Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis courts in the city?

• 20-09-2007 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

Me and the brother are looking to play a game of tennis somewhere, but we can't think of places. The RSC is renovating and I think St. Anne's are members only.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

viewmount but the cours are awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Is the one up by the folley St Annes?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

i know theres a court in butlerstown somewhere, and if your willing to travel a little, there are also courts in dunmore, if you need more info on the courts in butlerstown , i can get more info for you from the lads in work pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

there used to be one in the mercy secondary school...

wasnt there courts up in Ard na greine too??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Is the one up by the folley St Annes?

Yep, thats the one.

I actually live in Viewmount and have experienced those so called "courts" more than enough. Nets up to a 1 foot high and broken glass all over the place from time to time too

At the moment we're thinking De La Salle...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

if you are thinking De La Salle make sure to seek permission. If you are a past pupil then you should be OK, or just be nice to the brothers.

You could just go to Ballinakill, there are a few private courts there, owned by some of the stuck up members of St. Annes! I used to be a member there as a kid, god the little sh*ts were intolerable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

if you are thinking De La Salle make sure to seek permission. If you are a past pupil then you should be OK, or just be nice to the brothers.

You could just go to Ballinakill, there are a few private courts there, owned by some of the stuck up members of St. Annes! I used to be a member there as a kid, god the little sh*ts were intolerable!

All the members of St. Anne's are not stuck up, Well I'm not anyhow:D

Bards wrote:
    All the members of St. Anne's are not stuck up, Well I'm not anyhow:D

Of course not all of them are stuck up (I wasn't either :D ).
    But when I was a member there it was quite difficult there, dealing with certain little spoiled kids!

I haven't been up there in years, has it changed much? Have they expanded yet again or is it still the 8 or 9 courts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Of course not all of them are stuck up (I wasn't either :D ).
    But when I was a member there it was quite difficult there, dealing with certain little spoiled kids!

I haven't been up there in years, has it changed much? Have they expanded yet again or is it still the 8 or 9 courts?

they still have 9 courts, recently re-laid and new flood lighting installed. New swipe card system on the front gates, and club house

Bards wrote:
    they still have 9 courts, recently re-laid and new flood lighting installed. New swipe card system on the front gates, and club house

The swipe card thingy is probably a good idea, i remember many times we used to get a few odd balls coming in to visit us on the courts! It always did provide some mild amusement when your game isn't going very well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dog-man-star

Is this all the tennis courts in Dublin?
    I just want to go bash a ball about - don't want to join a club - Are there any public courts?
    I have some recollection of courts up beside the park in Ballsbridge, are they still there?

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Is this all the tennis courts in Dublin?
    I just want to go bash a ball about - don't want to join a club - Are there any public courts?
    I have some recollection of courts up beside the park in Ballsbridge, are they still there?

Thanks

Welcome to the Waterford City Forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Sully wrote: »
    Welcome to the Waterford City Forum!

ha ha ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dog-man-star

sorry guys - Just searched for tennis in the search engine - didn't spot it was in the Waterford forum til now.
    I'm new - don't shoot me :)

Thanks...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

sorry guys - Just searched for tennis in the search engine - didn't spot it was in the Waterford forum til now.
    I'm new - don't shoot me :)

Thanks...

No problem. Welcome to Boards :)

Advertisement