Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Rugby...

Options
  • 20-09-2007 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

My original posting which was removed is included below. I've also included the opening paragraph in Trevor Brennan's column in todays Times.
    I've been banned from posting to the rugby thread, probably because the truth hurts...

My original posting... The reason this Rugby team is so brutal is because it's the only "team" in the competition without a National Anthem and without a National Flag.

They are passionless and they deserve all they get.

SHAME on the irfu and you supporters for putting up with it. Pathetic !

Trevor Brennan writes in todays Irish Times...

"Setting the right mental mood, pressing the right mental buttons, can be critical. Singing Amhrán na bhFiann always fired me up. You take pride in your National Anthem. The French have La Marseillaise, the song which asks the soldiers to walk together to beat the enemy and the need for the blood of the enemy to fertilise their soil. In comparison Ireland's Call is weak and wouldn't even fire up Barnhall under 12s. If the Irish rugby team is such a unique political and historical entity, then the IRFU should insist on both songs being played."

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Ah cop on. Nobody on the rugby forum wants your rubbish, go set up your own forum and rant all you want there.

Stop wasting our bandwith with your crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Well if Trevor Brennan thinks it, I'd say it has to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I heard this bull**** raised by plenty of people, and if our national team needs a violent anthem to get them fired up, then they lack the skill to complete in a major competition.

It's a thinly veiled excuse to drag up some nationalist bigoted bull****, I suspect no-one on the Rugby forum wants to hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Fair play to the mods. The less of this pointless rubbish that we have to read the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Amz wrote:
    Ah cop on. Nobody on the rugby forum wants your rubbish, go set up your own forum and rant all you want there.

Stop wasting our bandwith with your crap.

Exactly!

Bring on the cats..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Plus, and i think this is the most relevant point, the Irish rugby team does NOT represent a nation, it represents the island of Ireland, which is made up of The Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland...

Good riddance from the rugby forum I say..

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

dulpit wrote:
    Plus, and i think this is the most relevant point, the Irish rugby team does NOT represent a nation, it represents the island of Ireland, which is made up of The Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland...

Seeing as you want to be pedantic: the Island of Ireland consists of two countries - Ireland and Northern Ireland. See http://www.irlgov.ie/aboutireland/eng/irstate.asp

Now, back to the cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Trev rules.
    He bought me a pint the last time I bumped into him.

/name drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

serious_cat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Why has he only one post including the one on this thread?
    Odd unless all his other posts have been deleted or he's a re-reg.
    He needs to learn to pick his fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Only one cat?, more needed, I can't make sense of this tread without 'em.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

128295079917657500ihavetehlook.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Hagar wrote:
    Why has he only one post including the one on this thread?
    Odd unless all his other posts have been deleted or he's a re-reg.
    He needs to learn to pick his fights.

but he did re-reg nearly a year in advance, which is pretty good foresight, i'm impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

who are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

OP, you're a troll. You were called quickly on the Rugby forum and your thread killed off.

If an established poster said it, maybe the thread would have survived, but you signed up to post flamebait.

More cat pics please...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

reply.gif

Must resist urge to post....

Damn it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

OP, you're a troll. You were called quickly on the Rugby forum and your thread killed off.

Well done to Ruggie - he's playing a blinder this last week or so clamping down on this kind of crap..
    If an established poster said it, maybe the thread would have survived

Oooo.. I wouldn't be too sure about that.. at least Ryle ain't commentating, so that's one less topic to worry the mods with.. :p
    More cat pics please...

YES!! Where's the "Iz in ur scrum, stealin ur ball"?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Allez les vert!!!

_41294594_brian416.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

More cat pics please...

Certainly sir.

d50d97d9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Certainly sir.

d50d97d9.gif

BEST CAT PIC EVER!:D

• Advertisement

brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Whackerr wrote:
    My original posting... The reason this Rugby team is so brutal is because it's the only "team" in the competition without a National Anthem and without a National Flag.

They are passionless and they deserve all they get.

SHAME on the irfu and you supporters for putting up with it. Pathetic !
    I agree with you, if its the irish national team it should use the irish anthem like we do in boxing, hockey, international rules football etc..He's entitled to his opinion if he wants wheter you's agree or disagree with him-people dont have to respond to the post if they dont like it.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

sorry, fix that - "if its the republic of ireland national team it should use the republic of irish anthem

now, to cap this thread off:

singingsharksign.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

pcqw6.jpg

Although despite pimp cat's ponderings I would have to agree cowzerp to some degree. Isnt the guy entitled to an opinion even if we do think its ridiculous?

This has been posted upon heaps of times before...those threads always descend into a flamefests with sectarian bigotry to the fore.

if you wanna moan about the anthem issues go to humanities

Advertisement