Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size dish for Sirius?

• 20-09-2007 8:45pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

I've been asked to install a dish for Sirius (5E). What size dish would be needed for this bird?

It's to be used for Romanian channels. If Lyngsat maps are reliable, I think it would need to be about 1m dish. Would this be right?
    http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/sirius2_eurf.html

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

I have done a few set ups around co Wexford for Romanian tv I was using 1 metre dishes for Sirius but lately a lot of Romanians are wanting Intelsat 10-02 - Thor 2/3 at 1west which i had to use 1.2 metre dishes for.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thanks for the advice, scaller.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

No problamo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I get a fair few channels off it here in Roscommon on my 1m byte. If you give me some of the names I can check what signal, if any I get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

I get a fair few channels off it here in Roscommon on my 1m byte. If you give me some of the names I can check what signal, if any I get.
    CANALE ROMANESTI.FREE TO AIR.more on the eutelsat 16E..PROTV INT..ANTENA INT..NATIONAL 24.TVR INT = TVR -IASI ETC

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

byte wrote:
    I've been asked to install a dish for Sirius (5E). What size dish would be needed for this bird?

It's to be used for Romanian channels. If Lyngsat maps are reliable, I think it would need to be about 1m dish. Would this be right?
    http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/sirius2_eurf.html
    For MAX TV 80 CM...FOR TARAF+REALITATEA 1.2.M

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

For MAX TV 80 CM...FOR TARAF+REALITATEA 1.2.M
    Yeah, I recall Taraf being a channel he mentioned. He was supposed to call me today, but he didn't.

I think he was a bit peeved that his rusty minidish was too small. :)

Advertisement