Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

17,00 points for Mobile phone use

Options
  • 20-09-2007 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

(it should say 17000 on heading!!)

From The Irish Times..
    17,000 get points for mobile phone use

More than 17,000 motorists have received penalty points for using mobile phones when driving since it was made an offence last September.

Figures released by the Department of Transport show an average of 1,400 drivers have been caught using their mobile while driving every month

I've noticed a huge increase in motorists using phones while driving especially on motorways. And not only that but the bigger and more expensive the car it seems the worst the offenders are. I just can't understand someone buying a car for 50 grand and not bothering with a hands free kit. Are they special or something???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I'm not excusing this, but the network is crap , You can hear noone on handsfree.
    I have a handfree kit professionaly installed by my company.
    its useless you can here noone.
    using hands on is the only way you can hear everything.
    In my experience I have just about avoided sudden puller inners who got a call or the people who think its ok to stop anywhere to take a call !!!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

And still people continue to do it.
    If I can make a bold statement, I would say that it appears (to me) that females seem to be visibly on the phone a lot more than males.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,986 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They're multitasking!
    stratos wrote:
    I'm not excusing this, but the network is crap , You can hear noone on handsfree.
    I have a handfree kit professionaly installed by my company.
    its useless you can here noone.
    using hands on is the only way you can hear everything.

I have a cheap ass handsfree setup that I bought in Lidl and I have no trouble hearing the other person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

That's not really effective, as to be hands free, you can't hold the phone, and when you switch that on, it doesn't boost the gain ( I think) of the mike, meaning wherever you have the phone is too far to pick up anything decent.
    Most new phones give you the headphones with them. I keep them in the car door. Plug them in whenever I drive. Simple as.

Advertisement