Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold Chocobo Stats (FFVII)

Options
  • 20-09-2007 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭

Howdy. Just started touching up on my FFVII saves there and I'm working on getting the best possible gold chocobo. I've been loading and reloading and the best I have gotten so far is speed at 170~

Do the parents' stats influence the offsprings stats? Is it possible to breach 999 stamina (like that sunuvabitch Teioh)? Would I have been better off using 2 great chocobos instead of a great and a good to obtain my blue and green chocobos?

Just a couple of things that I've been wondering about.

Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

As far as i remember, It depends on the parents and what you feed the chocobos...ie different greens give different attributes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Yeah I just feed them a ton of sylkis greens, so I don't think that's the problem. I hope I'm not gonna have to start again because the parents are crap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Dont think that its possible to get over 999 stamina, i think i got about 800(could be very wrong ;) )

I think that you have to mix greens, not just use the sylkis to get the best stats

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

kawaii wrote:
    Yeah I just feed them a ton of sylkis greens, so I don't think that's the problem. I hope I'm not gonna have to start again because the parents are crap...

You won't have to start again. I paid no attentin to breeding them and finished the side quest everytime. Your chocobo builds up stats anyway everytime he wins a race. Beat Teioh before by standing in front of him for the whole race :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

Why do you want to max out the chocobos stats?....surely the only reason to go through the bother of getting a gold one is so you can get knights of the round, and that doesn't depend on the chocobos stats just as long as its a gold one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I'm reasonably certain that that black tosser will always be statistically stronger than you, no matter how high you manage to get your attributes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

It's okay, I found all the answers I need in a guide. For anyone else interested: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197341/45703

Just press ctrl + f and search for M2.2

Teioh is definitely always stronger than you, even breaking the 999 limit. Racing does not improve stats, only rank; ...complex equations...

And the reason I want good stats is because I want a near perfect save, really... And just maximum ease in the Chocobo square!

Advertisement