Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tech drawing notes

Options
  • 20-09-2007 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

i am doing alright atm. (prob top 4 in my class anyway)

i just find that there are certain things my teacher does and methods i don't understand.

even when explained i don't get them at all. so is there any sites or info with methods explained and why u do them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

There's a book you can get in nearly any school-book shop, I can't remember the name of it atm, it's a big greenish one that looks very old. It's very good, it has every key concept/tool etc. that one might use in TD described and explained plus indexed at the back. My old teacher was the same way, he had a very informal approach to teaching this subject. You can use this book to make your answering a lot more structured, applying theorems to the structures instead of just trying to consider it all at once, plus if there's anything that you dont understand it can give you more info on it. It's not cheap though iirc - ~E20.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭glenn3ie

i am doing alright atm. (prob top 4 in my class anyway)

Does you class have more than 4 people though! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

The one problem with the way we were taught TD was that we didn't have a book. we just went in on the first day in fifth year and we bought a set of exam papers and worked through them, doing 4 questions on each paper. He even had that book that zobra is talking bout and he never gave it to us. ( cant remember the name of it either.)

Anyway, I looked on ALOT of websites for helpful info and found absoloutly nothing useful. I suppose some sort of book is your best chance if your teacher isn't great. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jhn_noln

did tech drawing last year and got an a1 but like u my teacher seemed to miss out on the small theory bits dat cud get u dat extra mark!! the green book ye are on about is very helpful and so is doin all the questions on past papers and most certainly using the solutions and marking schemes on the net (www.examinations.ie)

i did nearly every exam question back to about 1990 twice!!! u also, for safety, realy should have five questions on each paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 omg123

I got an A1. I did very little work and i hated my teacher by the end of sixth year. Like sd123 I did only 4 questions on each paper. Its not hard at all. Dont worry at all bout presentation cos theres very few marks for it. I was 14 marks away from 100% overall and i only did a few questions out over the two LC years.

Point of the story: You dont need a book. The subject is EASY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i know its easy. i can do most questions no bother. but generally there is one thing i can't do on a question.

atm 2001 paper 1 #2

its easy alright but i don't know how to get point e.

then again i am sure i could get 90% if i guessed e and made it look right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jhn_noln

jez rub it in on the poor lad aniway:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

i know its easy. i can do most questions no bother. but generally there is one thing i can't do on a question.

atm 2001 paper 1 #2

its easy alright but i don't know how to get point e.

then again i am sure i could get 90% if i guessed e and made it look right.

Result on Examinations.ie if it helps.
    omg123 wrote:
    I got an A1. I did very little work and i hated my teacher by the end of sixth year. Like sd123 I did only 4 questions on each paper. Its not hard at all. Dont worry at all bout presentation cos theres very few marks for it. I was 14 marks away from 100% overall and i only did a few questions out over the two LC years.

Point of the story: You dont need a book. The subject is EASY

On a scale of 1-10 measuring relevance, your post just scored -2.

Advertisement