Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Returning a Phone?

• 21-09-2007 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so I had to buy a new phone after my V3 decided it had had enough. I decided to stay with meteor and had my heart set on a Samsung D900. Reading around and it has a few small issues, none of which concerned me too much. I was being told by my mates to go for a sony ericsson; bland to look at in my opinion, but very well build/featured phones nonetheless.

So, I'm in the meteor store and the helpful assistant is showing me the D900 (yes please!) and a S/E W610i. I wasn't too keen on its looks but it seemed to have some neat features which he was pointing out. He also said he would pick the S/E over the samsung. So, being the indecisive fool I am, I purchased the W610i.

After an hour of using it and reading reviews, I came to the same conclusion as a few other people: why oh why did Sony-Ericsson put those tiny keys on it!!! They are unresponsive, fiddly and actually a little sore to use. Ok, so I'm being a big girl here and my fingers will probably harden up over a few key pounding sessions, but I actually find it annoying to the point of unusable. Its a very nice phone, dont get me wrong...but I see they have addressed the key issue on the 3G enabled W660i...so there was a problem right?

Anyway, my point is the following. Bought the phone, used it for literally 2 hours or so and put it back in the box which is now sitting in my room. I emailed meteor and no reply, but can I return a phone that is undamaged and in perfect working order like I might return an item of clothing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Do you have a receipt?

If so then yes, unless otherwise stated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That's wrong. You are not entitled to an exchange or refund if you just change your mind. That's not store policy, that's law.

Was it bill pay or pay as you go? With most bill pay contracts for networks, there's a 14 day 'cooling off' period, during which time you can cancel the contract once the phone is returned. Since you said you were with Meteor already, not sure if this applies to upgrades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Thanks for the help lads. It was never a question of being entitled to an exchange, just wondering was it meteor policy to keep people happy. Anyway, my fault for not researching the phone more before buying.

Got a reply to my email today:
    Dear Michael,

Thank you for your email regarding your phone.

Meteor will accept a phone within 14 days of purchase, if the handset is found to be faulty.

Please contact the Meteor store where you bought the phone. It may only be possible

to exchange for a handset of the same make and model, or the equivalent of the price you paid

for your original handset.

If you have any further queries, you can contact us on freefone 1905 or info@meteor.ie

Kind Regards

Keith Browne

Customer Care Department

Meteor Mobile Communications

Ok, so its not faulty, I guess I'm out of luck then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

DirkVoodoo wrote:

Ok, so its not faulty, I guess I'm out of luck then?
    unfortunately so. i don't think meteor stores accept change of mind refunds at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Well, I just rang the store there and told them flat out that the phone is grand but I just dont like it. Girl said bring in everything and the receipt and it should be ok to exchange it....we will see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement