taking for Glock to deliver a new firearm from Austria to a local dealer?

I know of three people who are presently waiting up to a month after giving the new FC's and Article 7's to a dealer, and I was curious.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

All I know is that generally parcel post can be anything from 2 days to a week from that area.

A month seems to be excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Two or three recently took about 5 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

If you want a pistol quickly (Glock or whatever) simply buy it in Northern Ireland. All of the RFDs in ROI do that because they can not import directly. They then have to make some money so they will have to charge you more than the Northern Ireland price. Also it is more proiftable if they pick up sevral pistols from the north at the same time, this leads to further delays. It is quite simple to buy a firearm in the north, the hardest part is getting your ROI firearms certificate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

It's just as easy to get it from mainland Europe as it is from the north. Same rules apply and it will be posted directly to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

ironsight wrote:
    Does anybody have an idea as to the actual length of time it is currently taking for Glock to deliver a new firearm from Austria to a local dealer?

I know of three people who are presently waiting up to a month after giving the new FC's and Article 7's to a dealer, and I was curious.
    Did you manage to get a FAC after for the glock? I remember you had a lot of trouble with the super.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭ironsight

Yes Bond 007.... i got it in the end, once the solicitors letter hit his desk to inform him we were going to court, I got it the next day.. rather strange that isnt it.

Mine took about a week to arrive, but I know of 2 guys waiting almost 5 weeks now for theirs to come into the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

It's just as easy to get it from mainland Europe as it is from the north. Same rules apply and it will be posted directly to you.

Yes you are correct. The north can be a little easier to deal with if the firearm develops a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

fishdog wrote:
    Yes you are correct. The north can be a little easier to deal with if the firearm develops a problem.

True. However in most cases you will likely be returning the firearm or part of it to the amnufacturer/distributer anyway. If you recall that rather "spectacular" failure of my Glock I had to return the receiver directly to Glock in Austria. Brand new receiver was returned to me in about three weeks FOC.

Advertisement