Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King Sligo - CLOSED

Options
  • 20-09-2007 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Just walking down O'Connell St this evening and I noticed that Burgerking has been boarded up and the external sign removed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Yes i knew this was coming for the last couple of weeks....Easons bookshop is going in there instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Ah not too bad so.

Easons > Burger King!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

bobcar61 wrote:
    Yes i knew this was coming for the last couple of weeks....Easons bookshop is going in there instead

Has this been confirmed?
    That means we are to have 4 bookshops on O'Connell street!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

As a former BK employee its a sad day , they always seemed to do decent business , maybe they are moving elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

tbh, any time i go past it, it always seams empty, or 2 o3 table ocupied at the most, not surprised its closing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

There goes another set of toilets in town!!!

hahaha, its the only time i was ever in there my self as well

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Its such a bugger, it was much cleaner then the other crowd, we used to go in there a good few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

WOW BOOKS FOR BURGERS!
    Hurray Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I wonder is it moving to Johnston Court. Around now would be the time that johnston court would have opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I always thought Burger King was always empty. Not suprised it's closing at all!

Have we had confirmation that easons is going to be there? I'd love that. The bookshops in this town are absolutely brutal when it comes to doing the likes of Audiobooks! Hopefully Easons will be better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

There goes all my free vouchers I got on I.T registration day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

A little part of Ciaran Cryan just died. :(

This is what happens, Ciaran goes away to Australia 3 months ago (for a year) and Burger King shut down.

It's no coincidence I assure you.

are they relocating to the new shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

SaxoDuff wrote:
    There goes all my free vouchers I got on I.T registration day!!

Mabye they gave away to many free whoppers and had to close. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

bobcar61 wrote:

People are saying Easons are going in any empty building they see, but there is no reason to believe it. It was said about the new shopping centre but we all know that its not happening. There are only three easons in Connaught atm, so if they were going into Sligo they would probably like to get a nice big space (ie not BK) that isn't too close to THREE local businesses who will all have their own loyal customer base. I mean I'm not going to Easons for anything I can already get on O'Connell st. Plus there's no info on the Easons site that I can find that would suggest they are moving to Sligo.

hope not going to far of topic, but as it was said easons would probably like a large premesis, what are the plans for the new develpment beside the 4lights, also, where else on o'connell street would be central location enough for soemwhere such as easons, apart from the johson or quay side centres

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Eason's? Seriously?! I'll so be applying for a summer job there! Any idea when it opens?

Advertisement