Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company not getting back to you after estimate

Options
  • 20-09-2007 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got an email the other week from a company wondering if I would be interested in doing a bit of work to help them out.

They said it would it would be half a day - 1 day.

Anyway I gave them their estimate and my rate and I haven't heard back a thing.

I work fulltime for a company away so it didnt bother me if they didn't want to give me the job but they could have replied.

All talk before the estimate went in and then all quite.

I think it was a case of they tried to get me cheap cause they thought I was straight out of college looking for work and not a person having 7 years experience.

If they ever reply back what would you do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Personally I'd give them a ring and ask them if they accepted my estimate but a lot of times people only call back if they're going to do business with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

Just because they havn't got back to you doesnt mean they have decided on what they are going to do. I originally submitted a proposal for a piece of work last February and the company still have not decided. I am now waiting for a more detailed document on their requirements having been promised to receive it last week.

These things take time as a lot of companies put off things and there are usually more important things to do.

I would say email\phone your contact and see where they are with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

These things take time as a lot of companies put off things and there are usually more important things to do.
    Indeed. While the introduction of a new system might be important to the running of the business, day to day things can often take over, especially in SMEs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Trampas

They had a problem with which they needed resolved asap.

They sent me on the requirements in a spec with what they are trying to do.

Project manager mailed me as he got my name through someone an employee as was eager to get it done as was like how soon can it be done.

I gave the going rate for a short contract and if they wanted me to come in for a meeting outside development it would be a half day charge.

My estimate was 2 days.

They didn't even acknowledge my estimate to say we will be in touch. Cause I was expecting the old well we will give you x an hour instead of my y an hour.

Over a half a dozen emails were sent in total before I sent my estimate in an afternoon and then everything went quiet.

I think it is very bad not even to acknodwledge the estimate going in to say thanks and we will be in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

They may have got a cheaper estimate. They could have asked for an estimate from 10 different people. If you want to know, ring them.

They don't need to ring everyone back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement