Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uh-Oh

Options
  • 20-09-2007 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

ok so i finally got all my stuff together, with a new copy of vista et al. flicked the system on once it was all hooked up at got a reboot, with no output to monitor.

according to the lights on the mobo there's a problem with the CPU. this CPU is taken from an older PC and it worked fine.. is there a way to check if it's the pins on the new mobo or the CPU itself?

system spec:
    2GB DDR2 RAM
    Radeon HD2900XT
    Core2Duo
    MSI P35 Platinum

the mobo is the newest part here from komplett, so i'm worried if the mobo is the issue could i even get it exchanged for a new one...

argh!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

What cpu exactly? Your board may need a bios update to support it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

conzymaher wrote:
    What cpu exactly? Your board may need a bios update to support it

CPU is compatible alright. it seems the issue was supposed to be CPU (there are LED's to indicate various errors on the mobo itself). tested it in a mates system and it works grand. tech support reckon it could be an issue with the port being damaged in transit at some stage...

brought up a return ticket with komplett.

i think i may go for some award for "worst luck with new build"... never had this many complications in my life..

i'm more upset about not being able to play TF2 outside of work tbh :(

Advertisement