Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funny destruction - suggestions welcome

• 20-09-2007 11:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I play in a covers band. At a recent gig some drunken idiot knocked over our €300 speaker and it's broken beyond repair. There is no point in selling it for parts.
    Rather than dump it, we are looking to destroy it in an amusing way. We'd like suggestions as to how to do this.
    Please note that we will clear up any mess created, and no damage will be inflicted onto anybody elses property, so please don't suggest this.

In Uni we destroyed really old broken PC monitors by dropping them out of a top story window into our back yard.
    It was a hell of a lot of fun to do and we cleaned everything up afterwards.
    There is nothing malicious about this.

So. A large active (powered) speaker. Most amusing way to destroy it - any suggestions?

P.S. May I pitch the suggestions "Yore Ma!" and "In before the close!" before anybody else does.

/edit - Also, out reasoning behind funny destruction is - some twat destroyed our equipment.
    We can't get the money back from him, nor can we get it back from the pub.
    So we have to get our €300 back from somewhere. This is it.
    This is not encouraging a random act of violence.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

rent an open back truck, put the speaker in it, and drive around dublin city with baseball bats smashing it in the back of the truck while people just stand there looking at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Take it to your local recycling center...

There are enough fools out there committing pointless destruction, no need for another one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

rent an open back truck, put the speaker in it, and drive around dublin city with baseball bats smashing it in the back of the truck while people just stand there looking at you.

Thats hardly gonna get their 300 quid back.

You should open the unit up and encourage a family of rabbits to take up home inside. Then you can charge people 1 quid for a look at the family of rabbits living in your speaker. A heart warming story I think you'll find it is.

After you've made back your money from the rabbit family, you may drop the speaker from height (rabbits included.. or not like. Whatever.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Orange69 wrote:
    Take it to your local recycling center...

Yeah yeah, Bono, think of the planet and all that.
    We'll do that afterwards, during the clear-up. NEXT!

• Advertisement

connundrum wrote:
    Thats hardly gonna get their 300 quid back.

You should open the unit up and encourage a family of rabbits to take up home inside. Then you can charge people 1 quid for a look at the family of rabbits living in your speaker. A heart warming story I think you'll find it is.

After you've made back your money from the rabbit family, you may drop the speaker from height (rabbits included.. or not like. Whatever.)

We're not actually, trying to make any money, simply justify throwing what €300 used to be away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Drench it in gasoline, then push it down a hill whilst immedialtely throwing a lighting match at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Rent a helicopter- and fly above the spire- place it on top mof the spire and see how long it balances for............................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Research on the internet how to make homemade explosives*. Blow the ****er up. Gratifying explosions always work!

*May not be legal lol. I am not condoning or advocating illegal activity. Just saying it would be a heck of a lot of fun.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Blow it up using compressed air. Legal and impressive.

Commiserations on the loss of your speaker btw, I lost my nice Tapco active monitors when some skobes stole my car at the weekend :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If it can still play sound, se how loud you can set it before it blows up.

Or, sing into it on Grafton Street, and have one of your mates come up, and smash the speaker to bits. If you do it this way, record it onto camera, and use it in one of your video's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

the_syco wrote:
    Or, sing into it on Grafton Street, and have one of your mates come up, and smash the speaker to bits. If you do it this way, record it onto camera, and use it in one of your video's.
    I like how this guy thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

It's too big for a microwave. :(

Explosives seem to be the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

If you had any brains you'd just buy a new one and switch it for the broken one. Say the new one arrived broken and send it back.

Stealing from a large faceless corporation is victimless crime, like punching someone in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

If you had any brains you'd just buy a new one and switch it for the broken one. Say the new one arrived broken and send it back.

Stealing from a large faceless corporation is victimless crime, like punching someone in the dark.

I am in the same covers band and I am very fond of that suggestion indeed. I like your style voodoo child.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

As good as blowing things up are, this is a great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Take the insides out, seal it and insert tough glass or plastic. Make a great looking gold fish bowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

Put a couple of small rubber aliens inside, and crash it from a height into a field somewhere remote like Leitrim. Take pictures and post them on the interweb on some UFO spotting site, then sit back waiting for Scully and Mulder to turn up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Viking funeral?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Office Space anyone?

Fair enough. Your "printer" is already smashed but doesn't it look so satisfying? :)

If the above is not to your liking, how about you just use it as a novelty over-size Ned Kelly stylee helmet?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

what do you know of Diesel oil, Nitrogen (NET Urea. s'good;)) and blasting caps?

Okie wrote:
    Excellent, I could stick a "PC Load Letter" label to it.
    I think it's mostly moulded plastic though, so I'm not sure if that would be as satisfying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Throw a bad taste party and give the speakers a wake (following all the traditions)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Smash it over the head of the eejit that wrecked it in the first place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

obl wrote:
    Drench it in gasoline, then push it down a hill whilst immedialtely throwing a lighting match at it.
    Gasoline?

Hallowe'en is coming up. Fireworks are available and should be put to good use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Terry wrote:
    Gasoline?

Hallowe'en is coming up. Fireworks are available and should be put to good use.

Where can you buy these fireworks you speak of?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Okie wrote:

Love that scene and I've been re-enact it many a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

petes wrote:
    Where can you buy these fireworks you speak of?
    I have no idea.
    Fireworks are illegal, so they are not sold in shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Love that scene and I've been re-enact it many a time.

I love that film too! I almost cried when I saw that first. Especially when ge goes back for more and one of the other guys holds him back, like it's a big bar fight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

make napalm, fill it, put it floating in a kids swimming pool, put a pirate flag on it and light

Advertisement