Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine Water Pipes

Options
  • 20-09-2007 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi hope some one can offer some advice

I'm getting a new washing machine delivered tomorrow and disconnected the old one today so its ready to go get recycled.

I've had to turn off all the water to the apartment as the "valve" on the cold water pipe doesn't stop the flow of water and the switch to turn the valve off on the hot water pipe is broken.

As far as I know and am about to confirm on the web my new washer dryer only takes in cold water - no problem first issue solved.

Is there anyway I can stop the flow of water from the hot pipe as its no not going to be used without getting a plumber out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Hi hope some one can offer some advice

I'm getting a new washing machine delivered tomorrow and disconnected the old one today so its ready to go get recycled.

I've had to turn off all the water to the apartment as the "valve" on the cold water pipe doesn't stop the flow of water and the switch to turn the valve off on the hot water pipe is broken.

As far as I know and am about to confirm on the web my new washer dryer only takes in cold water - no problem first issue solved.

Is there anyway I can stop the flow of water from the hot pipe as its no not going to be used without getting a plumber out?

Thanks

Why not just get a blank and fit it to the hot supply ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

If the "valve" you mention is the little red/blue plastic lever type, then it is possibly slipping, but not actually physically shutting anything off.

Using little philips screw on face of lever remove it and using a pliers turn the brass axle 90degrees so that the flat faces are at right angles to the flow of water. This should isolate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

as oleras says a fitting blank is the easiest and most common way of resolving the cold fill only problem

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

are you sure the valve is broken?
    Have you disconnected the pipe?
    Even when its closed you will get some water coming out (under pressure) from whats left in the system beyond the valve.

Advertisement