Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Color Correction - Advice required

• 20-09-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently shot a continuous 40 minute wedding speech where I accidently set the white balance control incorrectly on the camera. The color on the clip starts off ok but then randomly and over a few seconds starts to go a deeper red color, then back to normal and repeats that pattern over the entire clip. I've got avid liquid and adobe premiere pro 2 at my disposal but so far looks as through I have to split the clip and manually change the rgb values using the color corrector - which is painful. Anyone know how I'd specify the starting color as the correct color for the entire sequence and to hold that color throughout the clip ?
    cheers,
    reece

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Not quite sure if this will work by the details you give.... if the colour correction needed is constant through out, you just need to add a video layer, stick a colour correction effect on the "filler" of the new layer and then alter that. Because Avid looks from the top down the CC will be the top layer so it will effect everything below.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

cheers john, I'll give it a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭(insert name)

that soubds a little like a macrovision prob. was the footage evr analogue eg a scart cable etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Pinnacle studio has a auto colour corrector that changes with each frame..

thats version 11...

Advertisement