Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Death so soon?

• 20-09-2007 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

I bought my 360 last week in the Tesco offer.

Today I bought Halo and Ninja Gaiden Black second hand.

Halo won't play as it's an "unreadable disc" and NGB keeps giving the "There is a problem with the disk you are using. It may be dirty or damaged." message.

Both the discs look fine and I gave them a good clean and the updates are installed. Gears of War hasn't given any problems though. The Xbox also crashed when logging into Live.

Is it on the way out already? I did have it on overnight downloading the Bioshock demo. Would that have anything to do with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The 360 is a temperamental beast, my old one wouldn't play discs if they were even slightly scratched. Are you getting the "to play this disc, put it in a 360 console" cos if you are thats generally not a good sign. otherwise i would just exchange the game discs from where you got them to see if that helps. Oh and leaving it on all night is not a good idea! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Nope, I'm not getting that message yet thankfully.

I should turn it off for a while though, the heat coming out the back is quite worrying.

The heat is normal. It's very powerful! whats the manufacturing date on the back (near the serial no.) if it's fairly recent it will have the extra heatsink on the graphics chip which helps keep it a lot cooler and greatly reduces the 3 rings death (in theory anyway)

The heat is normal. It's very powerful! whats the manufacturing date on the back (near the serial no.) if it's fairly recent it will have the extra heatsink on the graphics chip which helps keep it a lot cooler and greatly reduces the 3 rings death (in theory anyway)

2006-09-23

Must have been on the shelf in Tesco for a bit

Hmm, not sure about that, you could be grand. There is a way to find out if you have the extra heatsink:
    http://www.weplayxbox.com/2007/06/20/feeling-cool-how-to-tell-if-your-repaired-xbox-360-has-the-new-additional-heatsink/

Give that a try and it'll set your mind at ease! if it has the extra one you're golden (well, as much as you can be with a microsoft product!) ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Try going into the settings menu and changing it to boot to the dashboard when you power it on. mine gave ****loads of "disc could not be read" messages on brand new games until I did this.

Thanks for the tips.

I peered around with a torch for a while but don't think I've the new heatsink.
    tman wrote:
    Try going into the settings menu and changing it to boot to the dashboard when you power it on.

Have it set up like that, thanks.

I replaced the Halo disk and it runs fine. Oddly the replacement disk seems in worse condition than the original but works. Still getting the read errors with Ninja Gaiden so I'll return that and hopefully it will fix it.

I was playing the Stranglehold demo from the HD and that froze on me which is a bit worrying but it is only a demo so perhaps I shouldn't be too concerned

Advertisement