Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

budget wheel refurb

Options
  • 20-09-2007 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

with a bit of sanding and flatting, would aerosols be suitable for refurbing a set of 16s?

They're only the standard wheels from a UK A6 and they're a bit bubbly. They'll be up for sale soon and they won't exactly end up being the centrepiece of anyones pride and joy but the question is whether the paint will stay on?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Very interesting there kbannon- I have a feeling that might be handy to know. I sorta know a Wurth rep but I'll have to wait til i bump into him.

If the materials aren't too costly, maybe i could tackle the wheels for the sheer practise of it. Runs won't be a problem on my standard 16s.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Im going to do main soon (they badly need a refurb and I can't be without the car!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Its worth a go,i practiced before on an old set of wheels with abit of curbing,theres a specific can of colour i bought that matched the wheels perfect too that you'l pick up in any motorfactors.

It wasnt an A1 job but for a first attempt it was ok and its cheap and handy enough to do

Advertisement