Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice

Options
  • 20-09-2007 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi everyne,
    I was looking for any advice, can anyone tell me where i can find a website which tells of irish men that took part in the brittish army during second world war .
    Wouild be great if it had their stories, feelings,,,etc.
    I dont know anything about the military just doing a little research.
    I looked around myself but couldnt find much.
    Thanks....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hi everyne,
    I was looking for any advice, can anyone tell me where i can find a website which tells of irish men that took part in the brittish army during second world war .
    Wouild be great if it had their stories, feelings,,,etc.
    I dont know anything about the military just doing a little research.
    I looked around myself but couldnt find much.
    Thanks....

When my father was tracing his grandfathers military history he found the lads in the British Embassy invaluable.

You might also try the British Legion http://republic-of-ireland.britishlegion.org.uk/

Best of luck with your search. We (my family) got fantastic help and information from both organisations.

Advertisement