Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adidas Half-Marathon Saturday

• 21-09-2007 8:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Folks, looks like the weather will be ok for this. First time doing this distance so hoping for 1h55 or thereabouts (1h28 for 10 mile), second climb will be tough i fear!! Thank God it's not this morning or one would be tempted to lie in :) Anyone else doing it, and what times are they going for.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

I'll be doing it. Hoping to get around in 1hr 15mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

First time also at the 1/2 distance.
    Anything under 2hr will suffice for me, aim to finish as fresh as possible as marathon aim is to have a better 2nd half of the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

Taking part myself..hope to do it in 1hr 49 mins......keep you posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭onekeaneo

Hi All,
    Yeah I’m running tomorrow. Just back from illness. Ran 14 miles on Wednesday so hope to do it in 1hr 55 with a bit of luck.

P.S. Billyhead… 1hr 15 mins!! Legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Did this distance yesterday morning along Clontarf promenade and finished in 1hr 46min.
    Thought that must be a noob time but seems to be pretty good from the other posters. :)

Billyhead, 1hr 15mins :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭strawberrybox

hi lads ill be doing it myself to complete the race series hoping for just under 1hr 40min

1hr 15!!! you driving around or something???!!:D

I'm hoping for 1:15 or under. Ran the 10 miler in under 56 mins and have completed 2 previous halfs since then the first in 1hr 13mins and 48 secs and the second in 1 hr 14mins and 10 secs, and becasue this course isn't the easiest I will give myself and extra minute to get around.
    hi lads ill be doing it myself to complete the race series hoping for just under 1hr 40min

1hr 15!!! you driving around or something???!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FlyOver

Is there a holding area for gear at the race HQ? Or is it arrive and race? Really looking forward to the race on Sunday, first time running a half marathon race. Got the running bug from the Port Tunnel 10k last year. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 barb

I'm running the half tomorrow, but I've received no notification email stating my race number. Have all off you that are running it received yours and am I on my own here? I know it was very slow getting notification for the 10 mile race in August, but I did receive an email just before race day!

Wondering what I should do next? Is the notification from Active Europe of online registration sufficient to secure a place (and a goody bag ;) )?

Thanks for any advice!

Barb,

I havent received notification either. i guess we just head down to registration in the morning with id. Good luck in the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

For the 10 i just brought a printout of the reg e-mail,same one hopefully will do for this as i applied for both together,i assume i will have the same number also.Pasta coming out my ears!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 barb

Excellent! I can stop fretting and start eating pasta!

Good luck everyone. I hope you all achieve the time you hope for.

Barb

more mustard!!, are you suppposed to rub it on your legs?!!:)

Enjoyed that immensly..1h57m59s -- reasonably happy as it was a first. Would have been much faster but for Fernandes tripping me at the start:) he is a cheat!!passed me at 7 miles,-must be on red bull..only annoying thing was the guards who managed to constantly get in the way, also i didn't think we were getting shoved onto the footpath for the second round--not on the map as that--it's very narrow and unsuitable for a big field.but otherwise a great day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

1:44 very happy with it, great day. Currently eating a bacon sarnie with that mustard - not bad at all. I'm wondering what mustard we will have from the Maille range for the Marathon? The "pacemaker" on the tricycle with the purple wig was a laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Peckham

1.25 for me - a PB that I'm very happy with in those conditions.

Speaking of the conditions, was wondering whether they should have been handing out small water bottles rather than cups of water at at least one of the aid stations to make it easier for people to take fluids on board. Hope no-one suffered from dehydration or worse....

Also, those being lapped in the final two miles or so should really have been directed to the right hand side of the road earlier than the last few hundred metres....made a fast finish difficult.

All in all, very enjoyable though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Got in in 1.35 so I'm happy enough with that as I have been slacking on my distance. We were very luckly with the weather, if only oct would be as nice.

Peckham just a thought about what you were saying about the water, I always use a camelbak it beats all that messing around at water stations.

Odysseus wrote:

Peckham just a thought about what you were saying about the water, I always use a camelbak it beats all that messing around at water stations.

Tried a Camelbak in training, don't really like it. Normally take a belt with water/gel/isotonic in training, but not in races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭lizanne83

Yep me too, delighted with time ('for a girl!') of 1hr:33 :-)
    Had done a few 10k's etc but never half marathon distance. Looking forward to the full thing nxt month. I have my photo of post-race today on my website! - www.lizannebarnwall.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭shopaholic

that link is just redirecting me to the marathon website?

Register yourself. (maybe click on the British flag to get the site in English rather than Italian)
    Then click on "Ranking on line" midway down on the left panel
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭shopaholic

brilliant! husband did it and wanted to have a nosey as to who was around him! pity the search by name function isn't working yet.

shopaholic wrote:
    brilliant! husband did it and wanted to have a nosey as to who was around him! pity the search by name function isn't working yet.

Search function works okay for me, didn't need to register or anything - just click on the "Classifica on line" button halfway down the left hand side and then type in the first name into the "Cognome / Pettorale / Societa" box at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

I found that the search function doesn't work when using your surname so use your first name or club name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Blessed with the conditions. Another PB for me 1hr 31. First time around the Park for this series and happy to say the hills hardly troubled me. Must be the big mountains in Achill and Lennane in the race halves earlier in the year that sorted me. Not to mention the hills of Wicklow where I live.
    Water stations were a bit of a joke. First one was around 5 miles. Heard at least one person collasped a mile from the finish and a second just over the line. Hope they are now ok and a lesson will be learnt - try and get sponsers to supply small bottles! instead of those useless cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

billyhead - did you get round under your goal of 1hr 15?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Romily

Hi

Was wondering are there any other half marathons taking place in Ireland before the end of the year.

Thanks

Romily

The Mooathon this weekend in Donegal -
    you can check race events here
    http://www.runireland.com/events

• Advertisement

Hi Abhainn,

Yes. I did it in 1hr 14mins 29 secs. Roll on the marathon now.

Advertisement